04 First Photo

So Sweet, So Simple

[Gikwang's POV]

"Doneee!" I shout and put the headphone down. We're done for four songs now. It took around 4 hours to finish the recording. It's already 11 AM now and I'm really hungry.

"I want to eat. I want to eat. I want to eat," Dongwoon hums. "Anyone?"

"Me!" the other members, including me, answer his question. We totally need food now.

I turn to look at Sora. She doesn't react to our loud conversations. She is looking at the results of her job when we were recording at her DSLR.

"Sora," I sit next to her. The others are discussing about the place to have lunch today. "Any idea for lunch?"

"Anything is fine," she answers without looking at me. She is concentrating with her camera.

I try to take a peek of her photographs. I am curious about the result too.

She notices my eyes are trying to look at the pictures because suddenly she gives her camera to me, "Here."

I smile widely and take the camera from her, "Thank you."

I click the next button to look at the pictures, one by one.

Doojoon. He was singing his first line in "Fiction" in this picture. He was closing his eyes, trying to get the right feeling.

Junhyung. He was rapping the final part of "The Fact". His hand was in the middle of the air like usual.

Dongwoon and Hyunseung. They were laughing. It's taken when we're on our break before the third song. They looked really happy in this picture.

It's me. I was singing my line in "You". I was smiling because Yoseob was looking at me with puppy eyes, trying to tease me.

Yoseob. He was singing his part in "You" in the picture. You can see that he's singing with all his heart in this picture.

Six of us. We're laughing. It's taken after "You" was finished. She took this without us noticing. Well, we always concentrate with our recording and couldn't hear her camera's sound as well.

"So?" she asks my opinion.

I return her camera, "It's really great. I mean it."

"Good," she smiles. It the first time that I see her smile since the first time I met her. Just like what I thought, she is cute.

Right before I want to say that she is cute with her smile, someone cuts in.


[Yoseob's POV]

We've decided to eat lunch at a cafe near this recording studio. Doojoon is talking to our manager about the rest of our songs that haven't been recorded while I'm looking for Gikwang.

There he is. He sits next to Sora and looking at her camera. Sora is watching him clicking the next button of the camera silently. Gikwang returns her camera and say something to her.

Suddenly, I don't know what they're talking about, but Sora smiles.

Yes, she smiles.

Wow, it's rare. I thought that she was a totally emotionless person. But it's nice to see her smile.

"Smile more often, will you?" I step closer to them.

Gikwang looks up at me and smiles to Sora, "He's right. You're cute when you smile."

Her smile has disappeared. She talks as if nothing happened, "I will put the photos on my laptop first before I show them to all of you."

She stands up and leaves us.

Did we do something wrong?


[Sora's POV]

That's why I hate to smile. I know they're trying to be nice with me. I'm expresionless, thanks to my childhood days. My sister is always the one who showered by love, care, and everything nice. I am always being the second in everything.

Say it. I'm jealous with her.

She's good with everything. She is engaged with his boytfriend; a really caring boyfriend that she met in college. She is a human resource development manager in one of the biggest company in Seoul. She is pretty, feminine, and smart.

And how about me?

The only thing that made my parent proud of me was the fact that I've graduated a year earlier than I should be. I have good grades since I was a little kid.

She is good with getting along with new people. I'm really bad at getting along quickly with new people. I'd rather build a wall around me so I don't need to bother them as well.

I put back my DSLR in the camera bag and follow them to a cafe. It's a small cafe yet it has comfortable aura.

I take a seat next to Yoseob and order a spaghetti for my lunch. Each of them starts to order as well. I take out my camera again, prepare to take some pictures of them at lunch.

"You're going to take photos here too?" Doojoon asks me.

I nod, "Do you mind?"

"No, not all!" Hyunseung grins. "Feel free to take our pictures!"

I stand up and ask them to sit closer. Their manager has joined too. I get them in a frame and click the button.

"That's a totally cool camera," Junhyung mutters, looking at my DSLR.


[Gikwang's POV]

Sora sits back to her seat after taking some pictures. I look at her, trying to figure out why she is acting so cold. If only she smiles more often, it will be great.

Although, I must admit, her photographs are amazing. It's the first time for us to have a personal photographer because the idea of monthly photobook is only decided around two weeks ago, but we've been models for photography a lot and she is totally a professional; I know that.

She took candid pictures in right moments, right angles, right position.

"Can I try to take a shot?" Yoseob asks her. He is sitting next to her.


[Yoseob's POV]

"Can I try to take a shot?" I ask her. I doubt she will let me try but, hey, it's worth a try.

"Sure," her answer surprises me. She tells me to set the focus first and click the button when I'm ready.

I try it to Junhyung and Dongwoon. Wow, the result is great. This camera is awesome.

"Cool," I mutters and I know she is looking at me.

Suddenly an idea passes my head. I lean closer to her, rotate the camera carefully with my left hand and click the button so it takes our picture together in a frame.

I look at the result and smile, "Now that's our first photo together."


[Gikwang's POV]

Our manager, Doojoon, and Junhyung are talking about the next recording schedule while Dongwoon and Hyunseung are looking through the menu for the dessert.

Suddenly Yoseob leans closer to Sora and rotate her camera so the camera can take a picture of them together. It is surprising me since I'm sitting across to them. At first I thought that Yoseob was going to take a picture of me.

"Now that's our first photo together," he smiles and returns the camera to her.

Well, well, Yoseob loves to take some pictures. He always love to take self-camera pictures. But I don't think Sora is the type of selca person.


[Sora's POV]

"Now that's our first photo together," he returns my camera.

I'm surprised by his action. I look at the picture. He is smiling widely while I looked at the camera without a smile.

"It's dangerous to hold on the camera with only one hand," that's all I say.

His smile has disappeared. Hey, I only told him the truth.

"Thanks," I mutter, try to make him feel better. "It's been a while since I have a picture of myself."

He grins now, "Glad to hear it!"

The waiter comes and serves us our orders. The members are talking to each other now while I'm putting my DSLR back in the bag after turn it off.

"Let's eat!" Yoseob says happily.

Photobucket