I Give Up

I Slept With Him ♥♥

Heechul’s POV:

 

         

          I watched with difficulty as Eun Hye takes the car keys from Ryeowook and ran for the door. I wanted to stop her from going but I know that this is something she has to do by herself. Telling her that Hyun Joong is going away is a risk for me because even though I keep telling myself that it’s alright I couldn’t remove the words of Hyun Joong in my head.

 

            I might be tempted to ask her to come with me.

 

            What if Eun Hye comes with him? That’s what bothered me but I have to trust her. I realize that no matter what happened I couldn’t deny that Hyun Joong has been a big part of Eun Hye’s life.

 

            “Hyung, are you crazy?” Kyuhyun asked.

            “Why did you let her go?” Ryeowook asked.

            “Leave Heechul alone.” Leeteuk ordered.

            I looked at Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. “You don’t understand. I cannot stop her to do something that we all know she has the right to do.”

            “What if she comes with him?” Yesung challenged me.

           

            Yeah, what if? My brain mocked me.

 

            I closed my eyes and sighed. “I trust her.”

 

            I left them in the living room and went inside the room. I sat on the bed, waiting for Eun Hye to call. I remember when we were in Japan, the way Eun Hye cried as she tells me how she couldn’t imagine when we finally part ways. I didn’t give her a straight answer because I was afraid, afraid that I couldn’t justify my answer. I don’t want to promise her things that I don’t know if I could do. But today seeing her walk out the door, to see the man whom she once wanted to marry, it gave me a whole lot of perspective and things to consider.

 

            I am sure I couldn’t stand it if Eun Hye leaves right now. She doesn’t know how much it hurts to see her go now. How much fear she’s giving me because I don’t know if Hyun Joong will convince her to come with him. All I can do right now is to wait and pray that she will choose me.

            After what feels like an hour, my phone rang and I grabbed it. I checked the message and I saw that it was from Eun Hye, she’s asking me if I could fetch her in the airport. I messaged her with a quick yes and grabbed my jacket on my way to the door.

 

            “Where are you going, hyung?” Donghae asked.

            “I’m going to the airport.” I replied as I tie my shoes.

            “Do you need a ride?” Eunhyuk asked.

            I considered it for a moment. “Aniyo, I’ll be alright. I’ll take a cab.”

           

             I sprinted towards the elevator and out of the building. I hailed the first taxi I saw on the road and asked the driver to take me at the airport. I paid him without taking the change and went inside. I saw Eun Hye sitting in a corner.

 

                  I sighed with relief when I saw her. She’s still here.

 

                  “Eun Hye.” I called her attention once I got closer.

                  “Oppa.” she smiled.

                  I can see that her eyes were wet from crying. “Are you okay?”

                  She nodded. “Neh.”

                  “Are you sure?” I asked warily.

                  “Neh.” she nodded. “He just left.”

                  “Shall we go?” I asked her.

 

                  Eun Hye stood up and I led her outside.

 

                 “Do you want to go home now?” I asked.

                 “Aniyo.” she shook her head. “Can we go to the park?”

                 It was a strange request but I nodded. This is a great opportunity for me. “Kaja.”

 

              Eun Hye settled herself in the swing once we get in the park. There are no people beside us; I guess the people like the mall better. I pushed the swing for her as the day give way to the night.

 

                   “You scared me.” I mumbled after a long moment of silence.

                  “Wae?” she asked.

                  “I thought you were coming with him.” I admitted.

              She set her feet on the ground to stop the swing and turned to look at me. “You doubted me?”

                 “I did for a while.” I answered. “But I trust you.”

                 “I am not going anywhere.” Eun Hye replied.

                  “I’m glad.” I smiled at her.

               I saw her tilt her head to the side. “I am not going anywhere unless you want me to go.”

 

                I heard the sincerity on her voice and our night in Japan flashed again in my mind. I realized that I don’t want to see her crying anymore and even if she will cry I want to be there to wipe the tears and make her smile. I realized that I can’t lose her the way Hyun Joong did. In my heart I know that I cannot hide it anymore.

 

                 So I said the things I have been keeping. “I give up.”

                 “Mou?” she asked her face turning pale.

                 “I’m giving up.” I said clearly. “I cannot do this anymore.”

                 I saw a tear escaped her eye. “Wae?”

 

                 “Saranghae.” I said and I can feel my heart pounding. “Saranghae, Eun Hye.”

 

             I saw her eyes went wide like as if this wasn’t the words she expected me to say. She blinked twice and tried to speak but nothing came out. Well, let’s just say I didn’t give her the chance to say anything because at that moment I claimed .

 

              I kissed her right then and there, not caring if anyone will see us. I don’t care about them. I won’t let this day pass me by and I am not afraid anymore. I was her I want and it was her I love. I kissed her like I have never kissed her before and she kissed me back.

 

                I let go of her and looked at her eyes. “Yeongwonhi saranghae.”

                She looked at me like as if she couldn’t believe it. “I love you too.”

 

                I laughed and I hugged her tight. There I have said it and she said she loves me too. I could be the happiest man in the world right now.

 

             “But you said that we can’t fall in love with each other.” she mumbled as I gave her another kiss.

              “I said that because I am afraid.” I admitted. “I’m afraid that I might just hurt you. That’s why I said you can’t fall in love with me.”

                “What about the treaty?” she asked.

          “I don’t care about the treaty anymore.” I said shaking my head. “You’re more important.”

               She laughed. “The ‘doll face’ fell in love with ‘nobody’.”

               “Neh.” I laughed pinching her cheeks. “You tamed the mighty lion.”

               “It was easy.” she smiled. “I am lovable.”

                “Neh.” I agreed.

 

                I looked at her seriously and asked the thing that has been bothering me all along.

 

                “Will you come with him if I didn’t tell you how I feel?” I asked.

               She smiled wistfully. “Aniyo. How can I do that when I love you so much?”

            “I have many fears.” I told her truthfully. “I was afraid that you wouldn’t love me after all the things that happened between us.”

              “I have already forgiven you.” she smiled.

              “Did you love Ryeowook?” I asked almost childishly.

              “He was a brother to me.” she answered unwavering.

              I nodded. “Arasso.”

 

             “Aish~ I never now I could be this happy.” I laughed.

             “You’re lucky.” she said. “Because you have me.”

             I smirked. “I think you’re luckier. I’m such a handsome boy.”

            “Arasso.” she laughed.

            “Yah~ you don’t believe me?” I demanded.

            “Aniyo.” she relied. “I believe you, oppa.”

 

            We stayed in the park and talked about the things she wanted to do. I didn’t give her the chance to ask me because I wanted to just listen to her and know the things I didn’t get the chance to know when I met her. It was a lot easier to be with her now that we know where our relationship and feelings stand.

 

            I got a lot of calls from Leeteuk and the others and I bet they were worried now. I sent a message telling them that we were alright.

 

            “Aren’t we going home?” she asked.

            “Let’s stay here for a while.” I said, hugging her from behind.

            “Arasso.”