31 A Rescue

So Sweet, So Simple
[Sora's POV]
 
I don't know how many hours have passed since I've been kidnapped. I don't know whether it's day or night now. I don't know what I can do now.
 
I want to get out from here. My wrists are hurting because I've been trying to force my hands out from the handcuffs so I can run away from here, but it's useless.
 
It feels like time has stopped since I've been left alone here. It's dark. It's silence.
 
I'm still trying my best to think clearly, not letting myself to be caught by darkness, but I don't know how long I can keep myself like this.
 
Someone opens the door.
 
I flinch and then the horror fills the air again. It's Changsun... or at least I think so.
 
Something is different from him. When I met him at his 22nd birthday party, he is definitely not this insane. He comes from a rich family, gentleman, and polite. Is it really him?
 
Changsun holds a candle in his hand and an oil can with his other hand. He gives me a lunatic smile and then he walks to the corner of the room and starts to pour the oil. He pours the oil until the whole room smell like an oil warehouse.
 
What is he doing?

I have a really, really bad feeling now.
 
"You know," he puts the oil can on the table. "You and I are destined to be together."
 
I don't say anything. My intuition is telling me that this person is dangerous.
 
"Since my birthday, I know how beautiful you are. I know you are belong with me. I try to look for you everywhere," he sits next to me, still holding a burning candle in his hand. "But I hate it the most when I look at your photographs of those silly men. The BEAST. I hate them."
 
"But now," he touches my neck with his fingers, making me shiver. "They will never have you."
 
He stands up and steps to the corner of the room, where he has poured the oil in the first place and drops the burning candle on the floor, making me gasp when I realize what he is doing.
 
"We'll be together, forever," he grins.
 
In a second, the whole room is surrounded by the fire.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Here we are," Changsun says.
 
We just arrived at an big old house. I notice that this house must be burnt years ago. Looks like it was a big fire.
 
Gikwang rushes to the gate and enters the room without us.
 
"Wait!" Doojoon follows him behind. "Don't go by yourself!"
 
But Gikwang ignores us. He opens the door and walks into the house. We follow him quickly and find out something weird about the house.
 
The lights are still working even though they are really dim. Even Changsun looks amazed when we find out this strange fact.
 
"I think Changmin came here a lot," Changsun examines the house slowly but Gikwang is glaring at him, making him stops himself from the nostalgia.
 
"Our room is upstair," Changsun coughs a little.
 
Without any warning, Gikwang leaves us to the upper floor. I run and step on the stairs carefully. It's my first time to see Gikwang like this. I bet he is really worried about Sora now. Well, me too.
 
We stop when we look at a flash of light from one of the doors. It's not a dim light. It's flame.
 
Gikwang tries to break down the door but it's locked.
 
"Sora!" Gikwang shouts. "Sora, are you there?"
 
"Don't you dare!" we can hear a man is screaming from inside. His voice is filled with anger and frustration.
 
"Sora!" I can't help myself from calling out her name. Now I'm sure she's inside with that crazy person.
 
The rest of us and Changsun are behind us. Gikwang and I try to break down the door and I can feel the hot because of the burning flame inside of the room.
 
Doojoon and Junhyung take over my place and help Gikwang. Finally the door collapses and we are looking at a burning room.
 
The door starts to be eaten by the flame as well. My eyes stop when I see Sora is tied to the bed with a man, exactly looks like Changsun, is choking her neck.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Sora! Sora, are you there?" I hear Gikwang's voice.
 
I want to answer him but Changsun stops me. He puts his hands around my neck and chokes me, "Don't you dare!"
 
I can hardly breath.
 
"Sora!" Now I hear Yoseob's voice.
 
The door finally collapses down and I can see Gikwang with the rest of the BEAST members. My eyes start to be blurry because Changsun hasn't let go of me.
 
"Sora!" Yoseob tries to walk through the fire but a man, who looks exactly like Changsun who kidnapped me, pulls him away from the fire.
 
"Don't!" he says and he turns to look at me.
 
"Changmin!" he shouts and I feel the hands off from my neck. What? He's not Changsun?
 
"Stop it!" the man I think is the real Changsun shouts. "Sora doesn't has anything to do with you!"
 
"She belongs with me!" Changmin shouts and laughs, making me shiver because of horror even though it's really hot now.
 
The next think I know that he is picking a scissor which I didn't notice was there before on the table next to the bed and hisses, "This will be our memories together."
 
He cuts my hair with the scissor. I want to scream but I can't; I'm too terrified.
 
Suddenly Gikwang walks through the fire, ignoring the burning flame and knocks down Changmin until he hits the floor hard enough to make him fall unconscious.
 
The other members try to put down the fire with their jackets. Changsun is calling someone with his phone while Gikwang is trying to release me from the handcuffs but he can't.
 
