55 Present

So Sweet, So Simple
[Sora's POV]
 
Gikwang pulls me away so we can shelter from the rain under a small hut near the lake. It's really small but it's enough for both of us to stand. At least we're safe from the rain for now.
 
I look at my hand; Gikwang is still holding on my hand.
 
"Sorry," he lets go of my hand when he notices my eyes are looking at our hands. He rubs his head nervously.
 
I look away as if there is something interesting outside but actually I'm just trying to hide my blushed cheeks.
 
That dance he did. It's just a dance. It's just a song. Then why is my heart beating really fast now?
 
"Sora," he speaks out my name.
 
I turn and he has took off his black jacket. He puts it on my shoulder, "It will be a little cold. You should wear it since you're not really friendly with cold weather."
 
Ah, he remembers.
 
He puts his hands on his pocket; he's right. It's cold. I'm shivering because of the coldness.

I pull his sleeve slowly with my right hand but I'm looking at the ground; I can't look at him with this red cheeks!
 
"Ne?" I can hear he reacts.
 
"Are you feeling cold?" I mutter.
 
"Don't worry," he pats my head. "I'll be fine."
 
Just right when I was going to return his jacket, a lightning strikes.
 
I close my ears quickly and steps closer to Gikwang, out of my control. It does scare me a little because it is really loud.
 
"Hey, hey," Gikwang pats my back. "It's alright."
 
I still close my ears with both of my hands. I'm not scared, I just hate the sound.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
Sora looks really cute when she is closing his ears like now; she looks like a little girl who is afraid of the lightning.
 
"Where is your iPod?" I ask her.
 
She looks at me, still trying to cover her ears with her hands; she can still hear me.
 
She hands out the iPod to me. I turn it on and give the earphone to her, "Plug it in your ears, turn the volume at the maximum so you will not hear the lightning."
 
She hesitates but she takes the earphone from me and put it in her ears. I smile and pick one of the songs for her.
 
She closes her eyes, listening to the song.
 
"It works, right?" I ask her but she doesn't respond. Of course she doesn't. She can't hear me.
 
I pat her head and she opens her eyes. I smile to her, giving her two thumbs up as my happy sign.
 
She smiles at me. A really sweet smile. How I miss that smile.
 
I pull her into a hug, patting her back so she will feel more comfortable. Another lightning strikes and she flinches a little, clutching at my shirt.
 
I guess she can't hear the sound but she can see the flash. I take a glance at her; she has closed her eyes now.
 
Ah, Yoseob will be mad at me because I didn't bring her home faster. We must wait for the rain to stop now.
 
I feel warmer because I'm hugging Sora now. I can feel her sweet scent again. I've been enjoying her sweet scent since I danced I Need A Girl. Her sweet scent hasn't changed at all.
 
"You can't hear me, right?" I mutter.
 
She doesn't say anything. It means she can't hear me, can she?
 
"Sora ah," I embrace her tighter, "if only I can tell you how much I love you. I still love you. Really love you."
 
I sigh, "Will you be happy with Yoseob? Do I still have a chance in your heart?"
 
Aish, I can talk this smooth when she can't hear me. I bet I will forget all these words when I have a chance to talk to her directly.
 
"Lucky me you can't hear me."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Gikwang pulls me into his hug. I don't complain because suddenly another lightning strikes, making me clutch onto his shirt. I even increase the volume of my iPod.
 
Ah, it's a little bit too much so I decrease the volume again.
 
"Sora ah," I can hear Gikwang's voice now even though I'm using the earphone. "if only I can tell you how much I love you. I still love you. Really love you."
 
My heart skips a beat. Why does he suddenly talk like this?
 
"Will you be happy with Yoseob? Do I still have a chance in your heart?" he continues.
 
Right when I was going to respond, Gikwang murmurs, "Lucky me you can't hear me."
 
So he thinks I can't hear what he said.
 
I squeeze his shirt a little bit stronger. I can feel my face is burning because of his words.
 
Geez. What's wrong with you, Sora?
 
I push him a little bit. I take the right earphone and give it to him, "Let's listen to the song together."
 
I do it because I'm afraid I will blush again, listening to his words, to his confession that he thinks I can't hear.
 
