17 My Promise

So Sweet, So Simple

[Yoseob's POV]

 
"Done!" Hyunseung and Dongwoon shout.
 
We are at the filming site for Fiction Music Video. It is the third day and we're finally finished the filming. This MV will surely stun B2UTIES.
 
"Thank you for your cooperation, Boyoung!" Doojoon bows to a girl. She is Park Boyoung, the actress who starred in our Fiction MV.
 
She gives us a smile and bows as well, "I should be the one who said that."
 
I run to her and say my gratitude to her. I ask one of the staff on the set to take a picture of us together with my phone.
 
"Smile, smile," I make a peace sign with my right hand while she does the same with her left hand.
Photobucket

"Ah, your fans will be really mad," she jokes and I laugh. 
 
"Yeah, they will be really jealous," I grin. I save the picture and think about sharing it on Twitter when our MV is going to be released; no fun to spoil it now.
 
I turn and see Sora is busy with her DSLR. She took pictures of our activities as usual. I walk closer to her, trying as hard as possible so she won't notice me but I fail.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I try to take another picture for the last time. I stop my camera when I look Yoseob is approaching the actress of the MV and asks a staff to take a picture of them together.
 
I accidentally click the button and I capture two of them together in a frame. I put down my DSLR and hesitate whether to erase it or not.
 
It's been a week since Valentine Day. I've been avoiding Yoseob from time to time. Well, of course I'm still working my best for my works. The only difference is I take more pictures of Yoseob than before.
 
Don't even ask me why I do that. I just realized it yesterday when I was sorting the picture into my notebook.
 
I refused to have a dinner with them, telling them that I was busy with works over the internet. Gikwang visited me every night after their works were done, asking me if there's something happened but I didn't tell him a single thing.
 
When I remember how Yoseob's lip brushed against my cheek, I can feel that I'm blushing again.
 
I notice someone is walking to me and I look up to find who he is.
 
I quickly turn to my left side, trying to avoid him again.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
I am fixing my hair when I notice that Yoseob is walking to Sora's place.
 
Come to think of it, it's been a week since Sora started to avoid us. She refused our dinner invitation. She refused to go outside with us unless for works.
 
On the top of it, I think that she is avoiding Yoseob. She refused to come to our room because she said that she was busy but she never rejected me for coming to visit her in her room.
 
Ah, Sora turns away to my direction when she notices that Yoseob is approaching her. I can see Yoseob stops walking and rubbing his head, confused with her reaction.
 
"Hey," I stop Sora. She is walking without looking around. She is going to bump me if I don't stop her.
 
She stops her step and looks at me. She mutters, "Sorry."
 
"No need," I brush her cheek with my hand. I wonder why she is avoiding Yoseob. Did something happen between them?
 
"Lunch!" Dongwoon yells, making me jump a little. I pat Sora's head and tell her to have a lunch together before we continue our schedule.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I've just finished my dinner. I check my phone and find out there are four new text messages.
 
The first one is from my sister,
 
"Are you doing well? Tell me! ^^"
 
I reply it shortly,
 
"I'm doing good. They just finished filming MV."
 
I freeze for a moment when I read the next three text messages. All of them are from Yoseob.
 
"Are you mad at me? I'm sorry~ ㅜㅜ"
 
"It's been a week. Please stop avoiding me. ㅜㅜ"
 
"Forgive me, my lady~ ㅜㅜ"
 
I put my phone down. There is no way I will reply him. I can feel my heart is beating faster.
 
See? It's only text message and I can't control myself now. What will happen if I meet him?
 
I can hear someone is knocking at my door so I walk to the door and open it, hoping that it's not Yoseob.
 
Lucky me, it's Gikwang. He brings me a box of chocolate candy, "For you."
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
We're sitting on the sofa, side by side, as usual. She is eating the chocolate candy I gave to her in silence. Sora looks so cute; she is always cute.
 
"Is there something on my face?" she makes me stop my daydreaming.
 
I shake my head and ruffle her hair gently, "Nothing. I'm glad you like the chocolate candy."
 
She gives me a really sweet smile, sweeter than the chocolate if I may say. She leans to the sofa and whispers, "I can believe that I'm feeling sleepy now."
 
I look at her; she looks tired. "Do you want to go to bed earlier?"
 
She shakes her head.
 
I put my arm around her shoulder and pull her closer so her head is on my shoulder. I put my head on hers, "Then just close your eyes. I hope you will feel better."
 
She doesn't pull away from me. I don't think she knows, but my heart is beating faster than usual.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Gikwang puts his arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer, "Then just close your eyes. I hope you will feel better."
 
Ugh, I'm blushing again. Even though he doesn't look at my face, I'm sure he knows that I'm blushing. I don't pull myself away; I feel really comfortable in his hug.
 
After all, I do feel sleepy. I'm not lying to them. I do have works to do via internet. After done with the birthday party project, many clients asked me to meet them because they have requests for me. I know I must manage my schedule carefully but I don't want my clients to be disappointed.
 
I close my eyes. I'm feeling really sleepy.
 
 
[Gikwang's POV]
 
She doesn't say anything. I was going to ask her about what happened between her and Yoseob when I notice that she has fallen asleep.
 
She has such an angelic face. Since she is sleeping with her head on my shoulder, I'm trying my best not to wake her up. I take a deep breath and I can smell her scent.
 
Her hair. Her scent. It's so... tempting.
 
Geez, what are you thinking, Gikwang?
 
I shove away the silly thought and I find myself smiling when I look at her. Looks like she is really tired because of her works.
 
I try to reach her right hand with my left hand carefully because she is sleeping on my right shoulder. I hold her hand gently, intertwined my fingers with hers. She has such a small hand.
 
"Sweet, sweet dream," I whisper and close my eyes as I put my head back on hers.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I check my phone again. Still no new text message.
 
Sora doesn't reply my message. Is she really that mad at me? I decide that I must ask Gikwang's help because he is the closest one to Sora compared to other members.
 
I get out of my bedroom but I can't find Gikwang anywhere.
 
"He's at Sora's place," Doojoon tells me.
 
"What?" I can't hide my disappointment. I need his help as soon as possible!
 
"Why?" Hyunseung gives me a devilish smile. "Is Yoseob jealous?"
 
"Don't be ridiculuous," I stuck out my tongue. "Why should I be jealous?"
 
"Because he is really close with Sora," Dongwoon adds in. "Because Sora is cute and Gikwang is closer to her than you."
 
"Silly boy," I tackle him playfully. "She is our little sister, you know."
 
"I don't think Gikwang is treating her as his little sister," Hyunseung smirks. Here the gossip starts.
 
"Don't make your own assumption," Doojoon tries to clear the situation. "He's trying to be nice."
 
I lean to Dongwoon, hugging a pillow and lost in my thought: Does Gikwang has a crush on Sora?
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I open my eyes slowly. Looks like I fell asleep. I was going to rub my eyes when I notice that Gikwang is holding my hand.
 
I can feel his head on mine but I'm too late to realize it. I move my head away and it makes him notice that I'm already awake.
 
He lets go of my hand and rubs his eyes; he fell asleep next to me, "You're awake, Sora."
 
I blush. I was sleeping with him holding my hand. Oh my. I turn and look at the clock. It's already 11 PM. I slept for almost two hours!
 
"Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask him. He should go back; I'm sure the other members are wondering what he is doing till this late.
 
"And wake you from your sleep?" he tilts his head.
 
I nod but he smiles and pats my head, "I will never wake you up when you're sleeping unless I need to."
 
I blush again. He is too nice; luckily I have the mindset that all of BEAST members are treating me like their little sister, not else.
 
He stands up, "Then I will go back now. You need to continue your sleep in your bedroom now."
 
I stand up to open the door for him but my head is feeling dizzy because of a sudden awakening. I almost fall back to the sofa when Gikwang catches me with his arm and pulls me in his hug.
 
I blush madly when I feel his board chest.
 
"Be careful," he releases his hug from me. "You really need to take a rest."
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I yawn. The other members have gone to their own rooms and go to sleep. I am sitting in the main room, playing with my phone.
 
Gikwang hasn't returned yet and it's already 11 PM. I thought about knocking Sora's door but since she is still mad at me, I shoved away the idea. The other members told me that maybe they're just chatting and forget about time as usual.
 
I hear the sound of opened door and turn to see Gikwang is taking off his shoes.
 
"You're back," I say to him. He looks up and gives me a smile.
 
"Why don't you go to sleep?" Gikwang asks me. He takes a seat next to me.
 
"I need your help," I grin. "Simple help."
 
He frowns, "What?"
 
I was going to tell him about my request but he yawns. He covers his mouth quickly and mutters me his apologize. I can see that he's trying to focus at me again.
 
"Yes?" he says since I don't say anything. He looks tired. Well, we are tired. We have hectic schedules this week. No wonder he's feeling sleepy now.
 
I shake my head and says, "Let's talk about it tomorrow. I want to sleep now."
 
He hits my shoulder lightly, "Don't give me cliffhanger!"
 
I laugh and stand up. I tell him to go to his room because we have another busy schedule tomorrow.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
Even though I'm tired, I can't go to sleep. I've been trying to sleep in the last hour but I still couldn't fall asleep.
 
I stand up and grab my gray jacket. I take out my DSLR and stop when I see a white scarf on the table. It's Yoseob's.
 
I put it around my neck. I think I will need it since it's midnight and I'm sure it will be cold outside.
 
I make sure that I've locked my door before I go to the elevator. I push the button to the highest floor of the apartment.
 
It is the second time I visit the rooftop. I look at the view of sleeping city from the rooftop. I take a deep breath; I feel much better now.
 
I set my DSLR and take a picture of the sleeping city. It's so beautiful.
 
A thought crosses my mind. I take out my phone from my pocket and text a message to Yoseob,
 
"The view is amazing. I feel better."
 
It's not a reply for his messages, I know. I'm sure he is asleep now, I know that too. But I just want to tell him what I'm feeling now. That's all.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
My phone vibrates. I groan and wonder who sent me a text message at this hour. My eyes widened when I look at the sender: Sora.
 
"The view is amazing. I feel better."
 
She didn't say that she has forgive me. She didn't give me an answer of why she is avoiding me.
 
The view? Is she at the rooftop?
 
I jump out from my bed and wear my black jacket. I wear my shoes and leave the room, rush to the rooftop with the elevator.
 
I open the door to the rooftop and find Sora is taking pictures with her DSLR. She turns around when I close the door.
 
She has a really shocked expression; probably because she thought that I won't read the text message right after she sent it. She puts her camera back into the camera bag and walks to my stand.
 
I grab her hand. I know she is going to avoid me again. I won't let it happen. Not again.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
I turn around when I heard a closed door sound. Yoseob is standing in front of me.
 
I feel my heart is beating faster just by looking at him. I put back my camera back and walk to the door. Why is he awake at this hour?
 
He stops me until I turn to look at him. I avoid his eyes and stare at the ground. He doesn't let go of my hand.
 
Geez, my cheeks are blushing again.
 
He loosen his grip. I think he is letting go of me; maybe I can run away now.
 
Yoseob buries his head in my hair, inhales my scent deeply, "Your hand is cold."
 
I shiver because of his warm breath. He wraps my hands in his. He's right, it's really cold right now.
 
Suddenly he cups my face with his hands and grins, "Now my hands are warm because of your cheeks."
 
I'm blushing even more now. I was trying to make him pull away but he has released his hands from my face. He takes off his black jacket and puts it on me.
 
Before I can even say anything, he puts his forehead on mine. His hands are gripping his jacket, making sure that I won't take off his jacket.
 
"Glove," he whispers. "Scarf. Jacket. Anything. I'll give you anything. Just don't avoid me anymore."
 
He says it with sad tone. He sounds suffered because of my ignorance towards him. I look at him; he is closing his eyes as if he is waiting for my respond.
 
I shiver; it is really cold and now he is not wearing a jacket. I touch his hands and I can feel his cold hands.
 
"I'm not mad at you," I whisper, trying to fight back the coldness.
 
He opens his eyes and gives me an innocent smile.
 
It's true. I'm not mad at him. I just can't control myself whenever I look at him. I don't know what is happening with me.
 
"Promise me then," he touches my cheek with his cold hand, "don't ever ignore me again."
 
I nod just because it's getting colder now. We must go back to our rooms now.
 
"It's a promise then," he grins.
 
 
[Yoseob's POV]
 
I hold her hand and lead her back to her room. It's really cold up there. I ask her to keep wearing my jacket because I know she's not good with cold weather.
 
"Thanks," she mutters when we arrive in front of her door. She returns my black jacket and I take it back from her. She ignored my request to keep wearing the jacket because I refused her from returning my white scarf. I want her to keep the scarf but I think she doesn't want to do the same with my jacket.
 
"You're welcome," I move her hair behind her ear. I trail her hair and kiss the edge of her long hair, just like what I always did. She blushes again.
 
I know I should have stop myself from teasing her but I can't help myself.
 
"Good night then," I release my hold but she pulls me softly by hand and lands a kiss on my left cheek.
 
 
[Sora's POV]
 
"Good night then," Yoseob release his hold on my hand.
 
Not knowing what happened in my mind, I pull him and tiptoe, pressing my lip on his left cheek. I pull away and look at the ground, whispering slowly, "We're even now."
 
I don't know what his expression right now. I don't know what's gotten into me.
 
He leans closer to my ear; I'm making myself clear not to turn to him so nothing will happen again.
 
He whispers, "You're not fair."
 
I look at him; he is blushing. He tries to cover his face with his hands but I still can see his blushed cheeks.
 
I quickly give him a bow and excuse myself to go back to my room.
 
My heart is beating so fast now.
 
What is happening to me?