28 The Voice

So Sweet, So Simple
[Sora's POV]
 
I can't concentrate of anything. Gikwang has ordered me a sandwich for my breakfast at a cafe near our apartment. He only ordered a cup of coffee for himself.
 
"Are you going to eat it?" he asks me.
 
I am staring at the sandwich but my mind is wandering somewhere. I snap back to reality and take the fork, start to take a bite of the sandwich.
 
He looks at me as if he is examining my face. I don't have appetite right now but I don't want to be rude. Gikwang is trying to cheer me up and I don't want to hurt his feeling.
 
"Do you want to tell me something?" he says with his chin resting on his right hand.
 
I shake my head and take another bite of the sandwich.
 
"Don't you believe me?" I freeze when I hear his question.
 
Ah, what should I say to him?
 
I clear my throat, trying to arrange the good explanation to him. I tell him about the prank calls, the creepy person who called me, and the loud knocks last night.
 
"Why didn't you tell me?" he looks shocked after he listened my explanation.
 
I jump a little because of his sudden respond. He looks really worried now; that's why I didn't want to tell him. I don't want him to worry about me.
 
"It's midnight," I give him a good reason. I take another bite of the sandwich, trying to keep calm.
 
He holds my hand which is holding the fork, "Promise me. Tell me if something happen again. Call me. Anything."
 
His eyes are showing his care. I soften because of it; I put down the fork and caress his hand, "Don't worry."
 
"I can't," he smiles. "How can I'm not worrying about my girlfriend?"
 
Good, now I blush.
 
His smile widened when he looks my blushing cheeks, "Finally."
 
He embraces my hand tighter, "I'll protect you."
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
It's already 4 PM now. We just finished our meeting for new project at CUBE Entertainment building. Sora looks better now, compared to the moment when I met her this morning. Looks like Gikwang has cheered her up.
 
Gikwang is discussing about his schedule with our manager. He has more schedule for appearing in TV than the rest of our members. I guess Sora must be patient enough since Gikwang can't show his special treatment to her when he's at work.
 
Sora is setting her DSLR, trying to take some pictures with it. I want to approach her, to ask how she is feeling now, to and make her blush again... but I can't.
 
I sigh, making Doojoon and Junhyung look at me, wondering what's wrong with me.
 
"I'm going to meet the President," Gikwang says to us. "Anyone else?"
 
"Me," Junhyung raises his hand. "Come on."
 
The manager tells us to wait for them while he is accompanying Gikwang and Junhyung to meet the Cube Entertainment President. Doojoon excuses himself to meet his friends while Dongwoon is busy with his own gadget.
 
"I'm going to the bathroom," Hyunseung walks pass me and leaves me doing nothing.
 
Sora has put back her camera inside the camera bag. She walks to me and, to my surprise, asks, "Can you take me to the rooftop?"
 
I nod slowly and take the elevator with her to the highest floor of the building. Does she like the view from the top of a building?
 
Just like what I thought, she takes out her camera as soon as we arrive at the rooftop. She takes some pictures wih her camera. The sky is kind of cloudy now.
 
I look at the view. Well, it's beautiful from up here but I prefer the view at my special spot.
 
"Yoseob Oppa," I hear Sora's voice and turn around.
 
She clicks the button; she just took a picture of me.
 
She lowers down the camera and smiles, "You look really good here."
 
I step closer to her, trying to take a peek of the result: It's me, smiling with a blue cloudy sky behind me.
 
"Your fans will like it," Sora turns off the camera and puts it back inside the camera bag. She is still smiling, looks really satisfied because of the picture.
 
Once again, even though part of me has warned me that I shouldn't do it, I touch her cheek, moving her hair behind her ear. I trail her long hair slowly, kissing it from the tip of her hair, moving closer and closer until my lips almost reach her cheek.
 
I move my body closer to hers, inhaling her scent slowly. She has a really sweet scent.
 
"It's the first time you called me by name," I whisper to her ear.
 
It's true. She never called my name before. When I heard her voice, calling me by my name, I felt something different.
 
When I saw the picture, I knew I was smiling because of her voice. Suddenly I realize that her voice is really soft. She sounded so cute when she mentioned my name.
 
When I saw her smile because of satisfaction for the picture, I can't help myself to get closer to her. Something about her is attracting me.
 
"Wa-was it?" I can hear her stuttering voice. She puts her right palm on my chest; she is trying to push me away from her but she doesn't put any power on it.
 
I step closer to her again, "Say it again."
 
"Wh-what?" she steps backward but I put my right arm around her waist so she can't move.
 
"Sora," I lean closer, whispering her name on her ear. I touch her right cheek with my fingers; my face is only an inch away from hers. I take a deep breath again, inhaling her sweet scent. I realize she is still wearing my white scarf.

I move my fingers from her cheek and remove my scarf from her, revealing her delicate neck.
 
"Yoseob Oppa...," my name comes out again from her lips. I know she said it out of her control; she is blushing and trying to pull away from me but she doesn't have the power to do that.
 
My heart skips a beat when I hear her voice. I realize my lips are really close to hers. I can even feel her breath on my face.
 
A ringtone of her phone snaps me back to reality. I loosen my grip on her waist. She coughs a little; her cheeks are still blushing when she picks up the phone.
 
"Ne?" she responds to the caller.
 
I touch my cheek with my hand. It's warm. I'm blushing. I never really good around girls; I'm really shy. Really.
 
But something about Sora is just so... tempting.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
When my phone rings, a part of my heart feels relieved because Yoseob releases his embrace of me. But the bigger part of my heart is regretting the phone call.
 
What are you thinking, Sora?
 
He's just teasing you. He always does.
 
I clear my throat when I see Gikwang's name on the caller's ID screen.
 
"Ne?" I say.
 
"Where are you?" he asks with a panic tone.
 
"Are you done?" I ask him, trying to make him calm.
 
"Yes. Where are you?" he asks again but he sounds calmer now. Maybe he is worried because of the morning incident.
 
"I'm just going somewhere. I'm going back now. Wait," I reply and close the line. I put my phone in my pocket.
 
Yoseob is blushing; his cheeks are flushed pink and he is looking away from me.
 
Why is he blushing?
 
"Gikwang just called me," I say, trying my best to hide my nervousness. My heart is beating really fast right now. "Let's go back."
 
"Ah, Gikwang," I hear he murmurs Gikwang's name.
 
"Ne?" I stop my steps. I was walking to the door when I heard Gikwang's name.
 
"Nothing," he looks uneasy. "Let's go back."
 
He walks pass me but then freezes when his hand reaches the door.

He turns back and hands me his white scarf, the one he gave to me on Valentine Day. Since I'm not really good with cold weather, I wear it because I put it on my work desk and I thought I would need it this morning.

I take the scarf from him and wear it again, blushing when I remember the moment when he removed the scarf from me. He looks away and opens the door for me. I tilt my head because he looks different. I shove away the thought and walk to the elevator with Yoseob behind me.
 
We're not saying a word at all. He excuses himself to the bathroom and tells me to go back alone because he will catch up later.
 
I take a deep breath when I see Gikwang is talking to Hyunseung.
 
My heart is still beating fast.
 
What is this feeling?

Photobucket