46 Good Day

So Sweet, So Simple
[Sora's POV]
 
My phone vibrates again. It is happening every five minutes. I ignore it; I know it's from Yoseob again.
 
He has been texting me since I left him on the rooftop. He sent me text messages, telling me that he doesn't like IU.
 
Geez, the more he tries to convince me like this, the more I can't believe his words. It's not that I don't believe him but I don't know why I feel more uneasy when he keeps telling me over and over.
 
I blush again when I remember his words.
 
"I don't like her. I like you."
 
That was the first time I heard a confession from Yoseob. Was that even a confession?
 
New text message again. I'll let him text me until he will be satisfied. I can let my phone keeps vibrating all night; I don't care.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Thirty two. I don't like IU."
 
I hit the send button. I've been counting this whole time, waiting for her to reply back but she doesn't even send me a single text message.
 
Aish, I confessed to her! I told her by myself that I like her!

Great, I'm blushing when I remember it.
 
Those words just slipped out from my mouth; I wasn't planning to say that to her but I was really frustrated when she kept repeating that I like IU.
 
Hey, it's me she's talking about. I'm the one who knows what I'm feeling.
 
Yes, IU is cute. Yes, IU is adorable. Yes, IU is talented.
 
But that's that. I adore her as a fan. Nothing less, nothing more.
 
"Thirty three. I like you."
 
I hit the send button again. Do I need to tell her again that I like her again directly?
 
How did Gikwang confess to her?
 
Even thinking about the confession scene has already made me blushing like mad. I'm such a fool.
 
"Thirty four. Don't be jealous. I don't like her."
 
I can keep doing this all night.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Not again," I mutter when my phone vibrates again.
 
This time it's a phone call.
 
I look at the caller's ID and I was right. It's Yoseob.
 
I look at the clock; it's already 3 AM. I need him to stop; not because I'm disturbed by it but I really think that he needs to take a rest. They have a recording for another interview at 8 and a meeting in the evening at CUBE Entertainment Building.
 
I've been trying to sleep, ignoring the text messages but he kept sending them more and more, which means he hasn't sleep.
 
I pick up the call with hesitation, "Ne?"
 
"Finally," Yoseob mutters. "Why didn't you reply my messages?"
 
"Because you're doing non sense," I reply coldly.
 
"You're the one who asking for it," Yoseob replies with frustration. "I've told you I don't like her."
 
"And I've told you I'm not jealous," I raise my voice. Why did I sound mad?
 
"If I really like her, I would have confessed to her!" he blurts out.
 
I don't respond. He's right... but I can't admit it that easy.
 
"Why don't I just return Gikwang's feeling back and become a happy couple?" I murmur. "You and IU will make a great couple too."
 
What did I just say?
 
"You're not serious," he whispers.
 
Geez, Sora, you're really stupid!
 
"I mean...," I pause. What can I say to him?
 
"You're jealous," he hisses and I feel my cheeks are warm again.
 
"Stop this nonsense," I sigh. "Go to sleep."
 
"I will if you tell me you're jealous of IU," he demands.
 
What is this? We're fighting like two little kids!
 
"I'll say that if you tell me you like her," I speak. It's really ridiculous.
 
"You're getting on my nerves," he sounds really frustrated now.
 
"Look," I take a look at the clock once again, "I'll talk to you after the meeting. I promise."
 
"Fine," he sighs.
 
Without waiting for my response, he ends the call.
 
Is he mad at me?
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I just slept for around two hours before Doojoon wakes me up because we have an interview for our comeback this morning. I quickly get up and go to the shower; I want the day to pass faster so I can talk to Sora soon.
 
She promised me that she will talk to me after our meeting at CUBE Entertainment building. Tomorrow we will release our first full album for our fans and we really need full preparation for our comeback.
 
She doesn't say anything to me when I see her, waiting in front of our room as usual. We step in the car and don't say anything in our way to the recording studio.
 
As usual, Sora waits for us on the audience seats. She takes some pictures while we're recording the interview.
 
I try to stop looking at her and focus on the interview.
 
Be patient, Yoseob, she will talk to you soon.
 
It's only an hour interview; talking about our preparation for new album and our hopes for our comeback. The MCs also ask us to give our opinions about other idols by choosing a song.
 
"IU is great," I tell the MCs the truth and the other members start to tease me. I glance at Sora secretly but she doesn't change her expression. "She is talented and her voice is incredibly amazing."
 
"Ah, IU is indeed really popular nowadays," the MC comments. He asks me to sing her song, Good Day, in my own version.
 
I have prepared the song. Junhyung and Dongwoon will dance as my backdancers. The writers have asked us to prepare special performances in this interview.
 
Unfortunately, I chose this song a week before Sora started to be jealous of her. I look at Sora and she is watching with full focus now.
 
