25 The Night

So Sweet, So Simple
[Yoseob's POV]
 
Gikwang returned back with us after around an hour or so. He had more cheerful aura around him somehow while Sora, in my opinion, was avoiding my eyes.
 
We arrive at our apartment around 5 PM. Gikwang is the last one who gathers with us at the main room. He talked for a moment with Sora in front of her room before joins us.
 
"What?" he asks with a smile when we're looking at him.
 
"Don't act so innocent!" Dongwoon grins. "I know there is something~"
 
Gikwang laughs. He does sound really happy.
 
"You better tell us or...," Junhyung pauses, waiting for Gikwang's reaction.
 
"Or what?" Hyunseung is the one who reacts, making Junhyung sighs.
 
"Or we will lock Sora with us tonight!" Doojoon jokes.
 
"No way I will let you do that," Gikwang laughs along with us but we stop our laughter when we hear his reaction.
 
I try to examine his face. He puts a smile at his face, looking back at us. He looks really happy since he left us with Sora.
 
"Seriously," Junhyung can't hold on his curiosity, "what's up with you and Sora?"
 
He looks at each of us, one by one, before answers it calmly, "I've confessed to her."
 
"WHAT?!" the members, except me, say in unison. I tried to make a surprised expression quickly so Gikwang won't notice my ordinary reaction.
 
"And?" Doojoon wants to know the continuation. "What's her answer?"
 
"I thought you only think of her as a little sister!" Junhyung comments.
 
"Are you going against the rule?" Dongwoon looks amazed.
 
"Did she say 'yes'?" Hyunseung even stands up from his seat.
 
Gikwang laughs at their reactions, "Relax. I'm not going to hide anything from you guys."
 
"So?" Junhyung is impatient.
 
"Well," Gikwang tilts his head, "I did think of her as my little sister at first but looks like things have changed. I'm not going against the rule but I'll make a way through it."
 
"And?" Dongwoon reacts. "Her answer is...?"
 
"She doesn't say 'yes'," Gikwang throws a look at Hyunseung, making the others, including me, drop our jaws. "But she doesn't say 'no'."
 
"What?" now all of us responds quickly.
 
Wait, I don't understand. If she didn't answer 'yes' or 'no' to him, why does Gikwang look so happy now?
 
"I make a deal with her," Gikwang explains to us. "She will let me treat her as my girlfriend for a month. If she fall for me after a month, we'll continue as an official couple. If she doesn't fall for me, then she's my little sister."
 
I look at Doojoon and he looks back at me. He turns and stares at Gikwang, "Are you sure about it?"
 
"Don't worry," Gikwang smiles. "I know what I'm doing."
 
"Just don't throw yourself into trouble," Doojoon reminds him. "You know gossips spread around quickly."
 
Gikwang nods but his eyes are looking at me. I'm sure he's looking at me.
 
"I know," he looks away from me. "Please take care of me and Sora."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I return back to my room after Gikwang asked my permission, whether he could tell the members or not about the deal.
 
I told him that he could do whatever he wanted to. I'll never forbid him even if he's my official boyfriend.
 
It feels like I have a soon-to-be boyfriend. I blush when I remember his smile to me; he's doing it sincerely.
 
Can I fall for him like I fell in love with Junghwa?
 
Or maybe more?
 
My phone rings. I take a look at the screen.
 
Another unknown number. Since I'm not in a bad mood, I pick up the phone, knowing it's just another prank call.
 
"Ne?" I respond shortly.
 
To my surprise, someone replies back, "Don't love someone else, Sora..."
 
It's a man's voice. It's deep and cold.
 
"Who's this?" I ask but he closes the conversation.
 
What's wrong with that person? What did he mean?
 
I shove away the scary thought from my head but I don't think I need to do that now because I just receive a text message from Gikwang.
 
"I told them and they're happy for us. I'm waayyy happier than them! ^^"
 
I blush when I read it. I think I need to reply his message.
 
"Good to see you happy."
 
I take a deep breath. I need to adapt myself with Gikwang... more than I've done before.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I'm really happy when I received the reply from Sora.

"Good to see you happy."
 
I'm going to make her fall for me. I know, it's not good to force it but I know she does feel something for me. I just don't know whether it's a sisterly feeling or something more.
 
The only thing I'm sure from her is she has a feeling for Yoseob too. I don't think she realizes it herself but I know it. Strange enough, Yoseob didn't show me any sad or disappointed reaction when I told the others about my deal with Sora.
 
Is he alright with it?
 
I thought he has a crush on Sora too.
 
I open my Twitter and read her last tweet around five minutes ago.
 
"Extra-ordinary day. Hope for a blessed month."
 
Ah, if only I can retweet it, if only I can announce to the whole world that I do wish for a wonderful month or more with her.
 
But I can't. I can't treat her as my girlfriend when we're at works. I can't treat her more than partners for works at public. It's way too risky.
 
I smile; it's already more than I've expected, to have a right to treat her as my girlfriend... I'm grateful enough.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
My phone rings again. I rub my eyes and look at the clock. It's past midnight already.
 
Another unknown number. I always tried to call back the unknown numbers from time to time but I couldn't reach it. Are the unknown numbers come from one person? How much numbers does the person has?
 
I feel goose bumps. I push the button and respond slowly, "Ne?"
 
Again, the deep and cold voice, "Dream of me, Sora. I will make you never forget me."
 
I freeze. That voice is so frightening. I hear a clicked sound. Someone is trying to open my door, I can hear it even though I'm in my bedroom.
 
The phone line has closed.
 
I hear a loud sound; someone is knocking on my door. Slowly and then louder and louder.
 
I can feel my heart is beating faster; I'm scared. I close my ears but I still can hear the loud voice as if someone is trying to break into my room.
 
But then the voice stops.
 
Silence again.
 
I step out of my bed slowly, walk to the door without making a noise. I'm trembling.
 
I never felt this way before. This frightening feeling.
 
I open the door but no one's there. It's an empty corridor.
 
I sigh and think maybe it's just a drunk person who realizes that he's knocking the wrong room. I turn my body, ready to hit my bed again when a hand taps on my shoulder.
 
I feel like my heart stops beating.

Photobucket