So unexpected.

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

You held the microphone tightly in your hand and embraced yourself as you saw the curtains part. The fans were screaming out and chanting your name. You looked up and saw many banners with your name and some had pictures of chicken on it. You smiled and the music started. You held the mic up to your mouth and started singing. The fans were cheering louder as you showed off your dancing, singing and rapping skills. The lights were glaring at you as it changed from one colour to another. Your eyes started to go watery and you couldn’t stand the lights anymore because you couldn’t see anything anymore. You didn’t want to mess up the performance so you decided to go off the stage and go into the audience area, there was light but it wasn’t as bright as the one on the stage.

The fans were surprised and started to scream even louder as you came up and shook their hands. You then went up to the camera and signalled the camera to follow you, you went around dancing and when your eyes started to feel better, you went back on the stage and finished off the song with some powerful dance moves. As you froze in your position, many people were clapping and cheering. The curtains closed and you went backstage. The PD ran up to you.

“Jenny-sshi!”

“Aish, I’m going to get into trouble” you said to yourself.

“Jenny-sshi! What do you think you were doing? You were meant to stay on the stage. You’re lucky we were able to quickly change cameras.”

“I’m really sorry PD-nim, but the lights were hurting my eyes really bad, I didn’t want to mess up my debut performance so I had to do something about it. I’m really sorry.” You bowed to him.

“No, it’s alright. That was a very professional thing of you to do. Next time give us some warning ok?” he laughed and walked off. You turned around and saw Jay running towards you. He gave you a bear hug.

“Oppa… can’t… breathe…”

“THAT WAS SO EPIC! THE WAY YOU WENT OFF THE STAGE TO SHAKE THE FAN’S HAND AND STUFF! OMG! THAT WAS SO AWESOME!”

You pushed him before being squeezed to death by Ji Yong. “That was a really awesome job you did Jenny. You were so great up there.”

You smiled and hugged him back. “Thank you Ji Yong oppa and Jay oppa. You two are the best!”

“What? What about us?” I turned around to see Key walking towards me with Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho and Christine behind him. I didn’t see Onew and for some reason I felt disappointed, I felt like something was missing, something very important.

“What? No, Jay oppa is my best brother, Ji Yong oppa is my best boyfriend, Key oppa, you’re my best guy friend, Jonghyun oppa is my best skin ship friend, Taemin is my best dancing friend, Minho is my best caring friend and Christine is my best girl friend.” You smiled and everyone went towards you and gave you a hug.

“That was a nice save Tofu.” Key whispered in your ears as he gave you a hug. You laughed and your manager grabbed your hands and pulled you away.

“I’m sorry guys, but I have to take Jenny away now. She needs to prepare for her next performance.”

“Oh! I totally forgot!” you talked to yourself. “Sorry guys, I guess I have to go. See you after the show.” You went off with your manager.

“Jenny, what you did was very unexpected, I didn’t even know how the people were going to react.”

“I know, I acted in the moment. I will think more before doing anything.”

“No, I mean, yes but just give us warning before hand like during rehearsals.”

“Min Young unni, I couldn’t, it was because of the lights, they were hurting my eyes so much I had to get off the stage.”

“Ah… I see.” Your manager opened the door to your dressing room and it was filled up with flowers, stuffed toys and baskets.

“Whoa! What’s all this?”

“All the presents from your fans, the rest are in the van.” Your manager pulled you down to the seat in front of the mirror and your stylist started redoing your hair.

“In the van?”

“Yes Jenny, in the van. You’re already having so much support.”

“WHOA! THIS IS SO AWESOME!” you smiled widely and your manager pulled you up as your stylist finished fixing your hair. The stylist then gave you an outfit which was basically shorts, t-shirt and hoodie. The shorts were reached the top of your knees, the shirt had a picture of a heart with butterflies flying around it and the hoodie had a picture of Snoopy on it. You wore a pair of pale yellow Converse shoes and your stylist looked at you to examine you.

“Aish! Jenny ah, you look so cute!” she pinched your cheeks and led you towards the door. “Now go out there and make your family, friends, fans and family proud.”

