Pre-debut pics

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

As you were walking out to the kitchen to got a phone call from Ji Yong.

------Phone call------

You: Hey oppa!
Ji Yong: Jenny, we need to talk.
You: You’re not breaking up with me are you? *you joked about it*
Ji Yong: No, I’m letting you free.
You: Letting me free? Oppa, I don’t get what you’re talking about.
Ji Yong: Jenny. Listen to me. I was watching you film for Strong Heart, I was in the audience.
You: Oh! You were? Oppa, why didn’t you tell me oppa? I would have made a shout out to you.
Ji Yong: Jenny. Listen. When I was watching, I saw the way you were when you were telling your story and I saw your eyes when Onew was talking into the camera. I know you still love him. I refuse to be a burden to you, Jenny.
You: Oppa…
Ji Yong: I know, Onew talked to you today. He really does love you Jenny. Listen to me Jenny; you have to be with Onew. You need him and he needs you.
You: I don’t know…
Ji Yong: Jenny, it’s okay. I’ll get over you. It might take some time but I can’t do it. If Key can do it, so can I. Jenny I’ll always love you, just not as much as Onew will. He’ll treat you right.
You: Oppa, thank you…
Ji Yong: Don’t worry it won’t be awkward between us. We’ll still be the best of friends. I’m your… BFFFF?
You: *laughs* oppa, it’s BFF. You don’t have to put so many F’s in it.
Ji Yong: Oh, *laughs* well, go and get him Jenny! We’re dying for you two to be together!
You: I will oppa.
Ji Yong: Bye, Tofu. *laughs*
You: Bye, Dragon. *laughs*

------End of phone call------

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

After the phone call with Ji Yong oppa, I felt as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I then got another phone call and saw that it was Jay oppa. I then felt as if the weight was then dropped back on my shoulders.

------Phone call------

Me: Hey Jay oppa!
Jay: Jenny, what was this I see in the promo of Strong Heart?
Me: Um…. About that…
Jay: When did this guy break your heart? Who is this guy? I’ll kill him! He broke my baby sister’s heart.
Me: *laughs* Oppa, most of it is scripted so you don’t have to worry.
Jay: *sigh* Well, that’s good to know. Tiffany wants to talk to you.
Tiffany: Jenny! Oh my god! I saw the promo. Both you and Onew were crying. Are you ok?
Me: Unni, it’s alright. It was all scripted for my one. I was actually on telling them my story about debuting but it turned out they wanted me to talk about it. But please don’t tell anyone it’s scripted, I’ll be in big trouble with the show.
Tiffany: Ah… I see. Well I guess that’s true because I didn’t think Onew had a serious girlfriend. I guess I should tell Jay about it. Oh! And I forgot to say, YOUR PERFORMANCE WAS AWESOME!
*In the background* Jay: Baby, don’t make Jenny deaf.
Tiffany: Sorry. Well Jenny, I gotta go know. Jay promised me a date so have fun at what you’re doing! Bye!
Me: Bye!

-----End of phone call-----

I let out a sigh of relief and the weight was once lifted off me again. I honestly didn’t think that I’d make it. I thought that Jay and Tiffany would find out. I let out another sigh of relief and I decided that I would go out and hang out with Christine. I called her and told me to meet her at the deserted part of the park near her house. I disguised myself under a pair of sunglasses and hoodie and took the box with the ring inside with me. I was walking and was undetected by the people around me, I finally reached Christine and I ran towards her.

“Christine!” I yelled out to her, she turned around and was smiling at me.

“Jenny!” this caused many people to turn around and look. I was scared that my covered would be blown so I had to do something and fast.

“-Fur, Jennifer! I’m so happy to see you.” Everyone returned to what they were doing and I gave Christine the death glare.

“Nice save Christine.”

“Why thank you.” Christine curtsied and we both laughed. She grabbed my hand and took me to a café. We reached the café and she sat me down.

“Minho told me everything.” She said flatly.

“Huh?”

“Minho told me what happened with you and Onew today. Onew told him and he told me. Are you going to take him back?”

“I don’t know…” I bit my bottom lip. Christine looked at me with a are-you-serious look.

“Jenny, Minho told me that Onew was really truly blackmailed by Krystal. What Onew said on Strong Heart was true. You have to give Onew a chance. I’m sorry to Ji Yong oppa but you belong with Onew. I can’t believe you’re going to be unhappy forever. It’s not going to work Tofu; you can’t leave him in the dark forever.” Christine said without taking a breath. Is she training to be a singer too? I laughed to myself in my head.

“Christine, you know how I sold the wedding and yeah, well…” I paused; I honestly wasn’t sure how to say it. “Well, Onew somehow found it and kept it with him all this time.”

“Oh! Really? And?”

“And he came to me yesterday and told me that he bought it back somehow and has kept both our rings all this time.” I smiled softly.

“You really love him don’t you?”

“Well, I guess…” I smiled foolishly again.

Christine grabbed my hand, “Jenny ah, if you love him then you should be with him but then what about Ji Yong oppa?”

“He called me and told me that I should be with Onew.”

“Wah… I really look up to Ji Yong oppa. He knows when to let someone go. I bet he’ll make an excellent husband one day.” Christine started to stare off somewhere. I clicked my fingers in front of her face to grab her attention.

“Yah, Christine. Aren’t you meant to be with Minho oppa? You’re thinking about Ji Yong oppa?” I pretended to look shock and Christine playfully slapped me.

