MAn to Man

I Slept With Him ♥♥

Hyun Joong’s POV:

 

 

          I was in one of the largest mall here in Seoul, standing outside a big store. There weren’t many people inside because the mall just opened ten minutes ago. I looked at the store with a little pain in my heart remembering the girl who had dragged me here, out of innocence, to look at the jewelries inside.

 

            One of the sales ladies greeted me when I went inside. The lighting of the store blinded me for a while because it blends with all the glittering figures inside the transparent glass that holds the jewelries. I went straight at the glass cases where the rings where sitting, waiting for their buyer.

 

            “Annyeonghaseyo.” smiled the sales lady. “Is there anything you like sir?”

 

            I found the ring that Eun Hye had pointed out to me when we last went here or shall I say when we last went out, when we were still together. It was this silver ring embedded with beautiful diamonds and shaped like a princess’s crown. I pointed at it and the sales lady carefully removed it from its resting place and handed it out to me.

 

            “Oppa, when we get married someday I hope I can wear a ring as beautiful as that one.”

 

            I remember Eun Hye’s voice telling me exactly like that and I remember how fear gripped me because I am afraid to get into the relationship that seriously. I love her but at that time all I have in my mind is the career I wanted ahead of me. But it was out of innocence that she said those things and I have been plain to end our relationship because of that.

 

            I touched the ring absentmindedly, imagining what could’ve been Eun Hye’s reaction if I told her that day that someday we will get married and I will buy the ring for her. It’s a pity that no matter how hard I try to imagine, the image of Eun Hye crying because of me, because I broke up with her, keeps flashing in my mind.

 

            I balled my hand into fists and then the sales lady’s voice brought me back to reality. “You look familiar sir.”

            “Mou?” I asked momentarily distracted.

            The sales lady looks thoughtfully. “Neh. I remember you coming here at our store with your beautiful girlfriend.”

            I smiled a little tentatively at her. “Arasso.”

            “I remembered because she used to be in fashion magazines now.” the sales lady smiled.

            “Neh.” I replied. “She’s beautiful.”

            “Are you going to buy this for her, sir?” she asks expectantly.

           

            I looked at the ring once more and how I wish I could really do that and give to it Eun Hye. But there are things I couldn’t undo.

 

            I smiled sadly and shook my head. “You should put it back.”

            “Waeyo?” she asked confused.

            “I already missed the chance of giving it to her.” I said sadly and walked away.

 

           

            I sat inside my car for a long time. I took out Eun Hye’s picture that’s always been in my wallet ever since she said her yes to me. I looked at the plane ticket I bought two weeks ago. I was bound to leave for America today to continue studying Law and to try to start a new life. That life would be without Eun Hye and that’s my fault. It was wishful thinking but I bought two tickets, which I can use to my leisure. I was thinking of asking Eun Hye to come with me but that would happen only in my wildest dream.

 

            I decided it’s time to talk to the person whom I will be leaving Eun Hye with. So I drive to the SM Entertainment building where I can find that person. I went inside the lobby and a good opportunity came when I saw a tall boy walking towards the elevator.

 

            I racked my brain to remember his name. “Leeteuk-ssi!”

           

            Leeteuk looked around and was surprised to see me. He stopped and waits for me to catch up with him.

 

            “Hyun Joong, right?” he asked when I stopped in front of him.

            “Neh.” I nodded.

            “If you’re looking for Eun Hye, she’s not here.” Leeteuk informed me. “She’s at school.”

            I shook my head. “It’s not her I want to see.”

            “Well who do you want to see then?” he frowned.

            “I want to talk to Heechul.” I said.

            Leeteuk’s face got cold then. “I don’t want you to do him any more trouble.”

            I sighed. “I’m not here to fight with him.”

            “Why are you here?” he asked still cold.

            “I’m leaving today and I have some things to…to settle with him.” I sighed.

 

            He looked at me for a long time like as if he was weighing the pros and cons of what I am asking. Finally he nodded and motioned for me to follow him. He led me to their dorm and when we got inside I was greeted by nine set of eyes.

 

            “What is he doing here?” Kyuhyun asked. The boy I saw the last time I went here.

            Leeteuk ignored him and talk directly at Heechul. “Heechul, he said he wants to talk to you.”

           

         Heechul stood up and looked at me. I met his gaze while his friends shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

 

             “We can talk in the kitchen.” Heechul said after a while and I nodded.

             “Why did you let him get here, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked Leeteuk as I passed.

             “Be quiet maknae.” Leeteuk said.

 

             Heechul offered me to sit down but I stood my ground and I told him I am not staying long. We stood there in silence and he broke it first.

 

              “Eun Hye is not here.” Heechul said.

              “It’s you I want to talk to.” I said and he frowned.

              “Wae?” he asked.

              “I am leaving today.” I explained. “I am going to America.”

             Heechul folded his arms and leaned on the kitchen counter. “What’s that got to do with me?”

            “I know I don’t have a claim with her anymore…” I mumbled. “…but I am leaving Eun Hye to you.”

 

             He stood there weighing the things I have said but he didn’t comment. It was ironic that I am leaving something to someone whom I don’t have a claim anymore.

 

             “I know we don’t know each other and the last time wasn’t nowhere near a good first meeting.” I said looking him in the face as man should do. “I don’t have the right to ask a favor but I’ll still ask anyway.”

               “What is it?” he asked without emotion.

               “Take care of her.” I said without anymore pretense.

               He frowned. “Do you realize that I will do that even if you didn’t ask for it?”

               “I have my doubts.” I admitted and he smirked.

             “I will take care of her.” Heechul promised. “Not because you asked me to but because that’s what my heart is telling me to do.”

                I nodded. “You should do that or else…”

                “Or else what?” he challenged.

                 “I regret the things I have done to her.” I started to say. “I regret the mistake I did when I let her go. She’s with you now and I know I have to accept that fact but if you hurt her again, intentionally or not, I will come back and I will take her away from you…for good.”

              “I’m not going to give her up as easily as you did.” he said coldly.

 

              Well that hit a nerve but I let it go.

 

              “That’s all I got to say.” I said. “I didn’t come here to fight.”

              “Aren’t you going to say goodbye to her?” Heechul asked with a hint of curiosity.

              I laughed bitterly. “I don’t have the courage to say goodbye to her.”

              “She has the right to know.” Heechul said.

              “I might be tempted to ask her to come with me.” I smirked at him.

              “As if she’ll come.” Heechul scowled and I laughed.

                “I’ll be leaving now.” I said and started to walk away.

               “When will you exactly leave?” Heechul asked when I was almost at the door.

 

              I looked back, feeling all the eyes of his friends on me. “Wae? Are you that excited to see me leave?”

               “Just answer the question.” Heechul said.

               “Today at 3pm.” I shrugged.

               “Arasso.” he said.

 

                I looked at Leeteuk and said. “Kamsahamnida.”

 

            He nodded at me and I remembered something. I looked back at Heechul who was watching me closely.

 

              “Before I forgot.” I smiled faintly. “Do you know that Eun Hye likes crown shaped rings?”

 

                 Heechul’s eyes glinted with understanding and I made my way outside.