“Thanks unni!” You ran out and ran towards backstage before bumping into Ji Yong.

“Oh! Sorry oppa!” Ji Yong smiled at you and grabbed your hands and started running towards backstage.

“Come on Jenny, we wouldn’t want you to be late now would we?”

“Thanks oppa” You squeezed Ji Yong’s hand and he turned around and smiled at you. You two finally reached backstage and the people put and earpiece on you and gave you a microphone. You stood at the bottom of the steps. You saw Onew walking towards you. You felt that the atmosphere was awkward and you thought about the performance. You didn’t want to let your brother or your mum down so you decided that for them, you’d make it work with Onew.

“Onew, let’s do things professionally. Since we’re now two professional singers, let’s do it professionally.” You said to Onew without facing him. There was a pause before Onew answered.

“Ok, let’s get this done with no problems and leave the audience asking for more.” Onew smiled and you smiled too.

You two then heard the previous song end and the MC’s started talking.

“Wow! That was KARA with ‘Honey’! You know what?” said Nickhun.

“That was a really good song. What is it Nickhun?” asked Lee Joon.

“Well… something bad happened today.” Nickhun pouted.

“What is it Nickhun-sshi?” G.O asked looking concerned.

“Well Lee Hyun Ji-sshi is sick today so she won’t be able to perform today.”

“So who is going to take her place? Or will there be no performance?” Lee Joon looked worried; he pretended to bite his nails.

“Well… first of all, I hope Lee Hyun Ji-sshi will get better soon!”

“Lee Hyun Ji-sshi! Get better soon!” G.O and Lee Joon said into the camera.

“Now, without further ado, performing Vanilla Love with Onew-sshi is newcomer Jenny Park!” said Nickhun. There was clapping and cheering. The song started playing and you waited for your time to sing. You were standing backstage and started singing. “sarang-eh ppahjeen soongahn nuhman boheegoshimjang-eun doogoon guh-ryuh”

You grabbed Onew’s hand and started walking up the steps towards the stage. The fans started to scream loudly when they saw you and Onew entering the stage holding hands and smiling at one another. You and Onew were singing and doing cute things to one another and this got the fans screaming even more.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

I decided that I should make it convincing so I held Onew’s hand but when I did, it felt as though I’ve been electric shocked by something. The feeling went through my whole body and I felt a tingly feeling down my spine. I led Onew onto the stage and the fans were screaming out so loudly. I started to sing my part and I looked into Onew’s eyes. For some reason I didn’t want to take my eyes off it. I’ve seen those eyes before; they reminded me of the happy times that we hand together.

We got up to the part where Onew was about to sing the part about “seeing a y lady and looking straight ahead and keep walking” and he pretended to act like a y lady and then quickly changed to an action where he’s just looking forward. I laughed and continued singing. We almost finished the song and then we heard the fans chanting. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” Onew and I shrugged and Onew took off his hat and covered our faces as we pretended to kiss. Or so I thought.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Onew’s POV~~~~~

We were getting near the end and the fans started to chant out “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” I looked over at Jenny and she looked back at me and we both shrugged. I took off my top hat and covered our faces. It was meant to be a pretend kiss but I knew that this was my chance so I kissed her. She looked shocked and I removed the hat so the fans saw her reaction. They probably thought that she was acting. The fans were screaming even more, the song ended and Jenny still looked shocked. I grabbed her hand and winked to the audience. The fans were clapping madly and cheering wildly. Jenny softly jerked her hand away from mine and I let go. We bowed to the fans and walked off the stage. When we got off the stage Jenny looked at me surprised.

“What do you think you’re doing? You think that it’s ok to kiss me anytime you want to? I’m sorry but I’m not some random girl you can use when you want to and throw away like a tissue. Why don’t you just go back to Krystal? She’ll kiss you better than I will.” Jenny quietly said to me before walking off. I wanted to grab her hand and tell her everything but I decided not to ruin her night. Today is her day so I guess I’ll just have to wait.

~~~~~End of Onew’s POV~~~~~