Letting you go~

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

~~~~~Onew’s POV~~~~~

After the show, I felt as if a burden has been lifted off me and that I finally got through to Jenny. I pray that she knows that I really do love her and that I so badly want to be with her. I know that you don’t always end up with your first love but I know Jenny is the one. She is the one for me. Not for Ji Yong but for me, she’s meant to be with me. Tears started welling up in my eyes before my phone started to vibrate. I picked it up to see it was manager hyung. I’m going to get into so much trouble.

------Phone call------

Me: Manager hyung…
Manager: Why did you reveal that on national or possibly international television? You could lose fans!
Me: I’m sorry hyung but I love her.
Manager: What is this? You can’t. This isn’t right. The president isn’t happy with what you said on TV. That wasn’t very idol-like of you.
Me: I’m sorry hyung but idols can love too and you know what? She’s an idol too so it won’t be a hassle that much if that’s what you’re worried about.
Manager: We’ll have a talk after you get back to the dorm.

------End of phone call------

I walked towards Jenny’s dressing room and knocked on the door. She opened it and saw me, I looked into her eyes and for once, it wasn’t filled up with hatred, she opened the door wider and she let me in. I walked into her dressing room to see a lot of pictures of her and other celebrities glued on board. The one that caught my attention was a picture of her by herself but it was ripped in half. I knew that picture. I was taken during our honeymoon.

“What do you want Onew-sshi?” she didn’t look at me and sat down in front of her laptop.

I turned to the door and closed it. “Jenny-ah, you heard my story. My feelings for you are true.”

She shook her head and tears fell down from her pale cheeks. “You’re lying. I don’t need your charity love. I’m not some charity case that you can just help anytime you want.”

I went on my knees and begged her. “Jenny, please listen to me. I LOVE YOU. I NEED YOU. Why won’t you listen to me?”

“Because I love Kwon Ji Yong! You hear me Lee Jin Ki? I love Kwon Ji Yong!” she cried and turned away. My heart was in pain when she said that. I knew she didn’t mean that, she was probably in more pain then I am when she said that.

“Jenny you don’t mean it. When we sang on the stage yesterday, don’t tell you me you didn’t feel something there, when you looked into my eyes before don’t tell me you didn’t feel something. Jenny Park, I love you.” I kept looking into her eyes but then she closed her eyes.

Something took over me and I kissed her, she kissed back. I knew she still loved me. She broke the kissed and pulled me up.

“Get out. Get out. You know what; I did feel something when we sang together. I did feel something when you looked into my eyes. I don’t want to trust those feelings because I don’t want to be thrown away again.” She pushed me out the door and I stood in front of her door just staring at her. She closed her eyes and smiled at me.

“Onew-sshi, thank you for the advice. I’ll try much harder next time.” She waved to me and closed the door. I turned around and decided to go home. I need to rethink this.

~~~~~End of Onew’s POV~~~~~

~~~~~Ji Yong’s POV~~~~~

I heard Jenny was going to be on Strong Heart today so I disguised myself and went to see her. Everyone was talking about their hardship to become famous and tragic love stories and then it finally go up to Jenny. I was really happy to see her on the show; at least she didn’t look uncomfortable. She wrote on her board, ‘first love’, I knew what she was going to talk about Onew. As she was telling her story, I knew her heart was breaking inside. I knew she still loved Onew, I could tell it in her eyes. I guess I would be too greedy if I kept her knowing that she was meant to be with Onew but then again, Onew did treat her badly, I don’t want her to be hurt again.

“Honestly, to tell you the truth, I told myself that I wouldn’t cry when I go on this show but telling this story is breaking my heart all over again.” Jenny looked hurt and she was on the verge of bursting out crying, all I wanted to do was hug her and tell her that I’d never do that to her.

It was then Onew’s turn to tell the story.

“Ah… yes. My story is also tragic as well. I was really in love with this girl. I’ve liked her for a really long time and I finally have the courage to confess to her while we were playing laser tag. Our relationship was going really well until one day; another girl got jealous of my girlfriend and wanted me for herself. She blackmailed me into breaking up with my girlfriend and made me say and do horrible things to my girlfriend. I really regret listening to that girl. My only love left me after the day we broke up and sometimes we’d meet but she would never make a big deal out of it or anything. I really admire her for that.”

“So, you still love her?” Ho Dong asked.

“Yes. I still love her.” Onew said straight out and nodded his head.

“Wow. So if you were to say something to her, would you like to say it to the camera and hope she watches it?”

“Yes, I’d like that.” Onew cleared his throat and said into the camera. “I know our relationship at the start was pretty rocky and things didn’t turn out as we planned but if you listen to me today and know that my feelings for you are genuine then you’d give me a chance. Please. I love you.”

Onew started crying and that’s when I knew, I knew I had to give Jenny up. I guess that’s what you do when you love someone; you put their happiness before yours. I knew it was going to be hard for me but I’ll move on. I’ve had a lot of girlfriends, I know how to get over it it’s just that, she’s too precious to let go. I wasn’t paying attention throughout the rest of the show. All I think about was the way Jenny and Onew looked at each other on the stage yesterday, I knew they still had feelings for each other, and the way they looked at one another on the show was also giving me the signals. I guess I have to do this. I have to do this for Jenny. I just hope Onew won’t break her heart again. The sooner I do this, the better.

