Pain My Heart Remembers

I Slept With Him ♥♥

 

 

Heechul’s POV:

 

          I watched her go with tears streaming down her face while I just stood there unable to do something. I could’ve run after her but what would I say? Should I say sorry over and over when I know it would just hurt her even more? My apologies will be useless when I can’t even remember her.

 

            Pain hit me and it doesn’t have anything to do with the punches she just threw at me, no. It was the hurt on her voice, the heaviness of the words she said to me. She’s really in pain and my stupid brain can’t function enough to figure out what she means to my life.

 

            Why does she bother shedding tears on someone like me? Someone who can’t remember her…

 

            I clutched my chest, the place where my heart should be. It hurts.

 

            Wae? What am I feeling?

 

            “Hyung… are you alright?” a voice asked.

 

            I looked around with my hand still pressed on my chest. It was Kyuhyun.

 

            “Neh.” I lied easily.

 

            Kyuhyun frowned at me and I let my hand drop to my side. “What happened? I saw noona… uh… never mind.”

 

            “It’s my fault…” I looked away.

 

            He ignored what I just said and grabbed my arm instead. “Let’s go hyung…you should rest.”

 

            I followed him without a word even though I don’t want to go back in my hospital room.

 

            I found all my friends waiting for me when we arrived. Leeteuk looks like he was about to explode.

 

            “Where have you been?” he demanded.

 

            “I found hyung on the rooftop.” Kyuhyun replied while Shindong helped me get back on my bed.

 

            I saw So Hee in the corner of my eye and she’s sulking in the corner. I got a feeling that she’s been scolded for letting me roam around the hospital, but somehow I can’t give her much attention. I saw Sungmin’s face and he looks like he’s in a bad mood too.

 

            “You shouldn’t be stressing yourself.” Leeteuk turned to me.

 

            I ignored that comment. “When will I go home?”

 

            “After your last medical test tomorrow afternoon, wae?” Leeteuk replied.

 

            “Nothing.” I shrugged. “I don’t like to be here anymore.”

 

            Siwon patted me on the shoulder. “You’ll go home soon, hyung.”

 

            “Neh.” I nodded.

 

            “You should go home.” Yesung said to So Hee.

 

            “But oppa might need me…” she protested.

 

            I glanced at her. “I’ll be fine. Go.”

 

            She stared at me like she must have misheard but I looked away, in my mind all I see is Eun Hye’s crying face.

 

            “I’ll get you home.” I heard Ryeowook offer.

 

            “Aniyo…I’ll be fine.” she replied. “Oppa I’ll go now.”

 

            I nodded not looking at her.

 

            The whole room fell silent once So Hee left. Shindong and Eunhyuk tried to make a conversation but the atmosphere in the room feel so strained.

 

            “Hyung, what’s wrong?” Ryeowook asked me.

 

            I shook my head.

 

            “You don’t look okay.” Donghae commented.

 

            I need you to remember me!

 

            Oppa, saranghae…

 

            Saranghae Eun Hye…

 

            Pain shot through my brain and I clutched my head. “Argh!”

 

            They were all by my side instantly.

 

            I swear I heard Eun Hye’s voice in my head and I heard my voice too. It was gone instantly like I just imagined it. But I heard her voice, her laugh…it feels warm.

 

            I felt Leeteuk’s arm touch me. “Heechul, what’s wrong?”

 

            “I’ll get the nurse.” Sungmin said.

 

            “Stop!” I shouted and I opened my eyes. “I-I’m fine…”

 

            “Heechul your head hurts and you look so pale…” Leeteuk protested.

 

            I shook my head and I patted my chest. “It hurts more here.”

 

            I saw them exchange concerned looks.

 

            “Are you having chest pains, hyung?” Donghae asked.

 

            “You should have the test now.” Eunhyuk added.

 

            I grabbed Donghae’s hand and placed it on my chest. “Aniyo…”

 

            “What is it hyung?” Donghae asked again.

 

            I shook my head over and over. “It hurts here…”

 

            “Where?” he asked.

 

            “In my heart.” I said and I let go of his hand. “It hurts like someone is gripping it tightly.”

 

            “I think we should really call the doctor now.” Siwon said worriedly.

 

            “I don’t think it can be cured by the doctor, hyung.” Kyuhyun commented.

 

            Yesung slapped him in the arm. “Wae?”

 

            Kyuhyun shrugged.

 

            I looked at all of them and they all wore a look of concern. I must have looked like a crazy man in front of them.

 

            I grabbed Leeteuk’s arm. “Who’s Eun Hye? Who is she in my life?”

 

            Leeteuk gave me a painful look.

 

            “Answer me!!” I shouted in frustration.

 

            “We told you, hyung.” Ryeowook answered. “She’s your fiancée.”

 

            I turned to him. “How? When?”

 

            “It was a long and complicated story hyung and you’re the only one who knows all of the details.” Ryeowook said. “But believe our word hyung, that’s who she is in your life.”

 

            “Why can’t I remember her?” I half cried.

 

            “Don’t force yourself too much.” Shindong warned me.

 

            I hit my head. “I want to remember!!”

 

            “Yah yah!” Leeteuk said and grabbed my hands. “Stop it, Heechul.”

 

            “Yah hyung, are you crazy?” Eunhyuk asked. “Don’t hit yourself.”

           

            I glared at him. “You don’t understand! None of you does.”

            I saw Yesung slipped outside but I didn’t pay much attention to him. I was busy prying Leeteuk’s hands away from me.

 

            “Hyung, calm down.” Kyuhyun said and handed me a glass of water.

 

            I pushed his hand away causing the glass to hit the floor and break.

 

            “Heechul!” Leeteuk shouted.

 

            “You didn’t see her cry.” I said to Kyuhyun, grabbing his shirt. “You didn’t hear the hurt in her voice.”

 

            Kyuhyun made a choking sound but didn’t fight. It was Siwon who made me let go of Kyuhyun.

 

            “Hyung, stop it!” Siwon said.

 

            “I saw it hyung.” Kyuhyun mumbled looking at me. “I saw her tears and all of us saw it.”

 

            I stared at him.

 

            All of them?

 

            I looked at all of them. “Do you see why I need to remember? HUH?!”

 

            They just stared at me and it makes me feel so stupid. I wanted them to see and understand why.

 

            “I need to know why I’m hurting her like this!” I shouted. “Why do I always make her cry?”

 

            The door opened and Yesung returned.

 

            “I called the doctor hyung.” Yesung said turning to Leeteuk.

 

            “Go away!” I glared at the man in white. “I don’t need a doctor.”

           

            And then I turned to Yesung. “Why did you call him?”

 

            “Sorry, hyung but you need to calm down.” Yesung said bowing his head sadly.

            “Hold him.” the doctor ordered and I felt Siwon and Leeteuk’s hands pin me down.

 

            “Yah!” I shouted and trashed. “Go away!!”

 

            I felt the syringe bite on my skin and I look at Siwon pleadingly to let go of me but he just shook his head.

 

            “This will calm him down.” the doctor said. “It was a low dose of sedative…it will help him fall asleep.”

 

            “Kamsahamnida.” Ryeowook said.

 

            They let go of me and my eyes got blurry. Donghae pushed me down on my bed and then I passed out.

 

            I heard Eun Hye’s voice one last time.