43 Truth

So Sweet, So Simple
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I read Sora's last tweet on Twitter. She tweeted around an hour ago. It means she tweeted when we're in the car on our way for dance practicing.
 
"1 day."
 
She's right. Tomorrow marks a month since she accepted the deal, to let me treat her as my girlfriend. She will give me the decision whether to continue our relationship or not.
 
Since the night we went to karaoke, Sora has changed to her old self again. Quiet, cold, calm, and expresionless. Well, she is always like that but she should be a little bit more cheerful with smile now, right? I don't know why but I guess it has something to do with Yoseob.
 
Yoseob, in the other hand, is totally avoiding Sora. His cheerful expression will disappeared when Sora comes. Last night I checked the taken pictures by Sora when we're doing practice for our comeback and there is almost no picture of Yoseob.
 
The uneasy feeling comes again.
 
Come to think of it, Yoseob tweeted something at midnight the night we went back from karaoke. It's something about fiction is happier.
 
I glance at Sora. She is listening to her iPod while leaning to the mirror, waiting for us to start our dance practice. Her eyes are examining the whole room but she looks away when her eyes reach Yoseob.
 
Aish, I need to talk to her.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
It's already 8 PM. I rejected Hyunseung's invitation to have dinner with them. I need to be alone.
 
Only 4 hours left until the day changes and I must make my final decision. These last days I've been in dilemma.
 
Should I lie to my heart? Should I love Gikwang back? Should I let Yoseob love me? Should I think of Gikwang as my brother?
 
Geez. The thoughts keep coming on.
 
Suddenly my phone rings. It's from my sister.
 
"Ne?" I pick up the call.
 
"So-sora ah..." she is sobbing. What's wrong? I know she is a crybaby but why is she crying?
 
"What happened?" I ask her with curious tone.
 
"Jung-Junghwa Oppa...," my heart skips a beat when I hear his name. "He had an accident."
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I was reading Sora's tweets when suddenly Gikwang rushes from his room to the door.
 
"Oi," I ask him. "What's wrong?"
 
I've been avoiding to talk to him unless it's necessary. Since that night, I never talked to Sora again. She becomes anti-social again, even to Gikwang. I decide to wait until Sora gives her decision to Gikwang tomorrow.
 
"Sohyun's fiancee had an accident," he quickly ties his shoelace. "I'm going to the hospital."
 
"Sohyun?" I stand up. "Sora's sister?"
 
Gikwang nods and leaves the room quickly. I storm to my room and grab my jacket. I wear my shoes and run to find Gikwang. He is ready to leave when I shout his name.
 
"I'm going with you," I say to him. He frowns but then he nods, letting me to go with him.
 
"What happened to Junghwa?" I ask him when we're already in the taxi.
 
"I don't know the details yet," Gikwang is holding his phone. "I was going to visit Sora when she didn't pick up my call. She told me via text message that she's at the hospital now with Sohyun."
 
"I hope he's alright," I say. I'm serious. It's not about Sora or me or Gikwang anymore. It's someone important for Sora and I don't want anything bad to happen.
 
We don't talk until we reach the hospital. Gikwang rushes to Junghwa's room; he asked Sora before on our way here. We find Sora is hugging Sohyun in front of the room; Sohyun is crying uncontrollably.
 
Sora notices our arrival and she pats Sohyun's back gently, telling her about our arrival. Sohyun quickly wipes away her tears but she can't stop her tears.
 
We approach her but I just exchange looks with Gikwang; we don't know what to say.
 
"I'm so sorry," Sohyun blurts out. "I'm so sorry."
 
"Hey, why are you apologizing?" I sit next to her. "It's not your fault."
 
"If only I went with him, if only I didn't ask him to go to the wedding planner this late, Junghwa Oppa won't...," she can't continue anymore. Sora hugs her again, trying to comfort her.
 
Sora looks at me and says, "Junghwa Oppa was in his way to meet their wedding planner when a drunken truck driver lost control of his vehicle and hit Junghwa Oppa's car."
 
Sora hugs Sohyun tighter, "He's not in critical condition though, so it should be fine. But my sister blames herself for this accident."
 
Sohyun keeps crying in her sister's hug. I exchange looks again with Gikwang, giving Sora our apologetic expression. Sora shakes her head slowly.
 
"Sohyun," a woman just came. There is a man next to her, wearing a black mantel and white shirt. The woman approaches Sora and Sohyun. Sora lets go of her sister and the woman hugs Sohyun gently.
 
"It's alright, Mom is here now," the woman says softly.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I was surprised when I saw Yoseob came with Gikwang but I'm more surprised when I see my parents show up. I guess they just arrived at Seoul tonight. My mother quickly hugs Sohyun right after I let go of her.
 
My father steps closer and looks at me. I bow a little to him and mutter, "Dad."
 
"How is Junghwa?" he asks me simply.
 
"He should be fine," I tell him without changing my expression.
 
He doesn't say anything to me. Yoseob stands up quickly and my father takes a seat, right where Yoseob sat before. He smiles to cheer up my sister and I'm here, standing and watching them.
 
It's always been like this. I haven't seen them in these last six months but they don't even ask me about anything. Well, my sister is their everything.
 
Suddenly Gikwang pats my head. I turn to see his face and he gives his usual sincere smile. I feel so much better after I see his smile.
 
