MARRIED?! {Part 1}

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

-----Tuesday-----

-----At the hospital-----

“Daddy!” you ran to your dad and hugged him.

“Jenny…can’t …. Breathe…” he said he tried to hug you back.

“Did the doctor say that you’ll be alright?” you asked in a worried tone.

“Well, they did some tests and they’re saying that I’m alright, but I have to be at the hospital a lot and so I’m actually moving into the hospital, to live in this ward where they’ll constantly look after me.”

“Well at least you’re living I’m happy.” You said with a smile, you didn’t care if he was living in the hospital at least your dad was still living.

“Umm… Jenny ah…” your dad said with a pause.

“What is it daddy? Do you want something to eat? I’ll go and get something for you.” You said as you stood up.

“No, that’s not it.” Your dad said, as he pulled you back down to sit on his bed. “you know how I’ve always wanted to see you happy”

“Yes dad, what father wouldn’t want their child to be happy?”

“Well… I’ve always wanted to see you get married, but I’m afraid the cancer isn’t going to wait for that, so I want you to marry my best friend’s son.”

“WHAT?!” you screamed at the top of your lungs.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“…. I want you to marry my best friend’s son.”

“WHAT?!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. Did my dad just say what I think he said?

“Marry…? Me…? Dad… but my training…” I stuttered, I couldn’t even make complete sentences. My training days will be over. I won’t be able to be a trainee anymore if I get married. I don’t even know the guy, how will I love him, let alone marry him. This is so wrong.

“Jenny ah, I know this isn’t what you planned but I want to see you get married and take you down that aisle and I know, if you become famous then you won’t have time for dating and if you do, it’ll be too late.” He said in a sad tone.

My eyes started to well up with tears. “Dad, I’ll think about it. I’ll do it for you dad, I’m only doing this for you.” Tears fell down my cheeks.

“Jenny ah, my baby… I would never do anything to hurt you, don’t worry, the boy is also a trainee at SM like you.” Great, so now two people’s lives are ruined. I can’t let my feelings get in the way of my dad being happy, I’ll just marry the guy and then divorce him if I don’t like him. I mean, it’s not like I’m going to let him sleep in the same bed as me.

“Dad, I’ll do it.” I said it. I’ll do it. This is for you dad.

“Jenny, are you sure?”

“Yes dad, I want to do this, for you, for mum…” I paused, “and for me.” I held in my tears.

“Jenny that’s great!” dad hugged me really tight, I was happy to see him happy so I faked a smile. “Don’t worry, I have spoken to the president of your company and he said that he’ll sort things out, since I’m his friend and everything, he can’t turn me down.” Dad said as he smiled.

“Did you use the puppy dog eyes, daddy?”

“Well… about that… if it works for your mum, then it’ll work for him.” Dad said with a smile. I really like his smiles, they were always so genuine, if he wasn’t happy then he would just say it, he has never faked a smile. I just wonder who my husband is going to be and how are Christine and everyone going to react when they find out? Will my schoolwork be affected?

My mum walked into the room with Jay, holding trays of food. “Jenny ah, have you talked to daddy yet?”

I nodded. “Yes mum, I have but can I meet him first before I make a final decision?”

Mum nodded her head, put the trays in her hand down and gave me a hug. “You know, you are very brave for doing this, you’re dad and I are very happy to hear this.”

“Hear what? What is going on? Who is this boy that my baby sister is going to meet?” Jay said in confusion. He seemed worried.

“Jenny is getting married!” dad said with a smile.

“WHAT!” Jay said as he walked around the room. He spent the next ten minutes ranting on why I shouldn’t be getting married. “Fine, I’ll let Jenny get married but they are not to sleep in the same bed, arasseo?”

Mum and dad nodded their heads and signalled for me and Jay to outside.

“You two go home, you need a rest, and you’ve had too much to deal for one day.”

We nodded our heads and made our way to the entrance/exit of the hospital. Jay stopped in his tracks and pulled me to the side so we wouldn’t be in people’s way.

“Jenny ah, are you sure you want to do this,” he asked with a hurt look on his face. He knew that I didn’t want to marry anyone yet and that I was only doing it for dad, I honestly don’t want to marry anyone, but it’s for dad… it’s for dad.

“Yes oppa, I want to do this, you don’t have to worry about your baby sister, anyways, for your information, and I can totally look after myself if he tries to do anything.” I said with a happy face.

Jay sighed and looked defeated. “Fine, but if he does anything and I mean anything at all, you tell me alright?”

“Yes! Aish, you’re so overprotective; sometimes I just want to get married so I wouldn’t be under your cloud of over protectiveness.” I said as I laughed.

“Let’s go home,” said Jay as said with a frown.

“Don’t frown otherwise, when you debut, people would call you grandpa from all the wrinkles you have” I said laughing. Jay stayed silent the whole way home.

I walked into the house and ran straight up to my room and crash landed onto my bed. I lay on my bed and told myself not to think about the whole situation that I was in. Gosh, my life really isn’t looking good right now. I sighed and took my iPod and started listening to music until I feel asleep.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~