Forgiveness and Truth

I Slept With Him ♥♥

 

            I left for school right after I said my goodbye to Heechul and the others. There are many lessons for me to catch up to because of my busy schedule besides there are a lot of things that had happened these past few days. This week I will have to start shooting for my next pictorial and there might be some commercial offers for me, which was the news Leeteuk gave me last night.

 

            I arrived at school with not much energy and I am afraid that I will get scolded again by Peaches. I yawned and dragged myself towards the Fine Arts building, we will be doing chibi paintings today and I have decided to draw the Super Junior because it might just be the cover for their upcoming album. I was about to get inside the building when I saw someone walking the other direction.

 

            It was Hyun Joong. I frowned; it’s been a long time since I last talked to him. I don’t even see him around at school. Maybe he’s busy but what made me notice him more is that he looks so sad. I heard from the Law department that one of the students was leaving and that would mean one less competitive student. I wonder who that it. Maybe Hyun Joong is affected by this; he’s always passionate to other students who do well in their chosen careers.

 

            I wanted to call after him but the bell rang already and I couldn’t risk getting late for class. I went inside the Arts Studio and sat in my usual place. I faced my own canvass and started taking out all of my painting things. Our professor gave us the signal to begin and I worked my own magic, thinking Heechul for inspiration.

 

            After two hours of concentration in my own project I managed to finish a complete chibi painting of the Super Junior. I smiled as I admired my own painting. I will show it to the whole group once our professor gave it a mark.

            “Wow, that’s really awesome Eun Hye.” gasped my nearby classmate.

            “Gumawo.” I blushed.

            “That’s the Super Junior right?” the girl asked.

            “Ye.”

            She nodded appreciatively while some of my classmates gather around us to take a look too. “You must be inspired.”

            I laughed. “Ye.”

 

            I admired it once more before calling my professors attention to check it for me. I would have to leave it for today because the paint will have to dry first. I left the building to and headed for the library. I haven’t finished reading the book Heechul gave me last time. I had him signed the cover complete with dedication as soon as our little war was over.

 

            “…Neo gateun saram tto eopseo juwireul dureobwado geujeo georeohdeongeol eodiseo channi. o gatchi joheun saram neo gatchi joheun saram neo gatchi joheun ma eum neo gatchi joheun seonmul…” I sang as I walk around campus.

 

            It was Heechul’s part in their single No Other and I really liked him in the video. I kept singing his parts in all of the songs Super Junior sang out of habit and sometimes he will catch me singing. We ended up arguing because he wants to hear me sing but I wouldn’t because he will notice that all of the lyrics I know were the one he always sings. He will pout and throw a tantrum but I wouldn’t sing for him. I can’t risk letting him know that I love him.

 

            I was still humming their song when someone called me. I turned around to check who it is and I found myself face to face with Ahn So Hee. Our last encounter flashed into my mind that was the one when she slapped me in the face without second thoughts. I looked at her with surprise and she just looks at me with that innocent face of hers.

 

            “Ann…yeong.” I mumbled politely.

            “Annyeong.” she replied bowing a little.

            “Do you need anything?” I asked aimlessly.

            She nodded. “Ye. Do you have time?”

            “I was just about to go to the library but I don’t have class for the next three hours.” I explained.

            “Can we talk?” she asks.

           

            I thought about it for a moment because Heechul made it clear not to talk with So Hee incase she do something bad to me again.

 

            “I won’t take all your time.” she said when she say the hesitation in my face.

            I took a deep breath. “Alright then.”

           “Can we go some place else?” she said looking around a little nervously.

           “There’s a little café outside school.” I offered.

 

          She walked ahead of me without even looking back and I followed her. We went inside the nearest café and she ordered for the both of us once we’re seated on the hidden part of the place. I unconsciously placed the book Heechul gave me in the table and I saw her eyes wander in the cover, immediately recognizing Heechul’s handwriting. It was an awkward and tense moment but So Hee just averted her eyes from the book and I inconspicuously put the book in my bag in order to not offend her feelings.

 

             I cleared my throat. “So uh…what is it you want to talk about?”

             “A few things.” she answered evasively picking on the table cloth.

 

            Our order arrived and So Hee sipped her coffee with grace. I didn’t touch mine. I just waited for her to say something so that I can get back to school besides I honestly don’t know what we have to talk about to after what had happened.

 

            “How’s school?” So Hee asked conversationally.

           “Fine.” I answered the tension building up again.

           She nodded. “Mianheyeo.”

           I tried to focus my attention back to her. “Mou?”

          “I said I am sorry…” she said looking away. “…for the things I have done. For hurting you.”

             “Oh.” is all I have said.

          She looked at me straight in the eyes and I can see a trickle of tear building up. “Mianheyeo, Eun Hye.”

 

              It was weird to be honest, to see her angelic face say those words. To hear my name from her lips and not hear her call me Unnie like she always did but I know things have changed.

 

               “I honestly don’t know what to say.” I replied.

              “I feel bad of what I did.” she said looking away again. “I know I am wrong but that’s too late now.”

              “It’s just sad when I think about it.” I said a little wistfully. “I guess we have our own fair share of mistakes.”

