A New Understanding

I Slept With Him ♥♥

 

            You should’ve seen my face when Heechul handed me the ticket to Japan and when he explained that we were having a vacation. I mean he planned it all in just three hours like as if we were just taking a detour. This is really a surprise and I mean big surprise but I cannot deny that I am so happy right now.

 

            We landed in Japan a few hours ago and we were now currently looking for a place to eat because Heechul kept complaining that he’s hungry even though he already ate on the plane. I am so happy and the proof of that will be the never fading smile that’s planted on my lips ever since the idea of being with him has sink in inside my brain.

 

            There are a few chances that I will be alone with him on a vacation again so I have decided to make the most out of it. He was holding my hand as we walk the streets and somehow I got uneasy. What if someone sees us? He might’ve felt my discomfort because he pulled me to the side.

 

            “What’s wrong?” he asked worriedly. “Aren’t you happy?”

            I shook my head. “Aniyo. I’m happy, oppa.”

            “Then what’s wrong?” he frowned.

            I looked around. “I’m just worried about you.”

            “Wae?”

            “Someone might see us and you could be reported.” I explained. “And it will be a problem for you again.”

            “Aish~ I will not be recognized.” he said and I got the reason why he was so dressed differently. He was wearing ordinary and less flashy clothes and he even have a cap on but that’s doesn’t put my worries away.

            “Are you sure?” I asked again.

            “Neh.” he squeezed my hand. “The president has made a cover up story for me so stop worrying.”

           

            I feel so grateful because he has gone over board just to make this vacation possible and I promised not to ruin anything for him. So, I put on my best smiled and nodded.

 

            “Arasso.” I smiled. “Where are we going?”

            “Let’s just check in the hotel and get room service.” he sighed.

            I laughed. I know he doesn’t like it. “I’ll cook for you once we get back, arasso?”

            He smiled. “Neh.”

 

            We went in the hotel and I approached the receptionist.

 

            “Hello ma’am.” she looked at me and then at Heechul. “Sir.”

            “One room please.” Heechul said.

            I looked at him. “We’re two.”

            “Neh.” he nodded.

            “Shouldn’t you be asking for an adjoined room?” I whispered at him and he just laughed.

            “Here you go sir.” the receptionist said handing Heechul the key to our suite.

            “She’s my fiancée.” Heechul said suddenly to the girl.

 

            The receptionist smiled at him and I punched him in the arm as we ride the elevator.

 

            “Why did you say that?” I demanded.

            “So that she’ll know why we’re getting a one room only.” he said rolling his eyes.

            I blushed. I know that the explanation is for me. “Whatever.”

 

            We ate dinner at our suite and we talked about many things that we haven’t talked about before. His family and how he misses his friends. I love how he gets so talkative when he really wants to share something. He was like a five year old kid eager to tell his experiences.

 

            “Why do you do it?” I asked quietly.

            “Do what?” he asked.

 

            We were on the bed and I was sitting on his lap, his arms around my waist. My back was onto him so I couldn’t see his reactions.

 

            “Sing…and be an idol.” I said.

            He rested his chin on my head before answering. “I feel happy when I can see that people are happy because of me. There’s just this fulfillment in me that I cannot explain.”

 

            I smiled. He’s really happy.

 

            “You made them happy because of who you are.” I smiled.

           

            I let the silence over come us because it’s peaceful. I don’t know how we ended up here but right now I don’t want to ask. There wasn’t a clear understanding of what are we to each other but I don’t want to risk asking because I don’t want to ruin the moment. I don’t know if I will ever be this close with him again but I don’t want to take my chances into scaring him away.

 

            I have no way of telling of how he feels but right now I am happy and contented. I just wish that when the time comes that we have to separate ways we can still be friends. I know it will be extremely painful for me but then again this will serve as one of the happiest moment I will have with him. It’s such a shame that I have no way of telling him how I feel without breaking the treaty, the only thing connecting him to me. It sounds silly now that I think about it why we still keep holding on that piece of paper when it has been months since the incident. Heechul could simply tell my father that there’s no way something could have happened between us because if we really did something the results will be obvious by now.

