Break Even

I Slept With Him ♥♥

 

            I had a dream about three handsome boys that night and I woke up having a headache. I had a suspicion that yesterday will not be the last time I will see them. I was brushing my teeth when my phone rang. The phone displayed that I have a new text message.

 

            Opening the message I found that it was from Hyun Joong. ‘We need to talk. Meet me in front of the Law building after your class.’ it says. My shoulders sagged, there wasn’t even a ‘Good morning Eun Hye. Oppa missed you yesterday and I’m looking forward on seeing you today’. All I get is a cold message. I don’t understand him at all and I suddenly felt nervous.

 

            I went to school a little lazily dreading the moment that I will see Hyun Joong. I somehow felt ridiculous by acting this way but I tried to feel upbeat.

 

            Our today’s project is making a pot of our own design. My back aches from crouching and I stretched my arms widely while our professor informed us that we will claim the pot next week.

 

            “Aigoo.” I said reaching for my back. I waved at my classmates and bade them goodbye.

 

            I am almost at the Law building when I saw Hyun Joong leaning on a tree. He was frowning and he didn’t seem happy. I’m feeling cold feet and I wanted to bolt towards the other way. I held my breath and walked straight to him.

 

            “Oppa!” I waved willing my voice to be pleasant.

           

            He looked at me a little slowly like he’s seeing me for the very first time. He smiled at me tentatively. “Hi.”

            “How are you? I missed you yesterday.” I asked grinning at him.

            “I’m okay.” he said. He almost sounds a little nervous.

            “I made you onigiri yesterday and…” I chat on and on not giving him a chance to speak. I don’t want to hear what he’s going to say yet.

            He held up his hand to me and said, “Eun Hye we need to talk.”

            “Really? We can do that while we’re eating. Why don’t we go on the cafeteria?” I asked taking his hand.

            He holds me on both shoulders and looked at me intently. “This is serious Eun Hye. Please listen.”

            I wanted to tell him that I don’t want to hear what he’s going to say but that would be rude so instead I said, “What is it, oppa? Do you have a problem?”

            “No, I’m okay.” he answered.

            “What is it then?” I asked my voice growing anxious by each second.

            “This is not easy for me to say. And I don’t mean to hurt you.” he began and my heart pounded. “I love you and you know it. It’s just that I think we need to have some space for a while.”

            “I-I don’t understand.” I stammered.

            “I think we need to be friends for now.” he said simply.

 

            It took me three minutes before my brain completely processed what he said and I can see concern on his eyes. When I found my voice I swear I hear it break, “You’re breaking up with me?”

            “I just want us to have some space for a while.” he said.

            “You’re breaking up with me.” I said. “Why?”

 

            I can feel tears threatening to flow on my cheeks and I tried to prevent it. I blinked hard and stared at him.

 

            “I just want you to focus on your studies first.” he answered lamely.

            “Is this about what I said in the cab?” I asked him and he looked pale. “About the ring?”

            “No, no.” he replied.

            “Don’t lie to me.” I said my voice breaking.

           

            He looked at me for a long time. “Eun Hye, you’re thinking about the future to much. You’re still young; we’re still young to think about marriage.”

            “I know that’s why I said ‘someday’.” I said tears flowing in my eyes. “Why are you being like this?”

            “I just want what’s best for us. For you.” he replied.

 

            I shook my head and I covered my ears.

            “Please Eun Hye. Please understand.” he pleaded with me.

            “No!” I shouted. “I don’t understand. You’re not like this.”

 

            He looked around desperately and found no one listening. He tried to hug me but I pushed him away, sobbing.

 

            “What did I do for you to do this?” I asked him. “Did Lily tell you do this?”

            “No, of course not.” he said defensively. “Lily is a nice person.”

            “If she’s a nice person then go spend your time with her!” I shouted and ran a way.

 

            “Eun Hye!” he called after me.

 

            My vision is blurred by my tears but I swear I saw Lily smirking at me behind a tree near where Hyun Joong and I were talking. I ran to the nearest bathroom and locked my self on the nearest stall.

            I didn’t know how long I cried there, my head aching even more. When I looked at myself in the mirror I almost didn’t recognized the girl staring back at me. Her eyed were sad and red. Her cheeks stained with mud from making pot. An image of Lily smirking at me and I felt insecure. She’s pretty and I’m just an ordinary girl. She’s probably with Hyun Joong right now, sympathizing with him for having a worst girlfriend.

 

            I went to the music building and I didn’t care if I see Heechul and his gang again. Even a fight with him will be okay, anything to distract me from the pain. I sat down on the top stairs and bent my head on my knees. I must’ve been on the wrong floor because instead of hearing a classical music I heard upbeat music.

 

             [Heechul] Neo gateun saram tto eopseo juwireul dureobwado geujeo georeohdeongeol       eodiseo channi
Neo gatchi joheun saram neo gatchi joheun saram neo gatchi joheun ma eum neo gatchi joheun seonmul....


 

 

            I closed my eyes and allowed myself to be swept away to the music. I stayed for like an hour and decided to go to a place I’ve never been before.

 

 

Author's Note:

 

      AHHHH..Eun Hye's heart is broken 3.. >.< What will happen now? Better find out!!

 

COMMENT And SUBSCRIBE ♥♥ kamsa!

 

LOVE RIOT:

 

Purple Mallows: