59 Amusement Park

So Sweet, So Simple
[Gikwang's POV]
 
"She cried yesterday?" Doojoon sounds really surprised. "Why?"
 
"I don't know," Yoseob shrugs. "She was already crying when I was done. It's the first time I saw her like that."
 
"Maybe she was touched by the song," Dongwoon tilts his head. "It's a beautiful song."
 
"Maybe," Yoseob leans to the sofa. "I just have a bad feeling."
 
"You're thinking too much," Doojoon pinches Yoseob's cheek and then laughs to make the situation more relaxed.
 
Just like what Yoseob said, I have this uneasy feeling again. It's not a feeling of jealousy. It's just a really bad feeling about Sora.
 
"I'll be right back," I walk to the door and wear my shoes.
 
"Where are you going?" Hyunseung asks. "It's almost dinner time."
 
"Just a moment," I answer while I'm opening the door. "Start the dinner without me."
 
I close the door and stop my steps when I reach Sora's room. I was going to knock the door when suddenly the door has already cracked open.
 
"Sora," I mutter.
 
She is wearing white jacket and gray scarf. Looks like she wants to go somewhere.
 
"Ne?" she closes the door.
 
"Where are you going?" I ask her, trying to keep calm.
 
"I have something to do," she takes out something from her bag. "But I was going to meet all of you before I go."
 
"To meet us?" I tilt my head. Why?
 
Sora hands me six pieces of ticket. They are tickets to a new amusement park. They will have special opening tomorrow night where only 100 invited visitors are allowed to enter the amusement park.
 
"Can you give it to the others?" she makes a smile. "I think we can go after your performance, if you want to go though."
 
"Sure," I smile. "We will definitely go."
 
"Thank you," she bows to me. "I must go now."
 
When she walks pass me, I grab her hand all of a sudden. She turns around, having her usual expresionless face.
 
"Is there anything else?" she asks with her usual monotone.
 
I reach out my hand and touch her cheek gently.
 
There is nothing wrong with her. It is Sora. It is her. It is her usual self. But why? Why do I feel that she is going somewhere I can't reach?
 
"Nothing," I smile and let go of her. "Be careful."

 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Tickets for amusement park?" Dongwoon stares at the ticket that Gikwang just gave to us. Gikwang said that Sora gave the tickets for us.
 
Gikwang nods slowly, "She said that she want to go with us tomorrow night after our performance. Can we do that?"
 
"Well," Doojoon rubs his head, "I'm not sure. We still have performance to do the day after tomorrow."
 
"I want to go!" I stand up quickly.
 
The others look at me with shocked expression. Junhyung even jumps a little from his seat.
 
"I mean," I cough a little, "it's been a while since we had fun together. Why don't we just go for a while with Sora? We only had fun with her once at the karaoke."
 
"Yoseob is right," Gikwang states. "I want to visit the new amusement park too."
 
"Well, I don't know how Sora could get these tickets," Doojoon leans to the back of the chair. "But it is a really special chance for us. I heard this amusement park is really big."
 
"Come on," I pout. "Let's have some fun together."
 
"Well, I want to play something fun too," Junhyung crosses his arms. "Even an hour will be alright."
 
I look at Dongwoon now and he gives me a grin, telling me that he will be happy to go. I turn to Hyunseung and he gives me thumbs up.
 
"So?" I make a wide smile, facing Doojoon to wait for his decision.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I close the door behind me; it's almost midnight now.
 
I've called my sister after Yoseob's recording last night. I said that I wanted to meet her in person and she agreed to me. We met at a cafe near her apartment.
 
I couldn't hold this feeling anymore. Yoseob asked me about my teary eyes but I didn't say anything to him. How can I tell him the reason?
 
"Mom sent you an e-mail?" my sister gave me her surprised expression. "When?"
 
"Last night," I answered simply with hesitation. "Is it... true?"
 
My sister looked away from me, unsure with her own answer but then she nodded slowly, "It's true."
 
I felt like my heart was stop beating for a second when I heard her answer. I was hoping she would tell me that it's a lie. Seriously.
 
"Dad told me that he wants you to go to Paris, to take Mom's place for the research project. I told him that you can't do that," my sister explained.
 
"Should I let Mom continue the project then?" I asked nervously. "With her worsen condition?"
 
"I'm sorry," my sister started to cry. "If only I can continue the project. If only I can take care of Mom better."
 
"Stop it," I tried to hold back my tears. I don't need my sister to blame herself for now. Not now. "You have your own works to do."
 
My sister doesn't have a background for science research project; that's why my father said that I am the one who can continue the project. Now... should I?
 
Ah, there is a new text message.
 
"We will go to the amusement park together! ^^"
 
It's from Yoseob.
 
The tickets. I asked them from my father via e-mail and he sent me the tickets this morning. He sent me the tickets after he gave me his own terms.
 
I agreed.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
"Sora," I call her right after I saw her, leaning to the wall of the CUBE Entertainment building. I just finished cleaning up my make up while the others are still working on theirs.
 
We have done our performance this evening and Sora told me that she will be waiting for us outside of the building. Our manager will drop us at the amusement park and pick us two hours later.
 
"Why did you suddenly ask us to an amusement park?" I ask her, leaning to the wall next to her.
 
Well, I'm really happy that she gave us the tickets yesterday but I'm really curious about her reason.
 
Since I saw her teary eyes after I sang Mom, I feel that something is really strange about her. The atmosphere is really gloomy. Is it only my thought?
 
"Nothing particular," she answer simply. "I just received the tickets from a client and I didn't think I should go by myself."
 
"I see," I nod slowly, smiling when I hear the answer. "That's good."
 
"Why?" she tilts her head.
 
"I thought you will go somewhere far," I say out my silly thought. "I just think too much, don't I?"
 
She doesn't answer, instead she gives me another question, "Do you love your mother?"
 
Eh? Why does she ask this question?
 
"Of course I love her," I say, confused with her question. "Is it not that obvious?"
 
Sora has a smile on her face. A sad smile.
 
Before I could say anything, the other members have showed up, laughing together. We all dressed casually. We don't think that we need our disguised equipment since the amusement park is not opened for public.
 
"Ready to go!" Dongwoon shouts happily.
 
I shove away the thought and put a smile; I must make this moment as a memorable one. For us. For me. For Sora.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
The amusement park is really big. We have fun together, riding almost all the rides like little children, as if we never went to amusement park before.
 
Sora brings along her DSLR around, taking some pictures with us. Each of us takes turns to take pictures with her as well.
 
Doojoon asked her to ride merry-go-round together while Dongwoon bought her rabbit ear to wear. She looked really cute with the rabbit ear.
 
Hyunseung treated all of us ice creams. Junhyung even won a game and got the first prize, a big white teddy bear. Sora told us that she wants us to keep the teddy bear because she doesn't like it too much because of the white color.
 
I take a glance at my phone; we still have thirty minutes left.
 
I look at the ferris wheel. The others are thinking of entering the mystery house. I want to ride the ferris wheel; I think it has great view from there.
 
"I'm not going," Sora says to Hyunseung. "I will wait here."
 
"Sora ah," Yoseob pouts. "Come on. It will be fun. I will protect you!"
 
Sora gives him a smile, assuring him that she will be waiting for them at the exit.
 
"Let's go," Doojoon gives me a sign.
 
"Aish, I want to go to the bathroom!" I say quickly. "Go first! I will catch up later!"
 
I shouldn't lie. I know. But I think this is the only chance to ride the ferris wheel with Sora; Yoseob won't let her to go with me by herself, right?
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
So Gikwang lied to the others. He asked me to ride the ferris wheel with him after the others entered the mystery house. I hesitated but I thought that he must be really want to ride it, since he even lied to the others.
 
"Welcome," a staff welcomes us and opens the door for us.
 
I enter one of the ferris and Gikwang follows me. He sits across from me and both of us look at the window, looking at the beautiful view while the wheel is rotating now.
 
"It's really beautiful up here," Gikwang mutters.
 
I turn from the window and look at him. He has this innocent and sincere smile on his face, looking through the window happily. I can't help myself to smile when I look at his face.
 
"Sora," Gikwang looks at me now. "How are you and Yoseob doing now?"
 
I can feel that my heart is beating faster now. It's not a time to think about it. I don't want to think about it now.
 
He moves next to me and pats my head softly, "Sorry for asking. I don't mean to make you feel burdened."
 
I take a deep breath and say, "I'm fine."
 
Suddenly he pulls me into his hug, "I know that maybe I don't have a chance to be loved by you now. But at least let me cherish you this way."
 
No. I can't cry now. I've cried way too much these days. I don't want to cry. Not now.
 
"Gikwang Oppa," I pull away from him. "Can we take a picture together?"
 
His eyes are widened now, as if he can't believe what I said, "A picture? Together?"
 
I take out my phone from my pocket, "Let's use the phone instead of my camera. It's kind of difficult to do the self portrait with my camera."
 
He takes out his phone, "Let's use my phone."
 
I nod.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
It took a while for us because we're having too much fun in the mystery house. Gikwang didn't catch up with us but he waits for us at the exit with Sora.
 
Ah, cotton candy!
 
I rush to buy two cotton candies and return quickly while the others are planning to ride another stuff.
 
Sora looks up at me when I give one of it to her.
 
"For you," I smile. "Cheer up."
 
She takes the cotton candy for me and gives me a simple yet sweet smile, "Thank you, Yoseob Oppa."
 
I can feel the butterflies in my stomach again. The way she says my name. The way she smiles. I know that she hasn't give me her answer but I'm really happy, to be standing next to her like this.
 
I take out my phone and hand it to Doojoon, "Can you take a picture of me and Sora?"
 
I put my left arm on her shoulder, pulling her close. I smile widely while I can feel her sweet scent.
 
"Smile!" Doojoon says and clicks the capture button.
 
"Thank you," I take my phone back from Doojoon and look at the result. It is a good picture.
 
"Can you send it to me?" Sora asks. Her cheeks are flushed pink; she is really cute, isn't she?
 
"Sure," I nod and quickly send the picture to her. I'm glad that she likes the picture as well.
 
"Ah," Sora reacts when new song is playing at the amusement park radio.
 
"Isn't this Super Junior?" Gikwang mumbles. "The title is..."
 
"A Short Journey," Sora continues.
 
As if we are holding a mini concert, Junhyung steps to the middle of the amusement park square and sings,
"Neol saranghaetdeon inae mami
Neol barabwatdeon nae dununi
Ajikdo yeogie"
 
My heart that loved you
My eyes that looked at you
Are still here
 
Doojoon, Dongwoon, and Hyunseung step closer to Junhyung and sing the refrain part,
"Oh, Baby, say goodbye, Oh jamsiman Goodbye
Annyeongiran maleun jamsi jeobeodulge
Jeo muneul yeolgoseo han geoleum naemilmyeon
Ko ggeuteuro jeonhaejineun neoui sumgyeol"
 
Oh, baby, say goodbye, for a short while goodbye
The talk about goodbye, I’ll put it aside for a short while
When I open that door and take one step
Your breath that’s conveyed to the tip of my nose
 
"Hey," I laugh. "No, not this song. It's too sad!"
 
The others laugh as well.
 
I turn to look at Sora. She is closing her eyes, listening to the song carefully.
 
"Hey," I pat her head gently, "you really like ballad song, don't you?"
 
"It's a sad song," Sora murmurs. "I don't think I can ever say goodbye to people easily. Especially when I need to say it directly."
 
"Then don't," I hold her hand. "After all, we're going to meet everyday!"
 
"Hmm," she smiles and nods slowly. "You're right."
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Thank you for the tickets, Sora," Hyunseung pats my head softly.
 
We just arrived at the apartment, standing in front of their room. They have thanked me a lot after we left the amusement park.
 
I admit it. It was really fun there. It was my second time to go to an amusement park. The first one was when I was seven years old. I went to an amusement park at London with my mother and my sister because it was my sister's birthday.
 
"You're very welcome," I smile.
 
"See you tomorrow then," Doojoon says. "We still have recording to do."
 
"We will meet again tomorrow, right?" Gikwang asks suddenly, making the others turn to look at me.
 
Silence.
 
"I still have contract to continue, don't I?" I speak out.
 
"What are you talking, Gikwang?!" Yoseob hits his shoulder playfully. "She said that we will go to the amusement park again!"
 
"Yes!" Dongwoon grins. "We will go there again on my birthday!"
 
I smile.
 
They are really happy. I hope they will always be happy.

Photobucket