"Wait, wait," Gikwang turns and tries to search for the key in Changmin's pocket. He finds the silver key and quickly puts it in the key hole.
 
I cough because of the smoke. I notice that the other members are still trying to put down the fire and it does work a little.
 
"I've called the fire brigade!" I hear Changsun's voice and then a clicked sound of the handcuffs.
 
Gikwang pulls me into his hug and whispers to me, "You're safe now. I'm here."
 
Before I could even try to control my emotion, I start to cry.
 
Relieved because I know everything will be alright the moment when I saw the BEAST members. Glad that I know it's over now.
 
To be honest, when I heard Yoseob's voice calling my name, a part of me was hoping that he would be the one who saved me.
 
But in the reality, it's Gikwang. It's him who was walking through the fire. It's him who is hugging me. It's him who is here for me.
 
I hug him. I don't care about everything now.
 
I cry in his hug.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
It's been almost an hour since we saved Sora. The fire brigade came over a moment after Changsun's call. There are staffs from mental hospital came over as well after the fire brigade arrived. I think Changsun called them.
 
We are waiting outside, waiting for Changsun who is talking to a man from the mental hospital. Changmin is tied with a jacket. He is struggling to let go of the jacket.
 
"Sora is mine!" he shouts and laughs again.

I can feel Sora moves a little in my hug. Since she released from the handcuffs, she has hugged me and doesn't want to let me go. She clutches on my shirt but I don't mind at all.
 
She was crying when she hugged me inside. I thought she was really scared. Of course, she was. She was kidnapped by a lunatic person who almost burned themselves together.
 
That was the first time I ever saw her cry. I wiped away her tears, making me feel that I must protect her more and more, making me remember that I really, really love her.
 
"Don't hear him," I hug her tighter.
 
Changsun walks to us and bows deeply, "I'm so sorry for what he did, Sora. I will make sure he will never ever come to your life again."
 
"He better!" Yoseob hisses.
 
Changsun bows at him and looks at Doojoon, "I'll make sure there will be no news spreading around about this incident. Don't worry."
 
Doojoon nods and bows as his gratitude. Changsun gives his last bow and leaves with Changmin along with the mental hospital staffs.
 
"Sora," Hyunseung pats her head as gentle as he can. I loosen my hug. I know they are really worried about her too.
 
Sora has finally calm down. She lets herself being hugged by Hyunseung. After that, Doojoon comes over and puts his arm on her shoulder, pulling her close and says, "You'll be fine."
 
Dongwoon holds her hand and mutters, "I'm glad you're alright."
 
Junhyung doesn't say anything but he pats her head softly and gives her a comforting smile.
 
Yoseob approaches her after all of them have moved away. The uneasy feeling comes again but I hold it inside.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I look at Sora in silence. one by one of our members approaches her and tries to comfort her. Gikwang is looking at them, still having the worried expression on his face.
 
After everyone moved away, I walk to her and reach out my hand. I move away her hair behind her ear like what I always did. That lunatic person has cut the left side of her hair really short. She had a really long hair, almost down to her waist but her left side hair is almost up to her shoulder now.
 
"I'm sorry we didn't find you earlier," I say with apologetic tone.
 
I mean it. If only we found her earlier, she won't lose her hair. She looks really scared because of the incident. No one can blame her.
 
I notice Gikwang's eyes of me and I let go of her hair. I remember what Gikwang did for her; walking through the fire to save her. I wanted to do it as well but Changsun stopped me.
 
When Sora hugged him and I saw she's crying for the first time; well, actually I've seen her tear once when she told me that Gikwang confessed to her, I feel that my heart was breaking into pieces yet I don't know why I felt that way.
 
I just feel like she will be so faraway from me.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Yoseob moves away my short left side hair behind my ear like what he always did. But he can't trail my hair anymore and kiss it. He lets go of my hair and caresses my cheek without saying anything.
 
He gives me an apologetic smile.
 
When I see that smile, something inside of me wants to ask him, why wasn't it him who walked through the fire for me?
 
Gikwang holds my hand and I turn to look at him. He gives me his sincere smile and says, "Let's go home."
 
I feel really embarassed because I cried in front of them. I never cried in front of people before. I don't even remember the last time I cried. But I did cry in his hug.
 
I realize that I'm really lucky to be loved by him.
 
"Yeah, let's go back," Doojoon pats my head. Hyunseung flashes me a smile and Dongwoon grins at me. Junhyung pats my back gently.
 
I finally give a smile when I see Yoseob is trying to act aegyo; he makes peace signs with his hands and puts them on his head, acting as if he is a rabbit.
 
Gikwang holds my hand tighter and leads me to the car.
 
I remember that they've told me that they're so lucky to have me as their personal photographer.
 
But it's me.
 
It's me who is really lucky to have them.
 
As my client. As my family.
 
As a part of my life.

Photobucket