Dad is sick again?

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

When everyone reached you, Key and Onew, they saw you and Onew yelling.

“Hyung, what is Jenny noona and Onew hyung arguing over?” asked Taemin.

“Oh, when Jenny and Onew walked out of the bathroom, I said “Tofu ah, you took your time”” replied Key.

“But why are they arguing over that?”

“It’s because they both think that they are ‘Tofu’”

“Yeah, but isn’t Onew Tofu?” asked Jonghyun

“Well yeah, but that’s also Jenny’s nickname.” Replied Key as he started laughing.

“YOU’RE CRAZY!” Onew yelled at you.

“YEAH AND YOU’RE CRAZIER!” you yelled back.

Key and the others were laughing so hard and they decided to get you guys out of your misery.

“*laughs* both of you are *laughs* Tofu *laughs*” they all said in unison.

“WHAT! THEY STOLE MY NICKNAME!” you and Onew said as you two pointed at each other.

After a lot of contemplating and debating. Everyone decided that if both of you are in the same room, then no one is to call anyone of you two ‘tofu’.

*I don’t want to be without you girl majimak insaneun jeobeodugil barae*  (Last farewell – Big Bang)

“Sorry guys, I have to take this phone call.” You said to the guys and they nodded their heads and continued walking as you walked away to somewhere quiet.

-----Phone call-----
You: Hey Jay oppa!
Jay: Jenny ah, you have to come home. Something bad happened.
You: Eh? What? What bad thing happened? *You started to worry inside but outside you seemed calm*
Jay: It’s… it’s… it’s … dad, he’s sick again and he’s in Seoul hospital. I’ll pick you up… Hello? Jenny? Hello?
-----End of phone call-----

You dropped your phone and you started tearing up. You didn’t want the others to see you upset so you decided to fake a stomach ache.

“Ah… oppa, Taemin, Christine I have to go. Ah… my stomach hurts. I… I… I gotta go” you said as you pretended to be really sick.

“Jenny ah, do you want me to go with you?” asked Key.

“Nah oppa I’ll be alright. I just gotta go home and relax, you know how I’ve been training a lot” you replied. You tried your best at lying you knew it wouldn’t work so you changed your mind frame and told yourself that you would be ‘acting’ so that you would feel less guilty.

As soon as you said that, you ran quickly to the exit and ran all the way to the hospital. You say Jay standing at the reception waiting for you.

“Oppa! Where is dad? Take me to him quickly!” you yelled with tears welling up in your eyes. Your dad has been sick for a year now but you only found out 6 months ago. Your dad has kept it from you until you found out.

-----Flashback-----

“Daddy! You got mail!” you screamed out to your dad.

“Open it for me and read it to me, I’m in the bathroom!” your dad yelled back.

You stared at the big yellow envelope and saw that it came from Seoul Hospital. You were curious and you opened it and decided to read ahead so that when you read it to your dad, your Korean would be fluent. You read the note. Your eyes suddenly start pouring out with tears; you didn’t even get a chance to hold them in. You broke down on the floor and started crying.

“Jenny what’s the n–” your dad was walking down the stairs until he saw you on the ground crying.

You showed him the envelope and stood up and ran out the door. You decided to run, not sure of where you were going. You soon reached Han River and cried your heart out.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~                                                          

Why didn’t he tell me? I could have handled it. Why? He’s had the cancer for 4 months and I only find out now. I feel so betrayed. My dad is sick and I didn’t even know about it. I’m such a bad daughter. All the times that he and mum went to a ‘job meeting’ together I should have known that it was suspicious but I didn’t even ask. Aish! Why am I so stupid?

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

For one whole month, you isolated yourself from others and that’s the only thing you did. You didn’t be mean to anyone or give people attitude but you did try to avoid anyone and all you did all day was practice, sleep, school and eat. You practically lived in SM Headquarters. At school you tried to be different, you tried to be your bubbly self .Key had known you for a while to know that you had anything wrong. You opened up to him more and more and you returned back to your normal self.

-----End of flashback------

Jay held you back. “Jenny ah, dad’s in surgery, you have to calm down. Being like this isn’t like you. Where’s the bubbly cheery Jenny that dad knows and loves?” he tried to calm you down.

You slowly wiped your tears and sat down with Jay. You rested your head on his shoulders and started to cry silently and soon fell asleep. You woke up later in your dad’s room and saw him sleeping; you quickly ran to his side and held his hand.

“Dad. Please, don’t leave me. You haven’t even seen me debut yet or meet my future group members, dad you have to make it” you whispered to him. “anyway, if you go, you won’t be able to see your grandkids” you tried to cheer yourself up by saying that but all that came out with a faint laugh and tears started welling up in your eyes.

“Jenny ah, let dad rest. We should be getting home. Dad said he wants to see you at 10AM sharp on Tuesday and he wants you at home and resting and going to school tomorrow. Arasseo?”

You nodded your head and went home with your brother.