21 The Second

So Sweet, So Simple
[Sora's POV]
 
We walk back to the studio. No one talks. I try to control my expression Yoseob keeps his cheerfulness.
 
He is texting something with his phone when we reach the recording studio. He smiles after hit the send button.
 
Yoseob opens the door for me and I step inside.
 
"Happy White Day!" Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Dongwoon greet me in unison. Doojoon and Dongwoon are holding a heart-shaped box of chocolate in their hands. Hyunseung is hugging a bouquet of red roses while Junhyung and Gikwang smile at me.
 
"We're so sorry that we can't give you anything better," Dongwoon says after I took the chocolate from them. "It's our gratitude for your Valentine Day present for us."
 
I look at the chocolate and Hyunseung walks closer to me, putting the bouquet on the box and says, "Hope you like roses."
 
This is so nice of them. I don't even remember a month has passed since Valentine Day. I smile at them, "Thank you."
 
Dongwoon grins happily. Doojoon walks to me and pats my head, "Glad to see you happy."
 
A hand pulls me away from Doojoon. Gikwang puts his hand on my shoulder, making me step back from Doojoon.
 
I look at him; he is looking at Doojoon but Doojoon shows a confused expression.
 
He looks at me and then smiles, but something is different from his usual smiles.
 
"Happy White Day, Sora," he says. He lets go of my shoulder and pats my head.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I'm surprised when I see Gikwang pulls her away from Doojoon. What's wrong with him?
 
"Happy White Day, Sora," he says, patting Sora's head gently.
 
Sora nods and smiles at him. While the others are talking to Sora now, Gikwang stares at me, as if I've done something really bad.
 
"Now let's go back to the apartment," Doojoon commands. "It's almost 11 now."
 
I shrug and follow the others to our van, driving back to the apartment.
 
Nothing is extra ordinary in our way back but Gikwang doesn't say a single word. I think he's sleeping but he's totally awake, leaning to his seat while the other members, including me, are laughing happily even though we're tired after such a day. Sometimes Sora gives out her comments when one of us asks her opinion.
 
But Gikwang keeps silence. Junhyung tells me to let him be.
 
"He must be really tired," he says to me.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Someone knocks my door.
 
It's fifteen minutes to midnight. Who is knocking my door?
 
I just finished changing my clothes, ready to hit the bed because tomorrow I must meet a client. I open the door and find Gikwang is standing with one of his hand holding onto a bouquet of white roses.
 
I tilt my head when he smiles at me. What does he want at this time?
 
"I'm sorry to disturb you," he says. "I just need five minutes."
 
"Ne?" I close the door and lean to the door, waiting for him to say whatever he wants to.
 
He hands over the bouquet to me, "It's my White Day present for you."
 
I take it from him, "You gave me a bouquet of red roses before."
 
"They gave the roses for you," he says. "This is from me."
 
"Thank you, I think," I say with doubt. He doesn't look like usual. I smell the roses and smile. I'm not a flowers lover but I appreciate it. I've taken pictures of the bouquet of red roses from BEAST members and I think I will share the pictures at my official website.
 
"Can I ask something?" Gikwang asks.
 
"Sure," I frown.
 
"What were you and Yoseob doing when both of you left the building?" he blurts out his question.
 
What? Hey, they're the one who planned the surprise!
 
"Nothing," I answer without changing my tone.
 
I lie, I know. But there is no way I tell him about what Yoseob did to me. Geez, no, Sora, no blushing!
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"What were you and Yoseob doing when both of you left the building?" I ask. I'm really curious. Yoseob took a while; we even needed to send him a text message to make him returned quickly.
 
"Nothing," she answers... and blushes.
 
She's not looking at my eyes when answering it. She is lying. Once again, the uneasy feeling comes. Every time Yoseob had his moments alone with Sora, I become more aware of Yoseob.
 
I take a step closer to Sora, putting both of my hands on the door, blocking her way with my arms. She looks at me with surprised expression.
 
I lean closer to her face. My face is only an inch away from hers. I can feel that she is holding her breath, dazed because of a really close distance between us.
 
As if it's not enough, I move closer to her, almost crashing my lip on hers, but I change my direction. I kiss her right cheek.
 
"Good night," I say after I pull away from her. She is blushing because of it. I can feel that my cheeks are burning as well; it's been a while since the last time I kissed a girl.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
My heart feels like it stops beating for a second when his face just an inch away from mine. I close my eyes, too afraid to guess what will happen after that. I feel his kiss on my right cheek.
 
It feels so soft and gentle.
 
He pulls away from me, "Good night."
 
I look at him; he is blushing too. Yes, of course, I'm blushing now. He's the second person who kissed me after Yoseob.
 
He bows and steps back to his room, leaving me with a really messy thought.
 
Today was so unbelievable.