Nights Without Him

I Slept With Him ♥♥

 

“Unnie!!” a girl called after me.

 

          I looked around to find Casey running after me. “Annyeong.”

 

          She stopped in front of me and gave me a warm smile. “Annyeong unnie. Are you going to school now?”

 

          “Neh.” I nodded. “I’m on my way to school, wae?”

 

          “Are you going to teach us again later?” she asked eagerly.

 

          I smiled. “Maybe I will if unnie’s professor won’t give her lots of homework.”

 

          “Wae?” she complained. “We like it when you teach us how to draw.”

 

          I laughed. “Arasso, arasso. I’ll drop by at your school later.”

 

          “Jeongmal?!” she screamed with delight.

 

          “Neh.” I nodded. “Now unnie have to go.”

 

          “Pai pai!!” she waved after me.

 

         

          I wave at her and walked under the early morning sun. I looked at the green fields I passed along the way. My thoughts were interrupted when my phone beeped. I looked at the screen and smiled.

 

          “Hyun Joong!” I answered.

 

          “Yeoboseyo.” he laughed.

 

          “How are you?” I asked. “Gwenchanna?”

 

          “Aniyo…I’m not okay.” he complained.

 

          “Wae?” I asked worriedly.

 

          He sighed. “The exams were killing me.”

 

          I laughed. “Yah! If you want to be a lawyer someday you should endure all your exams.”

 

          “Aish~ I wish I was still in Korea.” he continued to complain.  “The exams there were easier.”

 

          “Aigoo~ you have to think of positive things!” I chastised him. “Why don’t you think about Samantha, huh?”

 

          He laughed. “Neh. I should think of her.”

 

          “How is she?” I teased. “Are you getting married soon?”

 

          “Mou?!” he asked. “Yah Eun Hye, it’s just been six months when I met her.”

 

          “Waeyo?” I pouted. “I was just asking. Ah ppali and come home. I want to meet her!”

 

          Hyun Joong laughed. “She wants to meet you too.”

 

          “Jinjja?” I asked excitedly. “I can’t wait.”

 

          “Neh,” he replied.

 

          “Oh, oppa. I’m here at school now.” I said. “Bye for now.”

 

          “Eun Hye, gwenchana?” he asked.

 

          I paused. “Neh.”

 

          “Arasso, bye.” he hangs up.

 

 

          I stood there in the school gate thinking about his last question. Gwenchana? I know he was asking a lot more. Am I okay? How long has it been? Six months?

 

          Six months without him.

 

          I walked on the school grounds absentmindedly as I flashed back to that day, six months ago.

 

         

          I finally arrived at the airport where it feels very familiar. I once stood here to see Hyun Joong go and fly to Anerica but this time it will be different. I will be going with him.

 

          There will be no turning back.

 

          I clutched my ticket and passport and looked for Hyun Joong. I found him waiting for me on the seats near the big screen where they display the arrival and departure of flights.

 

          He stood up when he saw me.

 

          “You made it.” he said sounding surprised.

 

          “You didn’t think I will come?” I asked him.

 

          He shook his head. “Well no…”

 

          “I’m here now.” I said. “How much time?”

 

          “Thirty minutes.” he replied.

 

          “Arasso.” I said and looked around.

 

          He touched my arm. “Are you sure about this Eun Hye?”

 

          “Why do you keep asking me that?” I asked him back.

 

          “I just want you to be sure.” Hyun Joong said.

 

          I looked away. “I’m sure.”

 

          “You’re such a bad liar.” he sighed.

 

          I bit my lip in order not to cry. He hugged me tight and kissed my hair.

 

          “You can start over without leaving.” he mumbled in my ear.

 

          “I thought you want me to come with you?” I asked.

 

          “I do but I don’t want you to come with me just because I told you so.” Hyun Joong explained. “You’re unhappy now and if you don’t want to leave, it’s okay.”

 

          “I will be disappointing you again.” I mumbled on his chest.

 

          “Don’t think about me.” Hyun Joong said. “Stop thinking about other people and start thinking for yourself.”

 

          I pulled away from him and I saw his sincerity. He took the ticket from my hand placed it inside his coat pocket.

 

          He smiled. “I should take this.”

 

          “Oppa…” I protested.

 

          “Be a good girl and start over.” Hyun Joong said. “Call me if you need anything.”

 

          “You don’t have to go alone.” I said to him.

 

          “This time I really have to.” he said as the P.A system calls his flight. “Come visit me in America when you have time.”

 

          “Annyeong~” I said my goodbye and gave him a parting kiss on the cheek.

 

          I watched him go for the second time. I really am thankful for him. I walked away and I’m almost at the door when I saw Heechul running inside. I quickly hide myself and watched him from the side.

 

          I saw him run around like a lost, crazy person. He stared at the big screen and dropped to the floor crying. He must have thought that I already left. I restrained myself from running and comforting him. It pains my heart to see him like that but I have to let him think I’m gone. It will be better for him to just forget about me.

 

          I watched as Leeteuk take him away. That was the last time I saw Heechul.

 

 

          The school bell woke me up from my thoughts and I sighed. Six months but that’s not enough to even forget about him. How can I, when I love him so much? So much it hurts…but this is my life now. I have started over, here in Jeju Island where I’m studying Fine Arts again.

 

          I have a new life now and I try to be happy but somehow it’s still incomplete. I’m happy for Hyung Joong though because he has finally met the girl for him, at least one of us is happy.

