Goodbye

I Slept With Him ♥♥

            I was at school that day feeling so happy with how my three day vacation with Heechul ended. I had never had so much in my whole life and somehow that made me in such a good mood ever since we got home. My work was even inspired by the vacation and I actually made a full painting of our vacation, set on abstract mode, in just a span of three hours.

 

            “Noona.” someone called me.

            I looked back to find Ryeowook waiting for me in the parking lot. “Wookie, what are you doing here?”

            “Heechul hyung asked me to fetch you after school.” he smiled.

            “Wae?” I asked puzzled.

            “He was busy today and he was with the others.” Ryeowook explained.

            “Is there something wrong?” I asked worriedly.

            “Aniyo, noona.” Ryeowook laughed. “Why would you think something like that?”

            I smiled but wasn’t assured. “Arasso.”

            “Kaja?” he smiled opening the car door for me.

 

            I didn’t know Ryeowook could drive and I was teasing him that he was such a big boy now being allowed to go out and drive by himself.

 

            “Aish~ noona why are you teasing me so suddenly?” he complained.

            “I’m just in a good mood.” I shrugged.

            “How’s the vacation?” he asked randomly but I felt uneasy.

            “It was fun.” I smiled.

 

            My relationship with Heechul is a little touchy subject because Ryeowook used to like me and I don’t know if those things were now buried and forgotten.

 

            “That’s cool.” he replied casually.

            “Neh.” I nodded.

            “Did you have something for me?” Ryeowook asked.

            “Mou?” I frowned.

            “Aish~ you and Heechul hyung didn’t even bring something home for us.” Ryeowook pouted.

            That breaks the tension. “Mianheyeo. We were sidetracked by the beauty of Tokyo.”

            “Next time you should bring something home.” he said/

            “Arasso.” I nodded.

            “We’re here.” he announced and I got out of the car.

 

            We arrived at the dorm room and they were just lounging in the living room watching an action movie.

 

            “Annyeonghaseyo yeorobun.” I greeted them and they greeted me back.

 

            I frowned because they were acting a little weird. Usually they were ecstatic to see me and Kyuhyun will usually ask me to cook something. My eyes searched for Heechul and he was seated next to Leeteuk.

 

            “I thought you were all busy?” I asked Heechul.

            “Neh.” he nodded.

            “Then why are you all here?” I asked again.

            “Uh…we finished early.” Leeteuk supplied.

            I wasn’t convinced. “Why are you guys acting so funny?”

            “We’re not.” Yesung said.

            “What are you guys up to?” I asked suspiciously.

            “Nothing.” Kyuhyun answered too quickly.

 

            I looked at them one by one and tried to see if one of them will crack up but they were all poker faced.

 

            “Arasso.” I shrugged. “Do you want me to cook something?”

            “You should rest.” Siwon said.

            I smiled. “I am not that tired.”

 

            I went to the kitchen to prepare something but stopped when Heechul called my name.

 

            “Eun Hye.” he said.

            “Neh?” I asked expectantly.

            “Did you talk with anyone today?” he asked.

            I frowned at his question. “With my friends and classmates, yes. Wae?”

            “Nothing.” Heechul replied.

 

            I shrugged and started to walk away but Heechul grabbed me by the arm this time.

 

            “Why are you acting so weird?” I demanded.

            Heechul sighed. “Hyun Joong went here.”

            “Mou?” I asked, surprised.

            “He went here today when you were at school.” Heechul said like as if he doesn’t want to tell me.

            “Wae?” I asked thinking of why he could’ve went here.

            “He’s leaving today.” Heechul said. “He’s going to America.”

            “Mou?” I gasped. “Wae?”

            “He’s leaving at three pm today.” he replied.

 

            I looked at his serious face and he looked like as if it was difficult for him to say these things. I couldn’t grasp why Hyun Joong is leaving suddenly and I tried to search for the reason. I wanted to go and ask him myself but I know I couldn’t because I don’t want Heechul to think badly.

 

            “You should go.” Heechul said and that surprised me. “If you want to send him away, you could.”

            “Are you sure?” I asked.

 

            He closed his eyes and nodded.

 

            “Gumawo.” I said gratefully and I dropped my bag on the floor.

 

            I was on my way to the door when Ryeowook stopped me. “Do you really have to send him away?”

            “Wookie, don’t stop her.” Heechul said.

            “But Hyung.” Ryeowook protested.

            “Give her the car keys.” he ordered Ryeowook and he obeyed.

            “Go.” Heechul said to me.

 

            I ran for the door and to the parking lot where the car is waiting for me. I drive impatiently as I checked my watch for the time. It was already thirty minutes before three.  I ran inside the airport and went straight to where the panel of flights can be seen.

 

            I saw him sitting in one of the waiting areas and I approached him. He looked up at me completely surprised.

 

            He stood up. “Eun Hye…?”

            “Wae?” I asked unable to prevent the tears. “Why are you leaving without even telling me?”

            “I just don’t know how I will say goodbye.” he mumbled.

            “Did you think that I wouldn’t care?” I asked, hurt.

 

            I know Hyun Joong and I have fallen in the wrong place before. We didn’t end up in a good way but still I cannot deny that I loved him before with all my heart.

 

            “I just thought that I don’t have the right to bother you anymore.” he said shame facedly.

            “Why are you leaving?” I demanded.

            “I will continue my studies there.” he explained.

 

            I remember the news in the Law Department that one of their top students will leave. I should’ve known that it was Hyun Joong.

 

            “You can do that here.” I said.

            “Please don’t cry.” he pleaded as he wipes the tears of my face.

            I grabbed his shirt. “You’re so mean, leaving without even telling me.”

            “Mianheyeo.” he mumbled. “But I made my decision.”

            “Are you going to come back?” I asked.

            He smiled wistfully. “Maybe I will, when I finally forgive myself for all the things I have done to you.”

            “You’re being so hard to yourself.” I mumbled.

            “It’s the truth and there’s no point in denying it.” he smiled sadly.

            “Hyun Joong…” I sighed.

            “Here take this.” he said and gave me a calling card. “Call me when something happens and I will be by your side no matter what.”

            “Arasso.” I nodded.

            “Who told you I was here?” Hyun Joong asked.

            “Heechul.” I answered.

            He smiled. “I should have given him a lot more credit.”

           

            The P.A system rang and signaled the flight of Hyun Joong. I gave him a parting hug and I tried to put in that hug all the things I couldn’t say to him.

 

            “Take care of yourself.” he smiled at me.

            “Neh.” I nodded. “You too.”

 

            I watched him walk away and how it pains me to see him go. We could’ve been close friends after what happened but it wasn’t just the right time. It was just until now that I see how it hurts him to let me go. I loved him before but now I could only extend that love as a friend because now, it’s Heechul in my heart and no one else.