NOTHING MORE

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The journey home from the charity event was rather silent. You were just looking out the window from the passenger’s seat as you don’t know what to say to the guy driving you home. Should you thank him for helping you again when you fainted? Or should you say sorry because you might have bothered or pissed him off.

The car stopped in front of his house and both of you stepped out. You were on your way to your room when his hand grabbed your wrist that made you stop.

“You should be hungry. We haven’t eaten anything all day.”

“I’m….I’m fine. I’m not hung—” Just then, your tummy growled. He then dragged you inside the kitchen and made you sit on a stool.

“I’m really oka—”

“You owe me one for helping you a while ago. Make that two. You do remember the first one right?”

You then sighed. You know how much you hated the feeling of owing someone. Now you can’t possibly say no to any of his demands for the moment.

He began cutting some vegetables that made you wonder what he was doing. “Are you going to cook?”

“Isn’t it obvious?”

“Y..You know how to cook?!”

“You can be the judge of that.” He flashed you a small smile.

*Is….Is he cooking for me right now?* “You know you have maids—”

“Shhh…. I’m cooking.” He shushed you.

After a few minutes of silence, you began to talk again. “Hey.”

“Yeah?”

“Look, I’m….I’m really so….sorr…sorry for what happened earlier.” You then look at him and waited for him to answer but he just continued with what he was doing. Judging from what you were seeing, he do probably know how to cook.

“And…And….thank you.” You manage to say but this time, you were too embarrassed to even look at him. “It’s okay if you won’t help me next time. I never asked for your help anyways. If that ever happened again just ignore me and walk away. You know that I’ll be fine and will wake up after a few minutes.”

“Minutes? More like hours.” He commented.

“Oh.” You bit your lip. “I’m….I’m sorry about that too.”

“That’s why next time, don’t faint in front of me. You’re really heavy.”

“G..Got it. I’ll….I’ll make sure not to faint in front of you next time.” You nodded but you just heard him giggle. “W…W…Why? Why are you giggling?”

 “Nothing.”

You sighed again. The aroma of the food lingered in the kitchen that made you drool. You hoped that it tastes delicious as much as it smells.

He began laying down in front of you the dishes. He observed you and he can see how much your eye twinkles from the food but he was rather disappointed that he didn’t get to see you smile again. *She must be holding it back.*

You gulped at the amount of food in front of you. You looked at Mark and waited for him to go. You know that he knows you can’t eat with other people around you.

But just then, he sat across from you as he grabbed his own plate and utensils.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m eating. I’m also hungry.” He then noticed you shrugged. “You should eat too.”

“Are you serious?”

“I know how much uncomfortable you are eating with others but you should start trying to—”

“You don’t understand.”

“Don’t you get really, really lonely eating alone every single day?”

“I didn’t choose to be lonely. Lonely chose me.”

“There you go again with your mindset. You know if you start practicing now then maybe after a few more times, you’ll get used to it and you won’t feel uncomfortable as before.”

“You really don’t—” He then shoves a piece of meat in you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter