52 Fever

So Sweet, So Simple
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"Not again," Junhyung mutters.
 
We're just done with our third comeback performance. Like usual, we're in the make up room to clean up our make ups after the performance. Sora should be here with us but she's too busy to get rid of Mina.
 
There are noises from outside and we can hear Mina's voice, begging Sora to let her meet us.
 
I don't want to be rude but honestly, I'm a little bit annoyed by her attitude. I'm thankful that she's our loyal fan; she told us that she had all of our mini albums, watched all of our performances, and even attended our concert, but I don't want her to keep distracting us like now.
 
On the top of it, I think Sora has been dragged around by Mina. Sora is rarely at her room since Mina came. Sora will be going somewhere before our schedule with Mina and then she will be gone after our schedule with us is done as well.
 
Today is no different. Sora was not at her room this morning, making her must meet us when the rehearsal has started. She told me that Mina asked her help in her photography club since yesterday.
 
The door is opened by Sora. She sighs and says to Mina, "Not now, Mina."
 
Mina waves to us from the door, ignoring Sora's words. I wave back at her, hoping she will go away after that.
 
"Now, you see them," Sora sighs again. She is going to close the door but Mina pushes her a little because she wants to make the door opens up wider.
 
Sora stumbles and trips over, making all of us stand up from our seats and approach her.
 
"Are you alright?" I help her stand up, holding her shoulder with my arms. Did Mina push her that strong?
 
"I-I-I'm sorry, Sora Unnie!" Mina squeaks. "I don't mean to harm you!"
 
Sora shakes her head slowly, "I'm fine."
 
Her face is pale. I put my hand on her forehead; she has fever.
 
I exchange looks with Doojoon and he understands my sign.
 
"We're very sorry but we have our next schedule after this," Doojoon says politely to Mina. "Please excuse us."
 
Mina apologized again to Sora before she leaves the room. Well, actually we don't have any more schedule after this, but then if it's the way to make Mina go away.
 
I lead Sora to sit on the chair. She puts her camera bag on the table. Fortunately the camera didn't hit the floor back then. She takes a deep breath, closing her eyes and lean to the back of the chair.
 
"You need to take a rest," Hyunseung says with panic tone.
 
"I'll be just fine," she states with expressionless face.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
My head is aching. I only slept four hours last night because Mina asked me to check all of her photos to be shown on her photography club activities. Not to mention I needed to check my own taken pictures of BEAST performance.
 
Mina would wake me up in the morning even though I was appointed to meet her in the afternoon. She would picked me up after my schedule with BEAST is over, dragging me to help her around the area and bought new stuff for her new room.
 
I don't even realize that I have fever now. Mina didn't give too much strength when she pushed me; I just didn't have power to stand by firmly.
 
"You," Yoseob says directly to me, "Go rest after we're home."
 
I look at him. He looks mad at me. He crosses his arms and glares at me.
 
I sigh and nod slowly because my headache is really annoying me.
 
My phone vibrates when Gikwang is helping me to stand up. I check the new text message and I find it's from Mina.
 
"Will be waiting for you outside! Help me with the photography stuff!"
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"I will catch up later," Sora says when we already left the make up room. We're on our way to the van when she stops her step all of a sudden.
 
"Why?" Dongwoon looks shocked.
 
"Mina needs my help," Sora takes her camera bag from Junhyung; Junhyung helped her with her camera bag, afraid that she will stumble again because of her headache.
 
I frown. What is wrong with Mina? What is wrong with Sora? She should refuse her request.
 
"No," I hold her hand when she is going to leave. "You're going home now with us."
 
Sora looks at me and shakes her head, "I need to help her."
 
"She can ask your help later," I hold her hand tighter but gently. "You need to take a rest."
 
"But Mina...," when she is trying to protest, I take her phone from her hand and find Mina's contact. Without asking for her permission, I push the call button.
 
"Neee~?" Mina answers the call happily. "Where are you, Sora Unnie?"
 
"Sora is not in her best condition," I blurt out. "She's not going anywhere today."
 
"Eh?" Mina gasps, probably surprised because it's not Sora who is talking to her.
 
I close the line and I find Sora is staring at me. I put her phone on my pocket and drag her to the van, still holding her hand.
 
"What about exchange seats?" I ask to Doojoon.
 
Doojoon nods and he takes the seat next to our manager. I tell Sora to sit in the middle row after Hyunseung, Dongwoon, and Junhyung sat in the back row. Both of me and Gikwang sit in the middle row.
 
"My phone," she says when the engine has started.
 
"I'll return it to you when we're home," I answer. "I don't think you need the phone to distract you for now."
 
Sora sighs. She closes her eyes, taking a deep breath. I know she will be mad at me from taking away her phone but I'm really worried about her.
 
"Just try to sleep," Gikwang pats her head softly.
 
"Have a dinner with us tonight," Hyunseung says from the back row. "I will prepare special menu for you."
 
Sora turns her head to see Hyunseung and gives him a weak smile, "Thank you."
 
She leans back and closes her eyes, speaking to all of us softly, "I'm sorry for making you worry about me."
 
Secretly I intertwine my fingers with hers, holding her hand gently, hoping it will comfort her.
 
She flinches a little when she notices my hold on her hand but embraces my hand softly. She drifts to sleep quickly; she must be really tired.
 
Her head falls aside to Gikwang's side, making her sleep on Gikwang's shoulder. I admit it, I feel jealousy now but when I look at Sora's sleeping face, I shove away the thought.
 
I hope she will get better soon.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I fell asleep in our way back to the apartment. Yoseob held my hand while Gikwang let me sleep on his shoulder. I'm really thankful because they really care about me.
 
Yoseob opens my door for me, bringing my camera bag on his shoulder. I step in and walk to my bedroom.
 
Yoseob stops his step suddenly. I turn around to look at him.
 
"Can I enter your bedroom?" he asks.
 
I don't answer him; my head is aching so bad, making me don't want to say anything. I open the door and step in.
 
There is nothing to hide in my room. I sit on my bed and tell him to put my camera bag on the table, next to my notebook.
 
"Thank you," I say to him. They're right, I really need to take some rests. I change my position, ready to sleep, resting my head on the pillow.
 
"Can I stay with you?" Yoseob asks.
 
I open my eyes and look up to see him. He is rubbing his head nervously. I tilt my head a little, wondering what he meant.
 
"I will wake you up when we're going to have dinner," he explains. "I will sit next to you. That's all. I promise."
 
My sister was the only person who took care of me when I was sick. Well, I'm not this weak actually, but my sister would take care of me with great care whenever I was too weak to get up from my bed.
 
I smile when I remember her.
 
I reach out my hand, offering him to take my hand but looks like he doesn't understand what I'm trying to do.
 
"I think I will sleep well when you're holding my hand," I realize that my cheeks start to blush after I said it.
 
Yoseob doesn't take my hand immediately. He flashed a smile before he drags the chair under the table until it reaches my bed. He takes my hand and sits silently.
 
I look at his face. He is smiling softly to me and says, "I will be here when you wake up."
 
He holds my hand gently, as if I will break if he lets me go. I close my eyes, knowing that he will be there with me.
 
I don't know whether it's a dream or not because my headache is making me unfocused, but I hear Yoseob's voice echoing.
 
I guess my fever is really bad if it makes me hallucinate like this. If it's a dream, I guess I have a really sweet dream.
 
"I love you."

Photobucket