 

            The president has been cool about it too even though I know that ever since I came, hard implications on Heechul’s career have left their marks but still there’s nothing I have heard from them.

 

            I tried picturing myself going back to the same old life I have before I met Heechul. The time the treaty will just expire, the day of my graduation where we will deiced if we want to marry each other. I can’t imagine him going back into his own world but somehow and someday I know it will happen. You can’t stop something inevitable. That was just plain, stupid.

 

            I don’t know what I would say to him when we part and somehow this vacation feels like things were ending and it made me sad.

 

            “Eun Hye what’s wrong?” Heechul suddenly asked. I didn’t realize my chest is heaving. “Why are you crying?”

 

            He made me face him and I couldn’t do anything. I smiled at him and shook my head.

 

            “I’m fine.” I laughed as he wiped my tears. “I’m just thinking about the things we’ve been through.”

            “Do you regret those things?” he asked with an unreadable expression.

            I shook my head. “Aniyo. I was just wondering what we will be doing after all this.”

            “After what?” he asked, confused.

            “When the treaty ended.” I said and he looked away.

            “I don’t know.” he said, his voice barely a whisper.

            “I guess we’ll just be living on our own worlds again.” I said my voice sounding so far away.

            “Maybe.” he said. “I don’t know.”

 

            Yeah, no one knows. I wonder who he will marry when the treaty ended. I wonder who will be the one making him happy, who Heechul would choose. I’m sure there will be plenty of girls wanting him but I wonder who it will be. It hurts when I thought about him being with somebody else but the stab of pain is nothing when I thought about of the possibility that he will be with So Hee.

 

            A tear escaped my eyes again and this time I cannot help it. He looked at me startled by my sudden tears. I hugged him so that he wouldn’t see my face.

 

            “You said you were okay.” he said completely stunned by my actions.

            “I will miss you oppa.” I cried.

            “Why are you saying that like as if you’ll never see me again?” he asked.

            I sobbed. “You’ve grown so much on me and I don’t know what I will do when we part ways.”

 

            There’s no point in repressing myself now.

 

            He sighed. “Don’t say those words.”

            “Neh.” I said pulling away. “We should be happy.”

 

            I still have a year and a few months to be with you.

 

            “I want you to be happy.” he mumbled.

 

            But that means being with you.

 

            “I want you to be always smiling.” he said almost to himself.

           

            How could that be possible when I know you’ll soon be moving on?

 

            “I could do that for you.” I said trying to smile. “Even though you won’t see it.”

            “Do you promise?” Heechul asked quietly.

            “Neh, oppa.” I nodded. “For you I will do it.”

 

            He kissed me in the forehead and I stayed on his arms all night.

 

            Tomorrow morning we started the day without talking about what happened last night. I guess we had a silent agreement that we will just enjoy ourselves and that’s what we did. In the last to days we didn’t do anything but shop and dine almost everywhere. We toured the whole Tokyo but avoiding the places where we could be recognized.

 

            On our last night we went to the park where we ate ice creams and played bubbles. He pushed me in the swing and he even tried the kiddies slide for me.

 

            “Oppa, gumawo.” I smiled.

            “Why are you thanking me?” he laughed playing with the bubbles.

            “Thank you for bringing me here.” I said looking at him. “I’m so happy.”

            He smiled. “I want you to be happy, remember?”

            “Neh.” I smiled. “What do you think they’re doing right now?”

            He sighed. “They will be wondering when we will come home and they’ll probably bombard us with questions.”

            I laughed. “Neh. I can imagine them.”

            “Unfair isn’t?” he said.

            “Aish~ we have to understand them.” I winked.

            “Oh well at least we can get away from them even just for a few days.” he smiled and handed me his hand.

 

            We walked back to the hotel in silence, feeling the warmth of Japan.

 

            One of the best days in my life.