~~~~~End of Ji Yong’s POV~~~~~

After Onew started walking towards the entrance, he was stopped by someone whose face was covered by a hoodie.

“I’m sorry; I really need to get home.” Onew said politely.

“Onew-sshi, we need to talk. It’s about Jenny.” the person moved the hoodie slightly and it was Ji Yong. Onew bowed to his sunbae.

“Ji Yong sunbae, what do you want to talk about?”

“Just call me hyung.” Ji Yong and Onew decided to talk inside a car so there would be more privacy.

“What is it hyung?”

“Like I said before, it’s about Jenny. Seriously, both you and I know that you love Jenny and today, I finally accepted the fact that Jenny still has feelings for you. I’ve always told myself that I could be the one in Jenny’s heart but I was completely wrong, it’s you Onew. When she heard you talking to the camera, I could tell right then and there that she loved you. I know that she’s holding back because of me so as the bigger person; I’ll step back and let you be with.”

“Ji Yong hyung, she said she loved you.” Onew was still shocked from what Ji Yong said and was trying to take things in.

“Look, let me explain this to you. She needs you. When you need someone, then they are the one. The one person that you’ve been searching for your whole life, the one you are going to grow old with and have kids with, start a family with.”

“You really think that I’m the one that she needs?”

“Yes.” Ji Yong let out a sigh. “You need to get her back, catch her heart and never ever let go, don’t be the idiot that you were a year ago. If you do, I know there are many guys out there who are willing to treat her right.”

“Yes hyung.” Onew hugged Ji Yong and bowed. “Thank you hyung. I’ll go to Jenny now! You’ve given me the boost that I need.”

Ji Yong waved goodbye and Onew stepped out of the car. Onew started running; he was running as fast as he could, despite being spotted by fans. They took photos and were screaming and this got him to run even more. He finally ended up at his destination. He stood outside the dorm that you were living in. He stood in front of the door and composed himself before he knocked on the door. Someone opened the door and Key opened the door.

“Hyung…” Key looked surprised. “What are you doing here?”

“Um… I’m here to talk to um… Jenny.”

“Why? I don’t think Jenny wants to talk to you. She told me what you did today Onew hyung. Why can’t you just let her be with the one that she loves?”

“I am, that person is me. Key please let me talk to her.”

Key stood there and didn’t know what to say or do. Until Jenny came out.

“Key it’s alright, I’ll talk to him. You can stay if you want; it’s not like anything we talk about matters anyways.”

“No, you two should talk privately. I’ll go now Jenny.” You and Key hugged and Key went away. You let Onew in and walked towards the kitchen.

“You can sit down on the sofa and watch TV if you want. Minzy and CL aren’t at home right now.”

Onew did as he was told and the TV. Just then there was a promo for the Strong Heart episode that you and Onew were filming.

*Caption* Tragic love story.

“We even thought of marriage.”

“He was a SM trainee.”

*Caption* Who broke her heart?

*Caption* Who has stolen Onew’s heart?

“She blackmailed me into breaking up with my girlfriend.”

“So, you still love her?”

“ Yes. I still love her.”

“My feelings for you are genuine” “

Please. I love you.”

*It then showed you and Onew crying*

You walked out of the kitchen just in time to see the promo.

“That was quick” You said casually.

“Jenny, my feelings for you are genuine.”

“Really?” you didn’t seem convinced and sat down on the couch on the other side of the room.

“Yes, why would I keep this?” Onew took out the necklace hiding underneath his shirt. On it were the wedding rings that you and Onew had. You were shocked because you already sold the ring. Your eyes widen and you stood up.

“I-I-I-I-I sold that…” you pointed to the ring.

“Yeah, and I bought it. Jenny, we said to each other that these rings had a meaning. Why would you sell the meaning of our love like that without even looking for it.” Onew held on the two rings dangling on the necklace. “Jenny, when I heard that you sold it, I went to every jewellery store and tried looking for it. Jenny, that’s how much you mean to me.”

You didn’t say anything but just stared at the two rings. “Jenny, I’ve been wearing these two rings with me hoping that one day I could finally get you to wear your ring back on.”  Onew was on the verge of tears and he walked closer to you as he took off the necklace.

“Onew…” was all you could say. Onew took off your ring and placed it in your hand.

“Jenny, when you realise that I’m the one that you should be with, please, please wear it on your ring finger.” Onew then walked out of your dorm leaving you standing there still in a daze. You were trying to take in everything that he just said. Tears formed in your eyes and you looked down at the ring. It was exactly how you remembered it. You looked closer at something engraved inside the ring. ‘The tofu couple will fight on!’ You smiled softly at the rings and tears fell from your eyes and landed on the ring. You snapped out of it went into your room and closed the door. Your heart was beating really hard and your palms got sweaty. You looked at the ring again and walked over to your desk. You opened up a small box and placed the ring in it. You then put duct tape all over it, leaving no space. You then put a note on it saying, ‘Don’t open until you’re ready to <3 again’. You smiled and walked out the door.