27 The Box

So Sweet, So Simple
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I wear my black jacket. It's already 8 in the morning now.
 
"Wow, you're awake," Junhyung mutters. He just woke up from his sleep.
 
"I'm going to have a breakfast with Sora," I grin. I texted her around an hour ago and she replied it pretty fast.
 
"Sure. Tell me when you're ready."
 
I just sent a text message to her, telling her that I'll be waiting for her outside. I walk to the door, smiling and thinking about my official first date with Sora this morning.
 
Hey, it's a date, right?
 
"Hey," Yoseob greets me. He is wearing his shoes, complete with his white jacket and a black cap.
 
"Hey," I don't hide my surprise when I find him ready to go somewhere. "Where are you going?"
 
"Bookstore," he stands up.
 
"Since when did you love books?" I and he hits my shoulder playfully after I said that.
 
"Where are you going?" he asks me back, opening the door while I'm wearing my shoes.
 
"Breakfast with Sora," I'm done with my shoelaces.
 
I notice he stops his movement all of a sudden.
 
"What?" I follow him, stepping outside from our room. I close the door after him, looking at him with curiosity.
 
"Nothing," Yoseob grins. "No wonder you could wake up this morning!"
 
Both of us are laughing when Sora is opening her door. She is wearing a gray jacket and white scarf around her neck. I think I've seen the white scarf somewhere.

Sora closes her door and looks at something under her feet.
 
Ah, there is a box next to her door. I don't notice that before.
 
She bends down and picks up the box. It's wrapped in black without any card or information about the sender.
 
I exchange looks with Yoseob. He shrugs and gives me a sign to approach Sora.
 
"What's that?" Yoseob asks.
 
"I don't know," Sora tries to examine the box. She tries to find something from the cover but she finds nothing.
 
She rips the black wrapper and reveals a brown box inside. She opens it but less than three seconds, she drops the box down and takes a step back, bumping herself with Yoseob.
 
The box hits the floor. There are dried roses and a torn teddy bear inside the box. They fell out from the box when Sora dropped it down. I look at them with my dropped jaw.
 
"Stop," I hear Yoseob is whispering to Sora.
 
Just right when I want to cheer her up, she turns her back and clutches to Yoseob.
 
Yoseob looks at me. He looks uneasy while Sora doesn't let go of him. I know she is shocked because of the scary box.
 
But I should be the one who is hugged by her, shouldn't I?
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
The box hits the floor, revealing dried roses and a torn teddy bear from inside. I can see a piece of paper inside the teddy bear, but before I can try to take the paper, I stop myself when I see Sora is starting to bite her lip again.
 
"Stop," I whisper to her so Gikwang can't hear me.
 
She turns and hugs me all of a sudden. She clutches on my shirt, burying her head on my chest. I notice that she is wearing my white scarf, the one I gave her when we're recording On Rainy Days on Valentine Day.
 
Wait, wait. Gikwang is glaring at me now. What should I do?
 
She hugs me tighter; I know she is really scared right now. She never hugged me before. I try my best so I don't blush because of her; at least not in front of Gikwang.
 
"Hey, hey," I pat her head gently. Gikwang is still glaring at me.
 
"It's alright, it's alright," I try to comfort her. I give a sign to Gikwang that there's a paper inside of the teddy bear.
 
Gikwang notices my sign and looks at the teddy bear. He bends down and takes the paper from it. He reads it and his eyes are widened.
 
I make a movement with my mouth, asking what's written on the paper while Sora is giving her back to Gikwang.
 
He shows the paper to me.
 
"I told you, I can give you more beautiful roses than them.
 
This is only the start. I'll give you more."
 
Gikwang quickly crumples up the paper when Sora loosen her embrace of me. She doesn't blush; her face is pale now.
 
"Sorry," she mutters. She doesn't look at me; she is looking at the ground.
 
She looks like she is going to cry.

It makes me want to pull her into my hug again, to do my favorite tretament to her, to kiss her hair, to feel her scent, to caress her cheek, to kiss her cheek, to feel her warm hands.
 
I don't care if she will think that I'm cruel for teasing her, but I like her better when she's smiling. I don't want to see her expression like now.
 
But I can't do that.
 
By Gikwang's explanation yesterday, Sora has accepted the deal to be his girlfriend for a month. Even though I can do that to my little sister, I can't do that to my best friend's girlfriend, right?
 
Gikwang approaches her from behind and pats her head, "I'm here."
 
He looks at me deeply and I mutter an apologize silently. I do feel guilty but she is the one who hugged me!
 
Ah, Sora starts to bite her lower lip again.
 
Gikwang doesn't notice it; he takes her hand and kisses her forehead gently. Sora stops her bad habit but she still doesn't blush like what she always did.
 
"If you don't feel like to have a breakfast now, it's alright," Gikwang mumbles.
 
Sora doesn't say anything.
 
Gikwang kisses her forehead again; this time he even closes his eyes, breathing deeply and inhaling her scent.
 
This time I feel something strange. I can't explain it. It just feels so strange.
 
I know how it feels; her hair, her scent, her soft skin.
 
"Let's go," Sora says, making Gikwang breaks the kiss on her forehead.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I'm really frightened now. Last night the knocks have made me really scared but that box is way too frightening.
 
The dried roses are so horrible. The teddy bear was torned until its head almost severed from the body. It doesn't have an eye.
 
I hate it. I really hate it.
 
I don't want to see it so I try to block my view from it. I can't even think clearly; I hug Yoseob who is standing right behind me. I don't even focus on what he's trying to say.
 
After a moment, my senses return and I let go of Yoseob, embarassed by myself but still scared because of the horrible gift.
 
"Sorry," I mutter.
 
I feel Gikwang pats my head, "I'm here."
 
I don't even try to turn back and look at Gikwang; I don't want to look at anything right now. I even haven't see their face since I was too focused at the box.
 
"If you don't feel like to have a breakfast now, it's alright," he says softly. He kisses my forehead, trying to comfort me.
 
But it doesn't change anything.
 
I have a really bad feeling now yet I don't want it to ruin my day.
 
He kisses my forehead again, deeper and longer. I can feel that he's worrying about me and I don't want to bother him with my problem.
 
"Let's go," I decide.
 
He smiles, "If you say so."
 
Finally I look at Yoseob and he gives me a gentle smile, "Go. I'll clean up the mess."
 
Ah, he's right. The box.
 
I turn my face to look at the box but Gikwang covers my eyes with his right hand. His hand feels so warm on my cold skin.
 
"Don't," he says. "Yoseob will help you with it."
 
I nod slowly and I turn my body so I can't look at the box. Gikwang pats my head and tilts his head, "Come on."
 
I look at Yoseob once again before I left, flashing him a smile and mutters, "Thanks."
 
He waves at me and I walk to the elevator with Gikwang.
 
Please, this day can't be worse.

Photobucket