06 First Date

So Sweet, So Simple

[Sora's POV]

I've sorted all of the results of today in my notebook. I made a folder for each member and rechecked each of the photograph to choose the best pictures. The rest is up to the members, their manager, and Cube Entertainment to decide.

I shut down my notebook and throw myself on bed. It's already 8 PM now. BEAST members had left their room since around 5 PM to the CUBE Entertainment for a metting. I've spent more than three hours for the photographs. Well, time flies when I work.

My phone rings. It's my sister.

"Ne?" I answer.

"How's your first day?" she asks, totally curious.

"Fine," I reply.

"They're sooo amazing, right?" she giggles. "I know you will be fine with them."

"Ne," I sit down on my bed. "They're nice."

"Good~" I know she is smiling right now. "I'm glad you're happy."

"Did I look sad before now?" I ask unintentionally.

"No, not that," she says. "I mean it's good to see you work again, to hear that you're with nice persons around you. I"m happy for you."

"Thanks," I mutter. Even though she has everything best in her life, she never forget me. At least I'm thankful for her. I don't hate her. Really.

"You're welcome, Sora," she responds softly. "So what are you doing now?"

"Nothing," I answer honestly. "I just sorted my photographs."

"And?" she waits for a continuation, which is I don't have.

"I'm going outside," I tell her. "I want to buy something to drink."

"I see," she replies. "Be careful. Take care of yourself there. Call me if you need anything."

I bid her goodbye. I stand up and grab my black jacket. I am going outside. I don't feel like I want to have dinner so I'm planning to walk around this area and find something to drink. I take my scarf with me; it's a little bit chilly outside.

I walk around without destination, stop anywhere I want. I stop by a gift shop, looking for nothing. I find a coffee shop and look at the menu to buy something to drink.

"Two glasses of hot cappuccino please," a familiar voice orders from my back.

I turn and find Gikwang is smiling at me. He is wearing a black-rimmed glasses and black knit hat.

He takes out his wallet and pays for the cappuccino. I don't say anything. What is he doing here anyway?


[Gikwang's POV]

We arrived at our apartment around 8.15 PM or so. We sit in the main room, talking about the variety show we've taken. I look out through the window. It's a starry night. I decide to take a walk.

I grab my favorite glasses and knit hat in my room.

"Where are you going?" Doojoon asks me when I take my black jacket. Yes, black is my favorite color.

"I'm going outside for a while. I'm going to grab a cup of coffee, I guess," I tell him. "Anyone with me?"

"Me!" Yoseob stands up.

"You," Hyunseung stares at him. "Go clean yourself first."

He pouts. I laugh because he is messy right now. He played too much back there and he need to clean himself right now. I tell him to meet me in the usual coffee shop after he's done. I am way too thirsty for a coffee right now.

I walk to the coffee shop, pull my jacket tighter; it is really cold tonight. I really want to taste the hot cappuccino now. I open the door and step in. My eyes stop at a girl with black jacket.

Is it Sora?

She is looking at the menu while the person in front of him has taken his order. I grin and plan to give her a little surprise.

"Two glasses of hot cappuccino please," I say to the cashier.

She turns around and I smile at her. She doesn't change her expression at all. I take out my wallet and pay for the cappuccinos. I hand one of the glasses to her, "There you go."

She doesn't take it.

"We're blocking the line," she mutters.

I turn and see there are three persons who are waiting for us. I apologize and step aside from the line. She follows me and we take seats in the corner of the shop. She sits in front of me and looks at me without a word.

I push a glass of cappuccino to her, "It's for you."

"I don't like coffee," she says.

I gasp.


[Sora's POV]

"It's for you," he pushes the glass to me.

I don't like coffee. I don't like bitterness. I wasn't planning to order a coffee. There is a hot chocolate in the menu and I was going to order it when he showed up.

"I don't like coffee," I tell him. I don't want to lie. I know it's not a really respectful manner.

He gasps, "I'm... I"m sorry."

Silence.

I don't know what to say.

"Wait a minute," he stands up, leaving me with two glasses of cappuccino.

He goes back to the queue and orders something. He sits back and gives me the new glass, "I know you will drink this one."

I take a sip of the drink. It's hot chocolate.

"Why?" that's all I ask.

