One More Chance

I Slept With Him ♥♥

Hyun Joong’s POV:

 

          Ever since that incident at the Super Junior building I never had the chance to talk with Eun Hye anymore. My outburst that day surprised me too but there’s just something that made me do it. Seeing Eun Hye in television with those issues swirling around her made my natural instinct of protection for her kick in. I guess I did cross the line that day when I decided to go to the SmE building and take her away from that place. Well she didn’t come with me anyway because of that Kim Heechul. My blood boiled every time I remember his pretty arrogant face. Who is he to take Eun Hye for granted? He’s just a boy with a pretty face, that’s all.

 

            I tried to get in touch with Eun Hye but she won’t answer my calls, even my messages. I don’t know if they forbid her to stay in touch with me or she just simply doesn’t want to. I miss her I must admit that because it’s true. Ever since that day that I broke up with her it’s like losing sunshine, she won’t greet me anymore and jealousy strikes even more when I think about that she’s in that place with Heechul.

 

            The issues about her died eventually and she’s still living with that boy group. I tried every time to catch her at school but she’s always busy or surrounded by people, it made me miss her more. I miss her calling me oppa in her most affectionate way and I miss the way she cooks for me showing that she cares. She’s so close but I can’t even talk to her.

 

            So today I decided to make a move and talk to her no matter what happened. I’m wearing my best clothes and I even bought some flowers. I tried to picture what I am going to say to her but I decided that I’ll just tell her how I really feel.

 

            “Hyun Joong why are you here so early?” Lily said coming over me. She’s wearing a short dress and high heels. It’s been kind of weird that she started wearing these kinds of clothes because I’m used to her formal ones.

            “I need to talk to someone.” I said.

            Her smile broadened. “Are those for me?”

            She’s looking at the bouquet of flowers in my hand. “Uh no. They’re actually for Eun Hye.”

            “What?” she asked her smile disappearing off her face.

            “I’m going to try and talk to her later.” I replied.

            “Wae?” she asked scowling and I frowned.

            “What do you mean why?” I asked. “I can talk to her if I want.”

            “I thought you’re mad at each other?” she asked in disbelief.

            “We’re not.” I answered exasperatedly. “We just had a misunderstanding.”

            “Misunderstanding?” she said rolling her eyes. “She chooses Heechul over you, remember?”

            I scowled when I heard that name. “It’s not about him. I wanted to make it up to her.”

            “What for?” Lily said frustrated. “You and she are over.”

            “Why are reacting like this?” I asked a little bewildered by her expression. “It’s like you don’t want me to be okay with her.”

            “Of course I don’t.” she said a little loudly and I frowned. “I mean, she made it clear that she doesn’t want you anymore. I just don’t want you to get hurt, okay?”

            “I’m the one who have hurt her.” I answered with shame.

            “You must not do this!” she exclaimed. “There are lots of girls out there for you.”

            “I’ll be fine.” I smiled and I turned for the door. “Thanks for the concern anyway. You’ve always been a good friend.”

 

            I left her there scowling at me but I ignore it. I went in the benches out side of Fine Arts building to wait for her there.

 

          Soon I saw her and she’s a lot more beautiful than I can remember for the past few days. I half jogged half run towards her.

 

            “Anneyeong.” I said a little breathlessly.

            She looked up at me like she couldn’t place who am I and I tentative smile crept up to her face. “Anneyeong.”

            “Can I talk to you for a moment?” I asked.

            “I don’t know I’m a little busy at the moment.” she said tentatively. “I need to go with the Super Junior for their interview.”

            I tried not to scowl at this. “This won’t take long I promise.”

            She gave me a doubtful look. “Okay.”

 

            “Gumawo.” I said breathing a sigh of relief.

 

            I led her on her favorite bench under a tree and handed her the flowers.

 

            “For you.” I smiled.

            “You shouldn’t have bother.” she said taking it gingerly.

