33 When You Say Nothing At All

So Sweet, So Simple

 

[Gikwang's POV]
 
Three weeks have passed since Sora's kidnapping incident. Three weeks more to go until our new album will be released.
 
"Sora, are you free tomorrow?" Hyunseung asks her when we're gathering in our main room, watching TV after the dinner.
 
Sora is sitting next to me. She always sits next to me since the incident; yes, we are getting closer by each day passed. I'm so glad that she is closer to me now even though I still feel the uneasy feeling when I see Yoseob is looking at Sora.
 
"Why?" she asks, not answering Hyunseung's question.
 
"Well, we're free tomorrow so I think of having fun tonight," Hyunseung winks at Yoseob but Yoseob frowns, doesn't understand about what Hyunseung is talking about.
 
"How about karaoke till midnight?" Hyunseung tells us his plan.
 
"SURE!" Yoseob stands up, excited with the plan. He is dancing with his aegyo and Dongwoon follows him. I notice that Sora is holding her laugh because of their acts.
 
"What do you think?" Doojoon asks her.
 
Well, we love to go to karaoke. After all, it's been a while since we went to karaoke because of our schedule. Come to think of it, I never heard Sora's singing before.
 
"I'm in," I raise my hand and wink at her.
 
She smiles at me and then answers, "Then I'm in too."
 
"Yes!" Hyunseung stands up. "Let's go!"
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"First song! Done!" Hyunseung puts down the microphone.
 
We're already in the VIP karaoke room. Hyunseung has called the owner before we went here. Doojoon takes another microphone and sings the second song with Junhyung.
 
I'm looking through the song list when I notice Sora is talking to Gikwang about a song they can sing as a duet.
 
A week has passed since I notice my feeling to her. I think I know why my heart is aching when I see her together with Gikwang, why I feel uneasy when she is smiling for Gikwang, why I have the butterflies in my stomach when I hear her voice calling out my name.
 
I'm not supposed to fall for her.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Do you want to sing a song together?" Gikwang asks me when Doojoon and Junhyung are singing together.
 
I smile and answer, "I don't have a good voice."
 
"It's not a matter of a good voice or not," Gikwang tells me. "The only thing that matter is you want to sing it sincerely."
 
Before I could even answer him, Dongwoon moves next to me and says, "I just picked When You Say Nothing At All. Do you want to sing with me?"
 
I tilt my head and smile at him, "Sure."
 
"Wait!" Gikwang stands up, making Doojoon and Junhyung stop their singing. "It's not fair."
 
Dongwoon laughs and Gikwang shakes his head playfully, "I should be the one to do the duet!"
 
"Let's pick a song to sing with Sora," Hyunseung gives an idea. "Each of us will a song to sing with her. Sora, you have heard us sing but now it's our turn."
 
I nod, "Sure. It's fair."
 
All of them make surprised expressions because of my agreement.
 
The second song has finished. It's Dongwoon's turn now. He gives me one of the microphones, "Come on."
 
I pick the microphone and stand next to him, coughing a little. I never went to karaoke with others than my sister. It's been years since the last time I went to karaoke but I do love music; I admit it.
 
The song starts.
 
 
[Dongwoon's POV]
 
I'm glad she accepts our idea to have her sing together with us. I'm the first one to sing with her, even Gikwang is jealous of me.
 
I love this song. I picked the Ronan Keating version; the music video is beautiful.
 
She looks at me and gives me a gesture to let me sing the first verse,
"It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart 
Without saying a word you can light up the dark 
Try as I may I can never explain 
What I hear when you don't say a thing"
 
I smile when I'm done with the verse. I think this song is really beautiful and fits Sora really well. She doesn't talk much but her smile once in a while does brighten up atmosphere around us.
 
She sings with me for the refrain part,
"The smile on your face lets me know that you need me 
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me 
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all"
 
Wow, her voice is good enough. I nod at her, letting her continue,
"All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near (oh, hold me near) 
You drown out the crowd (drown out crowd) 
Try as they may, they can never defy 
What's been said between your heart and mine"
 
I notice the rest of our members clap for her, for her soft voice. The best thing of her singing is she sings truly.
 
We sing together again,
"The smile on your face lets me know that you need me 
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me 
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all… oh"
 
I look at her. This song perfectly fits her. She doesn't need to say anything to make Gikwang falls for her.
 
Her eyes, her smile, her cuteness.
 
Ah, Dongwoon, don't fall for her. She is your little sister. I shove the silly thought and continues the last refrain with her together,
"Oh, the smile on your face lets me know that you need me 
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me 
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all 
 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all 
(The smile on your face) 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all 
(The truth in your eyes) 
(The touch of your hand) 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all 
(Let me know that you need me) 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all (nothing at all) 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all (nothing at all) 
You say it best, when you say nothing at all (nothing at all)"
 
We clap together when we've finished the song. She bows to me, thanking me for singing with her. It's me the one who needs to thank her.
 
"You know," I whisper to her ear carefully so Gikwang, who is looking through the song list won't notice me, "you're still the best, even when you say nothing at all."
 
She smiles shyly because of my words.
 
I pat her and take a seat, waiting for the next song.
 
Gikwang is really lucky to have her.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Dongwoon has a really beautiful voice. The song he picked was really beautiful as well.
 
"You're good, Sora," Hyunseung compliments me. "I really need to do duet with you!"
 
I smile at him, "I'm the luckiest person in the world to have duets with all BEAST members, am I?"
 
Doojoon hands me the microphone, "It's my turn."
 
I stand up again and take the microphone from him.
 
Tonight will be a long night.