24 The Deal

So Sweet, So Simple
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I glance at Sora again. I guess it's almost the hundredth time I'm doing it for today. She is holding her camera but not taking any pictures. She leans against the wall while we are discussing about the final preparation for our new album.
 
I've confessed to her two days ago but she still hasn't give me an answer. I don't want to push her to give me decision so I let her be yesterday. But her behavior is really weird since yesterday. She often bumped into someone else, looking at nothing with unfocused eyes, lost concentration when we're talking about a topic, and the list keeps going on.
 
"Maybe she's tired," Doojoon said to me yesterday. "You know, she's really busy nowadays."
 
Ah, no one knows about my confession. I haven't tell anyone.
 
"Oi," Yoseob calls me. "Focus here. What do you think about the tracklist?"
 
I stop my stare at Sora and continue the discussion with the other members. I guess I need to talk to her as soon as possible.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Oi," I call Gikwang. "Focus here. What do you think about the tracklist?"

He snaps back and mutters his apologize.

I know he was looking at Sora again. No wonder he did that. Sora is being so strange since yesterday. She doesn't avoid me or Gikwang though, more likely she is unaware of our existences; as if she is living in her own world.
 
I still don't understand though why she looked really sad when we talked at the rooftop two days ago. Shouldn't she be happy if Gikwang confessed to her? Did I say it in a wrong way? I'll be happy if my best friend and my little sister are in a relationship, right?
 
We finish the discussion and give the result to our manager. We decide to go to a restaurant to have a lunch together.
 
"I'll catch up later," Gikwang says. "I need to do something."
 
After that, he approaches Sora and starts a conversation. He walks back to us, handing us her camera and says, "See you guys later."
 
"I smell something fishy," Hyunseung says when we're watching them leave together.
 
Ugh, I guess I better keep silence.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Hey," Gikwang says, snapping me back from my daydreaming. It happened a lot since yesterday; I was thinking of nothing and one of them came, making me return to reality. I don't know what's happening to me.
 
The night Gikwang confessed to me. The night Yoseob said that I and Gikwang will make a great couple. It's kind of looping in my mind.
 
"Can we talk?" Gikwang smiles.
 
Does he want an answer now? Because I can't give him one. Not now.
 
"Talk about?" I ask him back.
 
His smile has changed into a sad one, "Just... talk. Like we usually do."
 
I think for a second, soften because of his sad smile, and then nod. He take my camera bag from me, saying that I don't need it when I'm with him. He hands it over to Junhyung and waves goodbye to them. He gives me a sign to follow him and leave the building.
 
Gikwang wears his black thick rimmed glasses and a black knit hat, the one I gave to him as a birthday present. We walk to a small coffee shop around the CUBE Entertainment building. He orders a cup of cappuccino and a glass of hot chocolate for me.
 
"So," he says after we sat down, "Tell me. What's wrong?"
 
I shake my head slowly. How can I tell him what's wrong with me when I don't even know the answer?
 
He tilts his head and frowns, "If it's because of my confession..."
 
"It's not that," I respond quickly, don't want him to misunderstand. "Well, at least not 100%."
 
"So part of it is," he smiles. "Just tell me. We used to talk about everything. My feeling doesn't change that."
 
I blush again when I remember his confession; I can't say a word. He does the same. I think he's waiting for my answer. But what can I tell him? I just think of him as my brother.

He's nice, gentle, caring. But that's what a brother does to his little sister, right?
 
I know how it feels to love someone who doesn't love you back but I don't want to lie to him. I think the more I try to lie about my feeling, the more he will hurt because of me.

Geez, how can I tell him about what I'm feeling right now?
 
"Look, Sora," he takes my hand, making my heart skips a beat, "Just tell me how you feel about me."
 
"I...," I hesitate for a moment, trying to find the words. "I don't know."
 
Gikwang smiles; now that's not what I expect, "Then I still have a chance, right? It's not a 'no', right?"
 
I'm confused but then I try to continue the conversation, "I think you're not supposed to date."
 
He rubs his head and laughs, "Ah, that rule. It's true, it's a rule in our company, but I think I can make a way of that. If only you want to be my girlfriend."
 
The way he said it... Ugh, no blushing please, Sora!
 
"I don't know," I put a doubt tone in my words. I really don't know. The manager told me that they don't allow to date because it can distract them from works and other reasons from the Cube Entertainment President. As long as I know, they're not dating with anyone right now.
 
"Let's give it a try," he says, putting down his coffee cup.

He looks at me, coughing a little and explains, "Let me treat you as my girlfriend. If you don't fall for me in a month, I'll take it as a 'no'. If you fall for me eventually, we'll just continue."
 
He looks at me, waiting for my answer.

I frown, thinking carefully about the consequences. Will it hurt him more if I accept his offer? What if I don't fall for him even though a month has passed? A voice in my mind keeps telling me to refuse his offer because I can end up hurting him more. But another part of me don't want to lose him; I'm afraid that he will go away if I refuse his feeling.

I'm being so selfish, am I?
 
"But," I try to add up a point, "we will stop when something unusual happens."
 
He smiles and nods, "Anything else?"

"A month," I mutter. "Are you serious?"

"Really serious," he doesn't lose his sincere smile. "I just want you to know I'm here for you, not as your brother, but as someone who loves you."

I blush and I know he notices it but he continues, "And you know I'm not teasing you. I'm serious about what I'm feeling for you."

"Don't do anything that will harm yourself because of me," I blurt out. Ugh, Sora, you're pointless!

He nods again, understanding my point, "Then it's a deal."
 
I freeze and take a deep breath.

I nod.

Photobucket