23 The Confession

So Sweet, So Simple
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"Wake up!" Doojoon shakes my body. "Wake up, you birthday boy!"
 
I groan and refuse to open my eyes. I know it's my birthday today but I'm way too lazy to get up from my bed. I turn around, giving my back to him.
 
"Fine," he gives up. "I'll let you sleep again. We're leaving to have a breakfast with Sora then."
 
I open my eyes after I heard Sora's name. I jump out from my bed and grab my clothes. I can see Doojoon smirks; he knew it all along that I will rush to prepare after I heard him.
 
"You're the last!" I hear Doojoon shouts from my room. "Sora is waiting!"
 
We will have another preparation for the new album today after breakfast. Well, birthday doesn't mean free day. I'll be good with it. After all I have the members to celebrate my birthday... and Sora as well.
 
There's something I need to do today.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I'm waiting for the BEAST members in front of their room. Hyunseung told me that we will have breakfast together before their meeting for new album preparation.
 
I don't need to go with them but Hyunseung asked me to spend the day with them since today is Gikwang's birthday. I rearranged all my schedule and made today as my free day. That's all I can do for him.
 
I'm bringing my DSLR with me, knowing that I need to take pictures of them today.
 
I've bought a birthday present for Gikwang. I bought it yesterday after my meeting with my client.
 
It's a black knit hat, similar to the one I saw he wore. I made a request so it has his name written on it. I hope he will like it.
 
I yawn. I don't sleep enough last night. Another prank call happened again at midnight. Since I never turned off my phone, it's totally bothering me.
 
"Hey," Yoseob greets me. He opens the door and I can see Hyunseung and Dongwoon are standing behind me.
 
"We're ready," Doojoon shouts from inside. "Sorry for waiting."
 
"The birthday boy is too lazy!" Junhyung continues.
 
"Hey!" I hear Gikwang complaints.
 
The others laugh when they hear Gikwang's complaint.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
We're already done with our meeting at 4 PM. Manager gives us free times to spend, especially today is Gikwang's birthday. He drops us back at our apartment because Gikwang said that he prefers to spend his birthday with the members.
 
"Saengil chukkahamnida~ Saengil chukkahamnida~" I sing to Gikwang when Hyunseung brings out a birthday cake for him.
 
We're sitting on the main room, gather around the table. Hyunseung puts the cake on the table. Gikwang smiles happily while Sora takes pictures with her camera.
 
Gikwang closes his eyes, making his birthday wish and then blows off the candles. We clap for him, showering him with greetings.
 
"For you," Sora hands out a paperbag to Gikwang. Gikwang accepts it with a really happy smile on his face.
 
"I want the cake!" Junhyung says out loud.
 
Gikwang laughs and starts to slice the cake. He gives the first slice to Sora, making us start to .
 
"Ah, Gikwang is so sweet~" Doojoon laughs.
 
"I want to be Gikwang's little sister too~" Hyunseung continues and laughs along with others.
 
Gikwang doesn't say anything but he laughs too. Sora eats the cake in silence but she has a smile on her face.
 
The only difference I notice in her face is she looks really tired. Did she sleep well lately?
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I help Hyunseung clean out the room around 8 PM. We had dinner together and they told me to take a good rest because they will have another hectic schedule tomorrow.
 
"Wait," Gikwang stops me when I'm going to leave their room. Hyunseung bid me goodbye before leaving me with Gikwang.
 
"Can I talk to you?" he asks with a nervous tone. "At your room?"
 
I nod and walk to my room. He steps inside and I close the door. We sit on the sofa as usual; it's been a while since the last time we sat together like this.
 
"Thank you," he mutters, "for the present. I love it."
 
Ah, he has opened the present, "I'm glad you like it."
 
I smile at him and he smiles back at me. Is that all he want to say?
 
"I...," he pauses for a second. "I need you to answer my question honestly."
 
I tilt my head.
 
"Do you like Yoseob?" he asks, making me really confused.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I've decided it since the night I almost kissed her. I realized that she means more than a little sister for me. Well, at first, I looked at her as my little sister but as time goes by, she fills my mind.
 
The way my heart beats faster when she's around. The uneasy feeling when she's blushing around Yoseob. Her existence is really important to me.
 
It's been two months since she appeared in our lives. She is closer with us now but I only feel insecure when she's with Yoseob.
 
Today, at my birthday, I must make sure of everything if I don't want to lose her.
 
"Do you like Yoseob?" I blurt out the question. I look right at her eyes, waiting for her answer.
 
"Why do you ask?" is her respond. My heart sinks. I was hoping she would answer 'no' right after I asked.
 
"Do you or do you not?" I ask again. I need to get her answer.
 
She shakes her head, "What are you thinking?"
 
I cough a little, "I'm thinking about you."
 