Even though it doesn't sound like a sad song, Good Day is a song with sad lyrics. Come to think of it, this song fits perfectly with my feeling now.
 
I've changed the word "Oppa" in this song into "Gongjoo"; it means "Princess".
 
I take my position and the song starts. I flash a smile to Sora before I start to sing,
"Eojjeom ireohke haneuren deo paran geonji
Oneul ttara wae barameun tto wanbyeok hanji
Geunyang moreuneun cheok hana mot deureun cheok, jiwo beorin cheok
Ttan yaegil shijal halkka
Amu mal mot hage ib machulkka"
 
Why is the sky so much more blue?
Why is the breeze so perfect today?
Pretending like I don’t know
Like I didn’t hear a thing, like I erased it
Should we start talking about something else?
Should we kiss so we can’t say anything?
 
Now the refrain starts,
"Nun muri chaollaseo gogael deureo
Heureuji mot hage tto saljjak useo
Naege wae ireo neunji museun mareul haneunji
Oneul haetdeon modeun maljeo haneul wiro
Hanbeon do mot haetdeon mal
Ulmyeon seo hal jureun na mollat deon mal
Naneun yo gongjoo ga joheun geol eotteokhae"
 
My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won’t fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I didn’t know I’d say as I cried
I like you, princess, what do I do?
 
I smile at Sora again quickly and then look at the camera again, dancing the dance steps perfectly and continue the song,
"Saero bakkwin nae meoriga byeollo yeot neunji
Ibgo nawatdeon oshi shilsu yeotdeon geonji
Ajik moreuneun cheok, gieok an naneun cheok
Amu il eobtdeon geot cheoreom gureo bolkka
Geunyang naga jago yaegi halkka"
 
Was my recent hairstyle change bad?
Did I wear the wrong clothes?
Still pretending like I don’t know, like I don’t remember
Should I act as if nothing happened?
Should I just say that we should go out?
 
Ah, this song reflects my feeling now. What should I say to you, Sora? I'm confused.
 
I made a sad expression, changing it into a fake smile, following the lyrics of refrain part,
"Nun muri chaollaseo gogael deureo
Heureuji mot hage tto saljjak useo
Naege wae ireo neunji museun mareul haneunji
Oneul haetdeon modeun maljeo haneul wiro
Hanbeon do mot haetdeon mal
Ulmyeon seo hal jureun na mollat deon mal
Naneun yo gongjoo ga joheun geol
(hyu) eotteohke"
 
My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won’t fall
Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I didn’t know I’d say as I cried
I like you, princess, what do I do?
 
Once again, I look at Sora. She is taking pictures of my performance. I hold my smile and try to give my best,
"Ireon nareul bogo geureon seulpeun mareun haji mara yo
Cheol eobtneun geonji jogeum dunhan geonji
Mideul suga eobtneun geol yo
 
Don’t say those kind of sad things while looking at me like this
Is it that I’m childish or a bit slow?
I can’t believe it
 
Am I too insensitive about her? Is that why she is being so defensive about me?

I did feel hurt when I remember her words about me and IU will make a great couple; did she feel that way when I told her the same thing when Gikwang confessed to her?
 
"Nun mureun na oneunde hwaljjak useo
Ni apeul makgo seo mak keuge useo
Naega wae ireo neunji bukkeu reomdo eobtneunji
Jajom shimeun gobge jeobeo haneul wiro
Hanbeon do mot haetdeon mal
Eojjeomyeon dashin mothal baro geumal
Naneun yo gongjoo ga joheun geol"
 
Even though I’m crying, I smile
I block your way and I just smile widely
Why am I being like this, do I not have any shame?
I fold my pride up neatly and throw it up to the sky
The words I have never said
The words I might never be able to say again
I like you, princess
 
Dongwoon says his line,
“Aigoo hana dul!”
 
Aigoo, one, two
 
I take a deep breath and sing the highest notes in this song,
"I’m in my dream~"
 
Junhyung and Dongwoon sing together their part while I keep hitting higher and longer notes,
"(It’s too beautiful, beautiful day
Make it a good day
Just don’t make me cry)"
 
I've done with the high notes and I look directly to Sora now; luckily the recording camera is recording my performance from her angle so it doesn't look weird if I look at her,
"Ireohke joheun nal"
 
Such a good day
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I've heard IU version and I love it. Yoseob sang it pretty good, especially because Good Day has a lot of high notes to sing. He also modified the cute dances into cool dances with Junhyung and Dongwoon.
 
I'm not sure but he did smile at me a lot when he sang the refrain part. What was he trying to say?
 
The other members and MCs clap for him. I take a look at my camera, checking the results of the taken pictures. Yoseob's expressions in the performance were priceless.
 
He smiled. He frowned. He puffed his cheeks. He looked sad. He showed aegyo.
 
I smile when I look at the pictures.
 
Ah, I really need to talk to him.