"You told us that you're like chocolate in our way back this evening. Since you don't like bitter drink, I thought that you would love to have a hot chocolate," he takes a sip of the cappuccino and smiles widely.

He is sensitive enough, isn't he?


[Gikwang's POV]

She starts to drink the hot chocolate slowly. I'm glad that she likes it. I notice that she is looking at the other glass on the table.

"I will give it to Yoseob," I tell her. "He is going to come as well."

She nods and drinks her hot chocolate again.

I try to find a topic to talk about. I decide that either photography or music is the best topic for us.

"Sora, what is your favorite object to take for photography?" I ask her.

She looks at me deeply before answers it, "People."

"Wow. Did you win your competitions with people as the objects?"

"Yes."

"I want to see them! Can I?"

"Sure."

Silence.

"You really like ballad song, right?"

"I prefer ballad."

Silence again. Wow, she is difficult.

I sip my cappuccino again. Yoseob hasn't come yet.

"You know," I start again, "it's like a date. Our first date."

She doesn't react. Ah, I'm not good with this kind of joke.

"Sorry," she mumbles suddenly.

"What made you say that?" I tilt my head. She looks at her glass.

"I'm not good at talking," she explains. "All of you are lively and cheerful. I'm just not adapting well with all of you. I'm better to act as a professional."

I am thinking about the right words to say when Yoseob appears from behind.


[Yoseob's POV]

I've done with shower. I rush to the coffee shop; I'm going to buy hot cappuccino. It's really cold even though I'm wearing gloves. The coffee shop is not really crowded. I examine the whole room and find Gikwang in the corner of the shop. Sora is sitting across from him.

I approach them silently, wanting to make surprise for both of them. Sora is looking at her glass while Gikwang's back is facing me.

"Sorry," I hear Sora's voice.

"What made you say that?" Gikwang tilts his head. Oh my, he is acting cute, isn't he?

"I'm not good at talking. All of you are lively and cheerful. I'm just not adapting well with all of you. I'm better to act as a professional," she says.

"That's good," I cut in. She looks up. "We need a professional to work with us. We're glad that you are a professional."

I take a seat next to Gikwang, "Don't feel sorry for being yourself. You just need to adapt with us. Right, Gikwang?"

I look at him and wink. He laughs and says, "He's right. We're happy to have you around us. As if we have a little sister."

She doesn't respond.

"Ah, a little sister," I clap my hands. "I only have an older sister. Do you mind if I think of you as my little sister?"

She doesn't say anything at first but she says something after a while, "I'm good with it if you're good with it."

"Yey!" I make a victory pose. Gikwang grins as well. A step ahead to make her feels better with us around her. We don't like to see someone in gloomy mood around us, especially me. I always want to make someone cheers up while I'm around.

"Welcome to BEAST family, Sora," Gikwang smiles. He pushes a glass of cappuccino to my side, giving me a sign that it's mine. I take a sip of it and feels warmer than before. Probably because of the hot cappuccino and I feel closer to Sora now.


[Sora's POV]

"Welcome to BEAST family, Sora," Gikwang smiles at me.

It's not really a big deal. They just want to look at me as their little sister. Nothing will make big differences. Or so I think.

Suddenly Gikwang's phone rings.

"Yes?" he answers the phone. "I'm with Yoseob right now. Why?"

He listens to the person on the phone while Yoseob is looking at him, wondering who's calling him.

"I got it. I'm on my way back there," he closes the line and stands up. "I'm going back to the apartment now. Our manager needs me to talk about my schedule tomorrow. See you back at the apartment."

He takes his cappuccino along with him.

He stops his step and turn around, "Make sure to take Sora back safely with you."

Gikwang waves at us and walks out from the coffee shop, back to their apartment. Yoseob pulls out his phone and takes a picture of his glass. He is doing something with his phone and smiles widely.

He notices that I'm looking at him. Yoseob shows me his phone screen; he just tweeted,

"A glass of hot cappuccino in the middle of the night. Take care~"

He attached the picture of the cappuccino with his last tweet.

"I like Twitter," he says, taking back his phone. "I can express things there and my fans can read them as well."

I nod as my respond.

"Do you have one?" he wonders.

I nod and tell him my username. I rarely tweet but I made it because my sister told me to. My clients followed me and, my sister said, my fans followed me too. I only tweeted to attach some photographs of mine on Twitter.