She looks, surprised by my words. I mean it.
 
"I think," I encourage myself, "I've fallen for you."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"I think I've fallen for you," he says.
 
My heart skips a beat when I hear it. What does he mean?
 
He reaches out his hand, touching my cheek with his fingers, "I always think of you. Every day. Every night."
 
I feel my cheeks are burning. No way. He's not confessing to me, isn't he?
 
"I...," he stops, coughing as if he lost his voice.
 
"Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
 
I freeze. Did my hearing deceive me?
 
Did he just confess to me?
 
"Don't," I try to respond while my heart is beating really fast, "tease me."
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"Don't tease me," Sora says.
 
I clench my fist. I just confessed my feeling to her and she thinks I'm teasing her?!
 
I pull her into my hug and whisper, "I'm serious. How can I make you believe that I'm serious?"
 
I let go of her; she is blushing and looking away from me. I know she is speechless. If only I can tell her about what I think about her, about how much she means for me, about my feeling to her.
 
Unfortunately I'm not good at words.
 
I smile at her, patting her head gently, "You don't need to hurry. I will wait until you can give me an answer."
 
She doesn't respond. I know it's so sudden but I can't hold on this feeling anymore. I'm afraid that I will lose her if I don't tell her about my feeling.
 
I lean closer to her and land a kiss on her forehead. I can feel her sweet scent, making me don't want to pull away from her.
 
"Thank you," I stand up, "for celebrating my birthday."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Here I am, standing on the rooftop. Gikwang left my room after the confession. He told me to take a good rest.
 
"See you tomorrow~ ^^"
 
He sent me a text message after he went back to his room. After I read that message, I couldn't sleep. I decided to go the rooftop, hoping the night breeze will make me feel sleepy.
 
It's my third time to come here. I can see the stars from here.
 
"Ah, what should I do?" I mumble to myself. I admit that there are men who had confessed to me but Gikwang is totally an exception.
 
He confessed to me directly, asking me to be his girlfriend in person. I thought his special attention for me was only attention for a little sister. Looks like I was wrong.
 
Strangely enough, when he asked me about my feeling to Yoseob, I couldn't answer. Why did he even ask about Yoseob?
 
I turn around when I hear someone is closing the door behind me.
 
"Wow, you're here," Yoseob grins at me. He is wearing a brown jacket and navy knit hat.
 
"Can't sleep, eh?" he walks to me, stands next to me and looks at the night sky.
 
"I guess so," I mutter. He is the last person I want to see right now. My head is too messy right now.
 
"Well," he turns to me, "looks like you love this special spot too."
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I couldn't sleep so I decided to pay a visit to my special spot for a while. I'm glad that I found her here. I thought it's someone else. At least it means she like to spend her times at my special spot too. 
 
She looks deep in her thoughts. I surprise her with my aegyo act; puffing my cheek and making a bird sound.
 
She holds her laugh and finally smiles at me. I like it better when she's smiling.
 
"Do you want to share something?" I ask. Maybe I can help her, even just a little. I know I'm not as close with her like Gikwang, but I do listen to people when I need to.
 
She bites her bottom lip. I wait for her to say something; I know she wants to say something but she doesn't know how to say it.
 
"Gikwang...," she starts.
 
She pauses. I tilt my head, waiting for her continuation.
 
"Gikwang just asked me to be his girlfriend," she continues.
 
"Wow!" I make a surprised expression. Well, I am really surprised. Gikwang confessed to her! I should have known it!
 
"Then?" I ask, curious about her answer. "What do you say?"
 
She looks at me, "What do you think I need to say?"
 
I cross my arms. Why does she ask me about what she should say to Gikwang? She is the one who will be his girlfriend, not me.
 
"Well," I respond, "you and Gikwang will make a great couple."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I don't know why I'm asking Yoseob but I don't know who I can talk to. Part of me wants to know Yoseob's reaction too.
 
"Well, you and Gikwang will make a great couple."
 
When I hear his respond, I feel really disappointed. I don't know why but my heart is aching.
 
What do I expect from him?
 
He notices something is wrong with me. He approaches me and asks, trying to touch my cheek with his hand, "What's wrong, Sora?"
 
I step back quickly. I don't want him to touch me. I have enough messy thoughts in my head. It hurts so much. Really hurt.
 
Before I even realize, a single tear escapes from my eyes.
 
"Sora...," Yoseob looks confused.
 
"Good night," I whisper and leave the rooftop.
 
He tries to stop me but I pull my hand away from him. I can't look at him. Not now.
 
"Don't," I hiss. "I want to be alone."
 
By that, he stands in his place, letting me go back to my room.
 
My heart is still aching.
 
I close my door behind me. I don't cry but I knew a tear has escaped when I was with Yoseob up there.
 
Why? Why does it feel hurt?

Photobucket