BEST FRIEND

Don't Touch Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hanbin led you to a room where the both of you can talk privately while the other iKon guys were at the living room.

“Now tell me, why did you run away? Is it because of me? Am I a nuisance to you?” Hanbin began.

It took some time for you to answer back. You were collecting your thoughts and also think about how to explain everything.

“No, it wasn’t because of you, it’s because of me.”

“Ya…”

“Out of everyone who are the one who knows me for who I really am and what I went through but I was afraid….”

“Afraid of what?”

“I was afraid of something that will happen that’s why I never told you. I know we shouldn’t keep secrets from each other but I was really afraid.”

“Seulmi-ah, I—”

“But you, I never knew you’ll be a bad guy. Like what the hell?! That isn’t you! This isn’t you!” You looked at the stitches on his forehead.

“I’m…I’m sorry. I never meant to be like this.”

“Never meant? Then why do you keep on doing it?! You even stabbed someone!”

“I…I know I was out of my mind and I’m sorry. I..I was just really angry.”

“Angry about what?” You look deep into his eyes.

“After you’ve run away, we move here in Seoul because my parents can earn more money here but I don’t like the idea. What if you went back to the orphanage? I really just wanted to stay there to wait for you but my parent’s won’t let me. Maybe I was quite rebellious so I did everything for them to be angry at me.”

“You know they just did that for you and your siblings. Why keep your pride and stubbornness?! Why should you wait for me?! I ran away that means I’m not going back so you should’ve hate me and told yourself to do everything you can to be successful and make me regret running away! You should have done that instead!”

“I can never hate you Seulmi, you know that.”

A tear then escaped from your eyes. “You should hate me. I was the one who left without telling you. You should hate me.”

Hanbin move closer and wanted to hug you but you stepped back.

“I can’t Hanbin.”

“What do you mean you can’t?”

“The reason I started secluding myself from anybody is because….because….I can see their death. When they touch my skin I can see how, when and where they’ll die and that was why I was afraid!”

Hanbin then looked away in disbelief and started laughing. “Woah, Seulmi.I never knew you were good at joking! You always fail at jokes when we were young! That was really funny!” He continued laughing but stopped when he saw you just hang your head down and cry.

“S…Seulmi….”

“I thought it will be like this that’s why I never told you.”

“Han Seulmi, you’re still joking right? I mean how can—”

“I wish I was.” You look at him with your tears still flowing.  “But I’m not. You are one of the persons that I never would want to know how you’ll die because I’m afraid that it might be today, tomorrow, or the next day after. That’s why I was careful, especially from you.”

“No, everything is just a nightmare. You can’t see death. You can’t—”

“I hope it was but I told you it wasn’t! Do you know how much it hurts when my mom died? I knew it years before and whenever her death flashes in my mind, I can’t help but cry. I can’t make it s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter