03 First Day

So Sweet, So Simple

[Sora's POV]

 
I've finished my morning preparation. It's 5 AM in the morning and I barely sleep last night because I'm not good at getting used with a new room. I went back to my room around 11 PM. I helped Hyunseung clean up after dinner last night and I met their manager right before I went back to my room. He talked about the detail of the contract again with BEAST members were listening to us.
 
I take the contract on my table and read it all over again.
 
"The taken pictures must not be published without BEAST members' and CUBE Ent.'s agreement."
 
"The photographer must take photographs of BEAST, including their photoshoots for albums, live performances, and daily activities."
 
"The photographer is not supposed to be working on a media corporation; BEAST personal photography must be a freelancer."
 
"All photographs must be saved in digital format."
 
"The selected photographs by BEAST member will be printed every month with total around 50 photographs in one single photobook that will be published for their fans, B2TIES, in limited edition."
 
I put it back on the table and grab a cup of tea to drink. I will start my job today since they are going to record their new album, "Fiction and Fact". The manager told me. I must take some pictures of them while recording.
 
The recording will start at 7 AM. We will take off from here around thirty minutes before the time.
 
I go back to my room and check my camera. Finally, I will use it again.
 
I bought this camera around 2 years ago, before I graduated from college. Yes, I graduated from college at 20 years old. I bought this camera after I won several photography competition with my digital camera given by my sister when I graduated from high school.
 
I've fallen in love with photography since I entered high school. I went to a gallery in Seoul with my sister when I was 14 years old. I saw a photograph of kids playing with their parents and I was amazed with it.
 
My parents live in French. I don't really have a close relationship with them. My sister is the one they love, or so I think. I'm getting along with them but not close. That's all.
 
With this DSLR, I've won bigger competitions within this 2 years. Some of my clients said that I'm good about taking photos from many perspectives, and they loved me for that. I, myself, don't think it as something special. I'm still learning. I don't have close friends to share my interest in photography. I participated in some workshops and read books or browsing on the internet to learn more.
 
"Get used with the members for one year," I mumbles.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I yawn. It's 5.30 AM in the morning. I try to gain my focus so I can step down from my bed.
 
"Wake up," Doojoon shakes me. "Go shower. We have to leave in an hour."
 
"I'm not going to stay for an hour in the shower," I joke. We will have a recording for our new and first full album, Fiction and Fact at 7 AM.
 
I grab my clothes and walk to the bathroom. It's empty right now. Good.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I'm waiting in the main room, playing with my iPod Touch. I'm waiting for my turn for the bathroom. I guess it's Yoseob in there.
 
Last night was unique. Really.
 
Sora stayed in our room to talk with our manager. He told us to understand the contract as well so we won't need to worry about miscommunication later.
 
Manager gave all of us her contact number after she went back to her room. It was written in the contract: All of BEAST members will have the personal photographer's contact number so they can contact her when they need to take photographs.
 
I put down my iPod Touch.
 
I wonder why is Sora being so quiet around us? Does she hate us? Is she an anti-fan?
 
"Your turn," Yoseob's voice makes me jump a little. He's done from bathroom and he walks pass me to his own room.
 
I shrug and enter the bathroom before anyone else take my turn.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
They haven't ready yet.
 
I'm waiting in front of their door with my DSLR. It's almost 6.30 AM now but I'm still waiting alone.
 
I lean to the wall. I take my iPod, put the white earphone, and press the play button.
 
Ah, I know this song. Lights Go On Again.
 
It's BEAST.
 
I always love this song, whether I knew their members or not.
 
Someone takes one of my earphone and puts in on their ear.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I open the door and find Sora is leaning to the wall, listening to her iPod. She closes her eyes and I think she doesn't notice me.
 
The other members are preparing for the recording. We're kind of late because we're laughing while we enjoyed the breakfast.
 
I step closer to her and pull one of her earphone and put it on my ear.
 
Lights Go On Again.
 
Hey, it's one of our songs.
 
It's my part so I sing it,
 
"Dashi bicheul bichumyeon dasi nareul kkaeumyeon
Nae maeumeul dasi umjigyeo Oh
Lights go on again, Lights go on again"
 
She looks at me, expresionless.
 
"It's my part," I grin and return her earphone. "I'm glad you listen to our song."
 
"It's a beautiful song," she presses the stop button and put her iPod in her pocket. "I like it."
 
I grin. I'm always happy to know there are people who listened to our songs and like them.
 
"Hey," Junhyung steps out. "Come on."
 
After that, the rest of our members come out. Doojoon is the last. He locked the door before telling us to take the elevator because our vehicle has already waiting for us.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I come out right after Junhyung. Yoseob and Sora are standing next to each other and Yoseob has a happy smile on his face.
 
Did something happen?
 
"Let's go," Doojoon has locked the door. "They're waiting."
 
We follow Doojoon to the elevator and find our manager in the van. We get on the van as usual. Sora sits on the passenger seat while our manager sits on the driver seat.
 
"How's your first night in new room, Sora?" our manager asks politely. I sit on the middle row, between Doojoon and Dongwoon. Right behind me is Hyunseung. Right next to him is Yoseob and left to him is Junhyung.
 
"Nothing unusual," she wears the seatbelt.
 
"I see," he answers. I can see that our manager can't continue the conversation anymore. He starts the engine and drives us to the recording studio.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
They're totally noisy.
 
Their manager laughs because of their jokes but I doesn't even say a word in our way to the recording studio. All of them are singing various songs and dance along with it. I look outside from the window, hoping that we will arrive at the studio as soon as possible.
 
After around ten minutes or so, we're parking on the basement. I get out from the car with my camera and wait for them to get out as well. We take the elevator and go to the studio to start their recording.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
We are reading our lyrics while our manager is talking to the recording studio staff. Sora, in the other hand, is preparing her DSLR. It's her first day for her new job today. She will take our pictures while we are recording.
 
I stop my practice and look at her. She is wearing a white shirt with black cardigan today. She wears a jeans and white flat shoes. Simple but sweet.
 
"Hey," Yoseob hits my shoulder with the paper, "practice with me for this part."
 
I turn from Sora to Yoseob, "Oh, sure."
 
 
 [Yoseob's POV]
 
Why is he looking at Sora again?
 
"Hey," I hit Gikwang's shoulder with my paper, "practice with me for this part."
 
He turns around, "Oh, sure."
 
I look at Sora. She is preparing her DSLR. She tries to take some pictures, setting it so it will take perfect photographs.
 
She is way too quiet. She hasn't say anything at all since I met her in front of our room. She kept silence in the van. I can't read her mind at all.
 
"Hey, your part," Gikwang hits my shoulder back.
 
"Eh?" I look at him, realize that I was looking at Sora for a while. "Once again."
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
Yoseob is looking at Sora. I look at her as well. She is setting her DSLR now.
 
"Hey, your part," I hit his shoulder back.
 
"Eh?" he looks at me now. "Once again."
 
I sigh but then smile because of him. We practice our lines two times before the staff calls us to start the recording.


[Sora's POV]

They prepare to start the recording. The manager gives me a sign that I can start now. I step backward so the camera's sound won't be recorded.

I get them in a frame and then click when they are wearing the headphones.

My first photograph of BEAST members as their personal photographer.

Photobucket