            “Mianhe.” I blurted out. “I’m sorry if I’ve been a total jerk for the past few days. Months even.”

           

            When she didn’t reply, I continued because I know this is my only chance to tell her how sorry I am.

 

            “I know I shouldn’t have led my anger go through my head and sought a fight with your…uh friends.” I said looking at her. “Mianhe.”

            “You punched Heechul in the face.” she said stiffly.

            “Yes I did.” I said trying not to get angry because he’s defending her. “I was jealous.”

            “What for?” she frowned.

           “I’m jealous because you’re with him and not with me.” I said and I saw open to argue. “I know. I know it’s my fault. I broke up with you and I don’t have the right to say those things but I am jealous.”

           “When I first saw you on the television and they were saying a lot of awful things to you that I know you’re not my protective instinct for kick in. I wanted to protect you and the only thing I can think of is ask you to come with me and take you back home. I know I presume much but I…I wanted to be with you.”

          “Everything is okay now.” she said silently.

         “I know but I still wanted to say sorry.” I said pleadingly.

          She looked at me for a long moment and I held her gaze to show her how sincere I am. “You’re forgiven.”

         “Gumawo.” I smiled but then turned serious again. “Eun Hye if you’ll let me I wanted to…to try and prove myself again.”

          She shook her head. “Hyun Joong I said I forgive you but that doesn’t mean we’re going back together.”

          I took her hand and beg her to understand. “I made a grave mistake in letting you go. I realize that now and in a hard way because it’s killing me to see you with him. I’m not asking you to take me back that easily but I wanted to show you how much I love you. Yes I love you. I still do.”

          “I can’t. I’m sorry.” she said sadly. “You’re I kind person, I can see that even after everything that has happened. If ever all I can offer is friendship, nothing more.”

 

          I hear her words on a different angle and I can hear truth as well as sadness like she really regret that we ended up this way. I laughed at myself bitterly and for the first time as a man I really feel like crying.

 

          “Please don’t cry.” Eun Hye pleaded squeezing my hand.

          “I can’t help it.” I smiled sadly, realization hitting me hard in the face. “I can’t believe I let you go. Really, it’s plain stupid of me but I guess I cannot do anything else but accept the fact that our paths aren’t intertwined anymore. My only consolation is that you’re happy.”

          “I’m not mad at you.” she said slowly. “I’m not saying this because I wanted to get back at you.”

          “I know you’ll never do that to me. You’re the kindest person I know.” I replied.

          “It’s just that some things are never meant to work that way as before.” she explained.

          “He makes you happy?” I asked quietly.

          “Yes.”

          “Arasso.” I nodded. “At least take the flowers.”

 

          We parted ways and I sat there at the bench alone. I pondered in my head over and over again everything we’ve talked about but I went in the same conclusion that she’s right. Even if we made it back together it wouldn’t work as before. I just hope I asked her earlier or much better that I didn’t let myself be afraid when she mentioned innocently the word ‘marriage’. My heart felt heavy and sad. Now I know that I really love her and I’ve been blinded for too long and now it’s too late.

 

         And for the first time…

 

        I wept.

 

 

A/N:

 

 MIANHE~~!! >:) I know I haven't updated for ages.. soOoOry.. anyway here it is~ new update for you guys...

 this one is pretty dramatic for me..I know I KNOW Hyun Joong's character is a little bad here but reading this chapter (typing in my case lol) will make you see guys how the poor guy has his own suffering too. He did love Eun Hye but things went wrong, eh??

 

 if you have questions and comments, both on the story and personal for me..  Feel free to ask~!! :) hope we can have more than Writer-Reader relationship..we can be friends too!!

 

Thank you for sticking up with me this long..aAaAnd My Groom Who Left Me in the Altar  [ my fourth fan fiction ] will be published soon~~ so watch out..

 

SARANGHAE~~!! ♥♥♥

 

Comment and Subscribe: Gumawo. :))