“So when are you planning to finally be with Onew?”

“I’m not sure…”

We were then distracted by a group of girls walking into the café and talking loudly.

“Aish, school girls are so loud and annoying.” Christine looked pissed off.

“Yah, weren’t we school girls a week ago?” we both laughed and high-fived each other.

“OMO! OMO! OMO! ONEW OPPA WAS SEEN RUNNING INTO AN APARTMENT COMPLEX!!!” screamed one of the girls. Christine and I paid close attention to what they were saying.

“Really? Where is this apartment complex?” asked another girl.

“Apparently, it’s Jenny Park’s dorm. Rumour has it that she and Onew used to be married.”

“MARRIED! OMO! ONEW OPPA CAN’T BE MARRIED!” the girls screamed.

“Don’t you think I’d be impossible? I mean, they looked so awkward around one another when we went to watch them film for Strong Heart.” Said another girl.

“No, did you not see how looked at one another during the filming? There was definitely some sparks. And their performance yesterday. When they performed ‘Vanilla Love’ it looked too real to be fake. I know something is definitely going on between them.”

“You’re right, there are some photos of them together during pre-debut days. How can they both be SM trainees, go to the same school and not know or talk about to each other? Something doesn’t sound right.”

Suddenly, Christine stood up and dragged me over. I quickly wore on my sunglasses and put my hoodie over my head. We went over the girls and they gave Christine a look.

“Hi! My name is Christine, I heard you talking about Onew oppa, and I’m really curious about what is happening.”

“Ah… I see, so you’re a SHINee fan too. And who’s your friend with the sunglasses on?”

“My name is Je-” I quickly corrected myself. “Jae Min.”

“Why are you wearing sunglasses indoors?”

I honestly didn’t know how to answer but luckily Christine saved me. “Sorry about that, my friend is blind but she is a SHINee fan.”

“I see. Well what do you want to know about SHINee?”

“We want to know about the pictures that were taken of Onew and Jenny Park, I think her name was.” Christine pretended to look clueless.

“Here.” The girl showed Christine the laptop and there were many pictures of me and Onew together during our pre-debut day and a few recent ones. There were was a picture of:

  • Onew carrying a girl on his back while at hospital. Obviously that girl was me.
  • Onew hugging me while we were at school and smiling.
  • Me hugging a guy and smiling.
  • Me and Onew sitting next to one another in class.

There was a picture that caught my attention the most. A picture on our wedding day. It was a picture of Onew and me when we kissed. Luckily the faces were blurred and covered so people couldn’t really make out it was Onew and me. Christine saw the picture and gasped out loud and one of the girls let out a sigh.

“I know, I really hope that it isn’t them.” Christine’s eyes were wide and nodded her head along with the other girls.

“Christine, I think it’s time for us to go. I have my appointment that I have to keep.” I tugged on Christine’s shirt.

“Sorry girls, we have to go. Thanks for sharing us the information. Bye” Christine waved goodbye. I pretended to wave in the other direction and Christine corrected me. We walked out the café and after walking for some time we started bursting out laughing.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

“You’re good at playing a blind Tofu.”

“Thank you.” you bowed and did a little curtsy. You and Christine linked arms and started walking around. “I can’t believe they got hold of the wedding photos.”

“Yeah, I wonder who realised the photos. You know this issue is going to get bigger and bigger.”

“I know, but am I to do? I only debuted for a day and I’m already creating a lot of scandals and rumours.”

“Hello… you can still date him and be with him secretly. It’s not like it’s going to matter.”

You let out a sigh. “I guess I should talk to him later. About us.”

“Yes, you should! You know everyone will be at peace. SHINee with be much happier and so will our life.”

“Alrighty, I should get going, I need to rehearse for my performance on Music Bank tonight. Be sure to meet me at my dorm at 5 so I can give you a backstage pass.”

“OK. Bye Tofu.”

“Bye Christine.” You waved goodbye and started walking to your dorm. You finally reached your dorm and your manager was waiting for you.

“Jenny, where were you?”

“Oh, sorry unni. I had to do something.”

“Come on, let’s go. We need you to get used to the stage. The dances are still the same so you don’t need to worry.”

“Alright. Let’s go.”

You got into the van and you closed your eyes for a little while before being woken up by your manager.

“Jenny, we need to talk.” Your manager looked concerned.

“What is it unni?”

“Well, we aren’t really happy with some of the pictures that have been surfacing on the internet. There are some wedding pictures that have surfaced. Is there something that you’re not telling us?”

“Yes. To be honest. I was married to Onew but it was an arranged marriage so it didn’t mean anything. We called off the marriage before I became a YG trainee. It has nothing to do with the YG Company.”

“I see. An arranged marriage? That’s pretty extreme. So anyways, are you looking forward to your performance?”

“Yeah, I’m going to give it all I got and try and beat my brother.”

“Now, that’s the spirit. Now get some rest, I’ll wake you up when we get there.” You closed your eyes and soon you were asleep.

“Oppa… you don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for this moment. I love you oppa, I love you…” you started sleep talking.

“Jenny, what are you on about?” Your manager asked.

“Onew oppa, I agree to marry you. For real this time, it won’t be an arranged marriage.”

“Aigoo… Jenny.  Are you sleep talking again?” your manager smiled at you. “This must be really hard for you.”