"I'm going outside," I murmur and I leave my sister with my parents, walking out from the hospital. I know Gikwang is following me even though he doesn't say anything.
 
I take a deep breath right after I left the hospital. It's almost 10 PM now. I gaze at the beautiful night sky.
 
"Are you alright?" Gikwang asks me. He stands next to me, looking me with his worried eyes.
 
"Sure," I say when Yoseob stands next to Gikwang. "My sister will be alright. Junghwa Oppa will be alright."
 
"I'm asking about you," Gikwang pulls me into his hug. I feel my cheeks start blushing when I feel his warm touch. It's been a while since the last time he hugged me.
 
"I'm fine," I answer, trying to control my voice so he won't notice that my heart is beating faster. "I'm all good."
 
He let go of me and I look at him and then look at Yoseob. He has the extremely worried expression on his face as well. I sigh and then give them an idea, "Let's grab something to drink."
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
We find a coffee shop around the hospital. Gikwang ordered us two hot cappuccinos and a cup of hot chocolate before we sit at the corner of the shop. Its reminds me of the night when I was holding hands with Sora for the first time.
 
"Thank you," Sora says with a smile; it's been days since the last time I saw her smile. "Thanks for coming."
 
"No big deal," I grin to her. It feels good to talk with her again.
 
"I know it's kind of a sudden," Sora takes a sip of her hot chocolate. "But I want to say something. To both of you."
 
I exchange looks again with Gikwang; I did it a lot today, eh?
 
"Is it about our deal?" Gikwang looks at Sora. I know he feels uneasy now.
 
Sora nods.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
My heart skips a beat when Sora nods. I guess it's a little bit earlier from our deal. I clench my fists under the table and wait for her to say something.
 
"Tomorrow means a month since I agreed to the deal," she says, looking at me directly. "It's been a wonderful month. Really."
 
I smile when she says that. I know she doesn't say it just to please me. Yoseob is looking at her in silence as well now.
 
"I've been thinking," Sora continues, "a lot. About me. About Gikwang Oppa. About Yoseob Oppa."
 
There. My heart aches again. It's the first time I heard her called Yoseob by his name. There is a surprised expression on Yoseob's face.
 
"I thought I should just lie to myself but it means I will lie to both of you and I don't want to do that. Both of you are really important for me and I don't want to hurt you," Sora explains. "More importantly, I'm still confused about my own feeling."
 
I was right all the time. There is something between her and Yoseob.
 
"Gikwang Oppa," she suddenly holds my hand. "Thank you for loving me. I'm sorry I can't love you as much as you love me and it's not your mistake."
 
It feels really hurt when I hear that from her. I clench my fists and she notices it; she embraces my hand tighter.
 
"I don't want to lie to you," she says. "If I say that I want to continue, I'm not sure you will be happy while I'm lying all the time. To you. To myself."
 
She's right. Doojoon has told me about the consequences and I knew it. It just feels really hurt when I finally hear it from herself.
 
She turns to Yoseob but she is still holding on my hand, "Yoseob Oppa, I don't know what I'm feeling for you now. I don't know what you're feeling for me now. But I don't want us to keep avoiding each other like now."
 
Yoseob takes a deep breath after Sora said that.
 
Sora continues again, "I don't want to pretend that all of these never happened. I want to cherish every moment with all of you. Good or bad. Happy or sad. So, please, I have enough with all the drama."
 
"What do you want then?" Yoseob asks.
 
I look at Yoseob now. He doesn't look mad but his expression is really serious.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
There I've said it. Finally.
 
"What do you want then?" Yoseob asks.
 
I look at him. I'm still holding Gikwang's hand but he has stopped clenching his fists.
 
"I don't know what will happen in the future," I tell them. "Just live on and we'll see. Is that alright?"
 
"Is it alright for you to be loved by us?" Yoseob blurts out a question. Strange enough, he blushes when he says that.
 
Gikwang pats my head gently, "Thank you for telling us the truth."
 
I look at him; he must be hurting inside.
 
"I know," Gikwang says with a smile, "that Yoseob has a feeling for you and you do the same but you're dilemma. I know. I just want you to be happy."
 
Gikwang is really nice. I feel sorry to tell him the truth but I don't want to lie to him.
 
"You know Yoseob never had a girlfriend before so excuse him for being such a shy boy," he winks at me.
 
"Oi! You don't need to say that!" Yoseob stands up, protests to Gikwang for telling the truth. He puffs his cheeks and crosses his arms.
 
I cover my mouth to hold my laugh; he looks cute. Both Gikwang and Yoseob look at me.
 
"We're not going to hate each other," Gikwang ensures me. "We're brothers. Right, Yoseob?"
 
"And we want you to be happy," Yoseob says with his flushed pink cheeks.
 
"Thank you," I smile.
 
"Anytime," Gikwang pats my head again. "So I guess I'm doing good enough as your first boyfriend, eh?"
 
I can't hold my smile when he asks that. Yoseob frowns and mutters, "It's not fair."
 
"I'm sorry for being the one who confessed to her at the first place," Gikwang laughs and Yoseob sticks out his tongue. Yoseob laughs along with Gikwang and I suddenly feel so much better after telling them everything.
 
I look through the window.
 
I hope as the time goes by, I will make the best decision.

Photobucket