He smiles and takes the earphone from me. He puts it on his right ear right when the last song is finished.
 
Ah, I know this song.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
Hey, it's Present. K.Will sings this song. I know it since I was starring in the MV as well.

 

 

 
"Hyunseung told me that you were in the MV," Sora mutters with a smile. She doesn't look at me. She is looking to the lake, enjoying the song.
 
"Yes," I nod and close my eyes, enjoying the song as well.
 
"I want to watch it," she murmurs.
 
I don't reply her. I will make sure she will watch it when we return to our apartment.
 
It is a really sweet song. I like the MV too.
 
The concept is to show our presents for the one we love. If only I have met Sora before the MV making, maybe I would think of her as the one to receive my love.
 
When it reaches the refrain part, I sing it with closed eyes, thinking of Sora,
"Nae saengae gajang areumdaun sunganeun
Neol manna nunbusige saranghaetdeon sungandeul
Ije na ara neoraneun saram nae saengae gajang keun seonmul"
 
The most beautiful moment of my life is
When I loved you after meeting you
Now I know that you’re the biggest gift of my life
 
I remember my words in the opening of the MV. It's about my ideal type.
 
"A girl with beautiful smile. Tender. Just any girl who likes me back. I think nice look is good too," I said that for the MV.
 
They are not lies.
 
Well, isn't Sora really my ideal type?

Come to think of it, I feel really grateful to meet her. To love her.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Gikwang has a beautiful voice. I can hear his voice even though the rain is still falling down.
 
"Nugu boda saranghanikka"
 
Because I love you more than anyone else
 
Gikwang suddenly sings a part of the song. I feel that my heart stops beating for a second. I look at his face; he is closing his eyes, singing with all his heart.
 
He opens his eyes and I can feel my heart is beating really fast now. He gives me his usual sincere smile and then, I don't know why, I sing along with him for the last refrain,
"Isesang gajang areumdaun sarameun
Neorago sucheon beoneul mareul haedo bujokhae
Eolmana neoreul saranghaneunji yeongwonhi gareuchyeo julge"
 
You can’t be described with words
It wouldn’t suffice even if I shout that you’re the most beautiful person countless times
I will show you how much I love you
Because my love for you is eternal
 
He pats my head gently when the song is over.
 
I give him a warm smile. Suddenly I forget that all the mess happened before this when I look at his eyes.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"I'm back," I take off my shoes. My drenched jacket is on my left arm.
 
The rain has finally stopped around thirty minutes ago so we rushed to come back as soon as possible.
 
I have asked Sora to shower up before meet us in our room. We need to tell the other members about what happened in Mina's house.
 
Hmm, there is a pair of girl's shoes. Is there a guest?
 
"Gikwang?" I hear Doojoon's voice from the main room.
 
I walk to the main room and find Mina is sitting on the sofa. She is holding a cup of coffee with her hand.
 
There are three different digital cameras on the table. I notice those are the cameras which her friends used to take my pictures and Sora.
 
"When did you come here?" I ask her calmly.
 
"Around twenty minutes ago," Hyunseung answers me. "She came here in the middle of the rain."
 
Come to think of it, I know the shirt she's wearing now; it is not her size. I think it's Yoseob's shirt.
 
"She told us about what happened in her house," Doojoon says. "Where is Sora?"
 
"She's in her room," I look at Mina. She looks really down right now.
 
What is she going to do now?
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I just finished the shower when there is a new text message from Yoseob.
 
"Are you alright?"
 
It's weird. He should have met Gikwang, right? Gikwang should have tell them about me.
 
I don't reply it; after all I'm going to their room after checking my account on social networks.
 
There are nothing unusual. I feel relieved because I was actually afraid that Mina would upload the pictures of me and Gikwang immediately.
 
I close the browser, ready to shut down my notebook when I freeze, looking at my desktop wallpaper.
 
I'm still using the picture at the Valentine Day, the picture of me and BEAST members. My eyes stop when I find Gikwang, smiling next to me with his wide smile. Yoseob was standing on the other side of me, making a peace sign with his left hand, puffing his cheeks.
 
I smile when I look at this picture. I still have eight months left to spend with them. I hope I can make it more memorable.
 
My phone vibrates again.
 
It's from Gikwang.
 
"Mina is here."