19 My Precious

So Sweet, So Simple
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"What's wrong?" Sora snaps me out of my thought.
 
"Ah," I'm speechless. She just told me that her sister's fiancee was her first love and she asked me about what's wrong?
 
Sora tilts her head, examining my face as if she's trying to figure out about what I'm thinking. I reach out my hand, slowly touch her cheek.
 
I feel uneasy when I heard about the fact. I feel uncomfortable every time she looked at Junghwa in silence. I'm afraid that I will... lose her?
 
What are you thinking, Gikwang? He's not yours.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Gikwang touches my cheek. He has a sad expression on his face; he's looking at me but not focusing at all.
 
I take a step closer to him and cup his face with my hands, making him looks at me, "Don't make your own assumption in your own world."
 
I put one of my hands on my hip and smiles softly at him, "I told you, he was my first love. It's the past. I'm all good with him now."
 
"The way you look at him...," Gikwang mutters but I cut his words, "I think of him as my brother. That's all."
 
He frowns. Looks like he doesn't believe me. I sigh and turn back to enter the apartment. He follows me behind and both of us step inside the elevator. He looks at me, doesn't dare to say anything because I keep silence.
 
After we arrive in my room, he hesitates to step inside. I shrug and walk inside, leaving the door opened. I sit on the sofa, opening my notebook and browse through some folders.
 
A minute later, Gikwang sits next to me; he has closed my door and decided to talk with me. I thought he would leave with his own assumptions.
 
"I met him before my sister met him," I start talking. He looks at me, listening carefully. "He's a senior at my college. I was the one who introduced him to my sister. He's the first man who's being really gentle to me. He's there when I needed someone to talk. He's there when I needed someone to lean on."
 
I turn to look at Gikwang. He still give me a sad eyes; a pitiful eyes.
 
I smile at him, trying to make him relax, "He was the first model of my DSLR."
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
She smiles at me, as if she's trying to tell me that she's alright, "He was the first model of my DSLR."
 
I'm surprised. From her story, looks like Junghwa is a really important person in her life. Well, sure he is. He was her first love!
 
She clicks some folders in her notebook and then show me a picture of Sohyun and Junghwa. Junghwa was standing next to Sohyun while Sohyun was sitting on a park bench. Both of them were not looking at the camera. Junghwa was looking at Sohyun with such gentle eyes. Sohyun was holding a red rose in her hand, smiling happily because of the rose.
 
"Since I took this picture," Sora closes the picture, "I know they're meant to be together."
 
Silence.
 
Ugh, I don't know what to say. She told me about her first love. Her first love is her own sister's fiancee.
 
"I'm not going to fight with my sister," she leans back to the sofa after putting her notebook on the table. "I'm happy when I see them together."
 
I don't know why but she's not telling me truth. At least not 100% truth. Somewhere in her voice, she's hurting. Hurting because her sister is the one Junghwa loves. Hurting because she must accept the fact that Junghwa will marry her sister soon. Hurting because she can do nothing.
 
"My sister is so lucky," Sora closes her eyes. "She always deserve better than me."
 
There is a curve of smile on her lip. A really sincere but full of sorrow.
 
Something crosses my mind.
 
Suddenly I kneel on the sofa, using my right leg to hold my body so I can look at Sora from above. I touch her left cheek with my right hand. I put my left arm next to her right ear, trying to hold my body so I won't press her.
 
She opens her eyes, looks really shocked because of what I'm doing. I use my right fingers so she looks up to me.
 
"I think you deserve much better than anyone," I whisper slowly.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I lean back to the sofa and close my eyes. I still remember the first time I met Junghwa. I guess it's true that women won't forget their first love at all.
 
I smile when I remember it. The next thing I know is I feel Gikwang moves and something is pressing the sofa, right next to my right ear. I open my eyes and find Gikwang is kneeling on the sofa with his right leg trying to get a hold on his body.
 
He touches my cheek and then moves his fingers so I look at his eyes directly.
 
"I think you deserve much better than anyone," he whispers slowly.
 
I blush. I try to look away but he holds on my chin with his fingers, not letting me go. I close my eyes; I can't think of anything right now.
 
Suddenly he lets go and back with his position. He leans back to the sofa, closes his eyes and mutters, "Sorry."
 
I look at him. He covers his eyes with his right arm. He doesn't smile.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
When she closes her eyes, I realize that I'm doing something silly. I pull my hand away and sit back next to her. I lean my back on the sofa, close my eyes with my right arm, "Sorry."
 
What am I thinking?
 
She's going to be mad at me. I'm so stupid!
 
But I can't help myself when she showed me that smile; the smile as if she's hurting, as if she doesn't deserve any good in her life. I want to show her that she deserves better. I want to show her that I can give her so much better things.
 
I clench my fist, try to shove the random thoughts away.
 
"I'm so sorry," I mutter again, putting down my arm but I still close my eyes. She doesn't say anything but I can feel that she is still sitting right next to me.
 
"Don't be," after I hear her voice, I feel her head resting on my shoulder. I open my eyes. She is resting her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes and smiling.
 
"Thank you for listening," she mumbles. "I'm glad to have you here."
 
I smile. The uneasy feeling flies away.
 
I put my head on hers and whispers, "I'm glad too."
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
It's been an hour since Sohyun and Junghwa left the apartment yet Gikwang still hasn't returned to his room. Looks like he's at Sora's room again.
 
"Oi," Doojoon calls me from the main room. I leave the kitchen after grabbed a glass of water and take a seat next to him. He is watching a reality show on TV with Hyunseung.
 
"What?" I ask.
 
"Hmm," Doojoon looks away from the TV. He crosses his arms and acts as if he's thinking about something difficult.
 
"Spill it out!" I laugh.
 
"About Gikwang and Sora," he mutters and I stop my laugh. What's with them? Is there another gossip spreading around the internet again?
 
"I think we must ask Gikwang what will we give to Sora for White Day," Doojoon grins at me. Geez, I think he would say something else!
 
I look at the calendar on my phone. Well, it's White Day next week. We're not the type of person who celebrate White Day but we love celebrations. We all do.
 
I shrug, "Anything will do. I don't think she even remember about White Day."
 
"That's totally the point!" Hyunseung points at me. "We will give her surprise!"
 
"But we have a schedule for interview that day," Doojoon says. "Late night interview. It's around 9 PM and we have dance practice in the evening."
 
Silence.
 
"So?" I ask, breaking the silence.
 
Doojoon gives me a devil smirk, "We need a plan to make sure she is going to know nothing about our surprise."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I rest my head on Gikwang's shoulder for more than thirty minutes. I'm not sleeping but I feel really comfortable just sitting next to him. He has some similarities with Junghwa.
 
Their gentle smile. Their caring personality. Junghwa just more quiet than Gikwang while Gikwang acts more innocent than Junghwa.
 
"You know," Gikwang suddenly speaks up. Ah, he's not sleeping. He moves his head a little so I can take my head off from his shoulder.
 
"I think you're the lucky one," he looks at me when saying it. "You're the one who can be our personal photographer and not your sister."
 
I smile when I hear it. He's being a little bit arrogant, isn't he?
 
He gives me a confused look, "What? That's right!"
 
I nod and smile, holding my laugh, "Sure, you're right."
 
"And," he continues, patting my head, "you're the one I really care about. You're really precious."
 
I blush. Does he know what he meant by that words?
 
Stop it, Sora, he's treating you as his sister.
 
Of course he cares about me.

Photobucket