 

          I was about to get on with my first class when I saw a familiar figure standing outside our school building.

 

          “Kyu…hyun?” I mumbled.

 

          “It’s been a long time, noona.” he smiled at me.

 

          I stared at him. “What are you doing here?”

 

          “I have a photo shoot near here.” he answered. “Do you have time? Can we at least have some coffee?”

 

          “I have a class.” I said avoiding him.

 

          He caught my arm. “Noona…is that how you will treat me now?”

 

          “How did you find me?” I asked accusingly.

 

          He smirked. “I asked around.”

 

          “Cho Kyuhyun, don’t play with me.” I scolded him.

 

          “Who am I playing with?” Kyuhyun said. “You’re being melodramatic.”

 

          “Yah!” I glared at him.

 

          He gave me his beautiful smile. “Coffee?”

 

          I rolled my eyes in frustration. “Fine!”

 

          “Gu-ma-wo.” he teased.

 

         

          I brought him to my favorite shop and I ducked my head to hide my face.

 

          “Noona.” Kyuhyun said leaning forward. “Do you have FBI on your tail?”

 

          “Mou?” I glared at him.

 

          “Aish~ you look like you were hiding from someone.” Kyuhyun said. “Why do you keep covering your face?”

 

          “Are you blind?” I asked frustrated.

 

          “Last time I check, no.” he shook his head and I stomped his feet under the table. “Ow! What was that for?”

 

          “You’re so impossible.” I glared. “In case you didn’t notice you’re so famous that I don’t want to draw attention to myself.”

 

          “Stop thinking about that kind of thing.” Kyuhyun complained.

 

          “Why are you here?” I asked.

 

          “I told you already—.” Kyuhyun answered.

 

          “Don’t lie to me.” I said coldly.

 

          “Why are you hiding here?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

          “I’m not hiding.” I replied. “I’m starting a new life. Now tell me why you’re here.”

 

          “I saw you back on the airport, noona.” He replied. “I know you didn’t leave.”

 

          I stared at him. “Mou?”

 

          “I didn’t tell anyone because I figure out you need to be away from each other.” he sighed.

 

          “Then why are you bothering me right now?” I asked him.

 

          “Being away from each other didn’t do anything good to the both of you, noona.” Kyuhyun said.

 

          “You have no right to speak for me.” I told him coldly.

 

          “You should’ve seen him noona.” Kyuhyun pleaded. “He wasn’t himself anymore.”

 

          “We have different lives now.” I said sadly.

 

          “Are you happy, noona?” Kyuhyun asked. “Really, happy?”

 

          “I-I…” I stuttered.

 

          He took my hand. “Will you comeback with me?”

 

          I shook my head. “It wasn’t as simple as that anymore.”

 

          “I know.” he sighed. “But you should know that you’re meant for each other.”

 

          I looked away. “How can you even say that?”

 

          “Noona, love is something you can’t lie about.” Kyuhyun said seriously. “I should be going now. I still have a photo shoot to finish.”

 

          I stood up. “Is…is Heechul here?”

 

          “Aniyo…” he shook his head. “He’s in Seoul…enduring the pain.”

 

          I watched him go. My life was invaded again just like that.

 

          Love is something you can’t lie about…

 

          That night I sat on my bed playing Kyuhyun’s voice over and over again. I was annoyed to see him because I was not prepared for this…I was getting along fine in my life this past six months and then he will appear before my eyes, making me remember the main reason why I left. I can still feel annoyance…but in my heart I was also glad to see him, to know that he’s okay. He was one of the proofs of the life I had with Heechul.

 

          He has grown so much…or was it just my imagination? I wonder what the others were doing. I wonder about Heechul.

 

          Of course I’ll wonder more about him than the others.

 

          Love is something you can’t lie about…

 

          Kyuhyun’s voice kept repeating over and over in my mind. Did he see it in my eyes? Did he saw me flinch when I hear him say Heechul’s name? Can he see that even though it’s been six months, I still love Kim Heechul?

 

          I lay down on my bed feeling the coldness seep through me. It’s so sad…to be lying here alone. I laughed bitterly. I have been able to endure the past six months living alone. The nights I have to spend without him by my side are just so sad.

 

          I have nightmares now and then… Sometimes I will wake up in the middle of the night and I know it will be a hard day. The nightmare will usually come when I encounter things that make me remember him…them. I avoid the television as much as possible but there’s really no way to just forget about him.

 

          The six months I spent with him and the six months that I am now spending without him…are just so ironic.

 

          I turned to my side and clutched my chest. It feels empty. Does he feel the same?

 

          Why would Kyuhyun ask for me to comeback? He’s crazy.

 

          Heechul is probably happy now spending his time being an idol and being with So Hee. I will not ruin anything for him. I will not take away his happiness by coming back to his life.

 

          I owe Heechul his happiness.

 

Author's Note:

 

    Aigoo~ It's been a long time since I last left a message. >< Mianhe~ Anyway I want to thank you all for reading my FF~ I've enjoyed doing this because I am so happy about the reactions I am getting from all of you~ kkk~ ^^ I hope you can recommend this to your other friends~ Gumawo for sticking up for Eun Hye and Heechul~ We're down to the last five chapters so I hope you'll enjoy it~ FIGHTING~!! ♥♥

-Lee Rin Hyo (SaskiaGumiho) 

P.S: You can always pm me here. I would love to be friends with you guys. ^^