                “He hates me now.” she said and a tear escapes her eye.

              Even though she means what she said I know that she’s asking for my forgiveness more because of what happened to her and Heechul rather what happened between the two of us. “I cannot say anything about that.”

               “Will you forgive me, Eun Hye?” she asked quietly but I heard it in different way.

 

               It feels like she’s asking if Heechul will forgive her. I don’t know.

 

              I stayed silent for a long time, me looking outside the café window and her looking at me waiting for an answer.

 

             I managed to look at her finally and say. “I know you love him but I hope you know that your actions have hurt him. Heechul may have been acting silly sometimes but he’s matured in many ways. I don’t own him and no one does. He’s not a trophy that I will take away from you.”

 

               So Hee is staring at me listening to my every word. I cannot guess what’s running into her mind right now but I feel that I really have to take it out of my system.

 

               “I can’t find myself to be angry at you even after what happened. You’re young and you’re in love. Who knows I may have done the same thing, I don’t really now.” I said picking my words with care. “I must admit I got angry but I knew better than to hide bitter feelings. I forgive you So Hee…because that’s the right thing to do. I forgive you more than for Heechul’s sake than mine.

 

                 “Eun Hye…?” she mumbled staring at me.

                I stood up and excused myself. I took a deep breath once I was outside the café. I walked right back towards the school trying to replay things in my mind. I know I haven’t picked my words with care even though I tried to. I know some of what I said has hurt her. So Hee is though more on the outside than on the inside and it’s true Heechul is the reason why I forgive her because I know Heechul couldn’t forgive her at the moment.

 

               Having no more interest in going back to school I hailed a cab and went home. I know that the boys will be home by now and they will definitely ask why I went home early that’s why I was already thinking for an excuse. The lobby is silent and I went for the elevator. I pushed the up button and waited.

 

               “Excuse me ma’am.” the janitor said. “The elevator doesn’t work right now.”

               “Jeongmal?” I asked confused.

               “Ye.” the janitor nodded. “I’m afraid you would have to use the staircase.”

              “Aish~ what a bad luck.” I sighed and thanked the janitor for informing me.

 

             I started climbing the stairs lazily. I am already on the tenth floor when I suddenly stopped. There was a boy blocking my path. He was sitting on the top most steps on the stairs leading to the eleventh floor. His head was hidden on his arms like he was crying.

              “Wookie…is that you?” I asked tentatively when I recognized the hair.

              He slowly looked up at me and I can see his face. “Noona…?”

              “What are you doing here Wookie?” I asked frowning.

             He was just staring at me with his eyes a little red. “Nothing noona…I just want to be alone.”

              I immediately feel worried. “Wae? Did something happen?”

              “Many things have happened…” Ryeowook smiled bitterly.

              “What is it?” I asked sitting beside him.

 

             Ryeowook shook his head and I struggle to understand why he’s acting like this. I’m used to Ryeowook being bubbly and charming.

 

               I pushed the hair off his face. “Have you been crying Wookie?”

               “Aniyo noona.” he said trying to hide his face.

              I put a hand on his shoulder. “You can tell me what’s bothering you.”

              “I had a fight with Heechul hyung.” he admitted with a little laugh.

              I frowned, surprised. “Mou?”

              “I had a fight with him today.” he said again.

           “Wae?” I asked unable to believe it, Heechul likes Ryeowook. “What did you fight about?”

              “You.”

              “Mou?”

              “I told him I love you and I asked him to let you go.” Ryeowook said looking at me.

 

              Oh.

              Oh.

 

              I should’ve known it was me and I felt instantly guilty because they fought because of me.

 

            “It’s not your fault.” he said when he saw my reaction. “It was mine and no one else.”

            “Wookie…why?” I asked lamely.

            “I know it’s stupid.” Ryeowook said shaking his head. “I cannot compete with Heechul hyung.”

            “I don’t you two fighting because of me.” I pleaded.

            Ryeowook stood up. “It was my fault. I am the one who started it and Heechul hyung just got provoked to answer back.”

            I stood up and faced him. “Wookie…please don’t do that again. You’re friends and Heechul really cares about you.”

            “And I love you…” Ryeowook said.

            “Wookie…” I sighed.

            “You love him, don’t you?” he asked finally.

            “Ye.” I replied my head bowed.

            Ryeowook placed a hand on my shoulder and then pulled me into a hug. “You’re so mean noona. Why do you have to fall in love with him?”

           

             I know that he really doesn’t mean those words and I just stayed still in my place. I can feel that he’s having a hard time.

 

            “Promise not to get hurt, okay?” Ryeowook said and he kissed the top of my head. “I love you noona.”

             I stand there rooted to the spot, little tears falling down my face. I just stood there even though Ryeowook was long gone. I feel sad, guilty and hurt. Why does it always have to be so complicated?

 

              I know deep inside that I can never entertain Ryeowook’s feelings for me and I know that he understands better now. With those few seconds that he hugged me, I know he accepts that it was Heechul that I love.

 

             Still that doesn’t make me feel any better.

 

A/N:

 

 here it is... another chappie for you guys~~!! Mianhe if i h