"Followed!" he grins. "Follow me back, will you?"

I nod again.


[Yoseob's POV]

I just followed her Twitter and tell her to follow me back. She nods and I smile at her. She just need to adapt with us. That's all.

I drink my cappuccino again before I ask her, "Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"Just walk around to know this area better," she replies. "Is there a gallery around here?"

I try to make a map in my mind. I remember that there's a little gallery in the corner of the street, "There's one. Let me take you there."

We stand up and leave the coffee shop. We've finished our drinks and it feels warmer now.

I find the gallery and give her a sign to follow me inside. There's no one there except an old man with glasses, sitting behind a table near the door. He smiles at us when we enter the gallery.

"Welcome, lady," he greets Sora. "I assume that you are new around here. I never saw you before."

She bows and I follow her. The old man looks at me, "Your boyfriend, young lady?"

Sora shakes her head, not saying anything. She steps inside, starting to examine the photographs hanged on the wall. I hold my smile and start to look at the photographs as well.

The gallery has no more than twenty photographs but it's kind of amazing. I never entered this gallery before; I just walked pass it every time I walked around. I never realized that photographs of landscapes, waterscapes, and animals could be this great.

After around ten minutes of silence, she tells me that she's done. She smiles to the old man, "Thanks. It's beautiful. I will visit here again."

"Sure," the old man smiles back at her. "Please visit again with your beloved boyfriend."

Her smile has disappeared. Ah, I was just happy to see her smile but it's disappeared too soon. She steps out from the gallery and I follow her after giving the man a smile.

The effect of the hot beverages had gone away. It's 9 PM already. Sora puts her hand in her pocket; it must be really cold. I remove my gloves and give it to her, "Wear it."

She doesn't take it.


[Sora's POV]

It's a really small but beautiful gallery. I remember the first time my photograph hanged on the gallery too. It's a small gallery but I was proud of myself back then. Yoseob follows me around and he looks amazed with the photographs as well.

I smile naturally when I'm going to leave the gallery. It's getting late. The old man in the gallery keeps saying that Yoseob is my boyfriend even though I've told him that he's not.

It's getting colder now. I put my hands in my pocket to make it warmer.

"Wear it," Yoseob suddenly gives me his gloves.

I don't take it.

He pulls my hand and puts the gloves on my hand, "I don't take a 'no' as an answer. You're feeling cold right now."

I don't wear it. He's feeling cold too, I know. I was going to return it back to him when he says, "If you don't take it, I won't go back to the apartment."

Is he threatening me?

It's getting colder now. I wear one of the gloves on my right hand and give the other one to him in silence. Since he won't go back if I don't wear it and he's getting colder without it, I decided to wear only one of the pair. He looks at me, confused.

"I know you're feeling cold too," I say to him. "You should wear one too. I'm wearing one now. It's fair."

He laughs all of a sudden, "You're cute."

I feel my cheeks is getting warm. I'm... blushing?

Fortunately, he doesn't notice it.


[Yoseob's POV]

She is cute. I can't believe she gives me one of my gloves so each of us will wear one glove.

I take the glove and wear it on my
 left hand. My uncovered right hand holds her left hand, "This one will be warm as well."

I smile at her and I start to walk back to the apartment, holding her hand in mine. It's working; both of my hands are warm now.

"You know," I say while we are walking back, "it feels like a date. Our first date."

I laugh at my own joke, trying to make the situation warmer. So this is the feeling to take a walk with a little sister. I smile to myself.


[Sora's POV]

Why is he holding my hand? I admit that I feel warmer because of it but I'm blushing again. I don't know why I'm blushing but luckily he doesn't notice it.

I barely can say anything right now. For the first time in my life, I'm blushing because of a man. It's the first time a man holds my hand; I always be the one who told people to hold hand in hand when I took photographs.

It feels... I don't know. I can't arrange it in words.

"You know," Yoseob suddenly says something when we're on our way back to the apartment. He's still holding my hand but he's looking at the night sky, "it feels like a date. Our first date."

He laughs. He made a same joke with Gikwang but I blush, again, because of the joke. I didn't blush when Gikwang said it so why am I blushing right now?

I shove away this uneasy feeling, hoping it is only the effect of the hot chocolate combined with this cold night.

Photobucket