I'm sorry.... that i didn't kick it harder!

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

-----The next day-----

You were used to your father going in and out of hospital now that you weren’t very upset every time he went. You told yourself that he was doing checkups and getting recharged.

“Hey Christine let’s play soccer!” you said enthusiastically as you dragged her up as she was reading her all time favourite book, Harry Potter.

“Wait… wait… wait… wait…” she replied as she was skim reading the book.

“Fine, I don’t get why you read it so many times Christine, you’ve read it so many times you’ve probably learnt it off by heart.” You said as you frowned and pouted.

“I know! But I can’t help it. It’s so addicting. Unless… you want me to read…’ she paused.

“What?”

“TWILIGHT!” she yelled out as she held her hands out like claws.

“ARGH! ANYTHING BUT THAT!” you said as you playfully pretended to be scared. Both of you laughed and high-fived each other. Christine soon finished reading the chapter and walked over to the field.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“I know! But I can’t help it. It’s so addicting. Unless… you want me to read…” said Christine but then she paused. I knew what she was going to say but I wanted to play along so I replied.

“What?”

“TWILIGHT!” she yelled out.

“ARGH! ANYTHING BUT THAT!” I yelled out. We both high-fived each other and I waited for Christine to finish reading the chapter and we walked over to the field to kick the soccer ball around.

I was kicking it pretty hard and Christine would always chase after it and kick it and read her Harry Potter book at the same time. It’s good to see her multitasking and everything but she was kicking it pretty lightly. She kept doing this and I felt like I needed to encourage her a little bit.

“YAH! CHRISTINE! KICK THE BALL HARDER! IT’S NOT FUN FOR ME IF YOU KICK THE BALL SOFTLY, THERE’S NO CHALLENGE FOR ME!” I yelled to Christine because she was about 20 metres away.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

~~~~~Christine’s POV~~~~~

“YAH! CHRISTINE! KICK THE BALL HARDER! IT’S NOT FUN FOR ME IF YOU KICK THE BALL SOFTLY, THERE’S NO CHALLENGE FOR ME!” Jenny screamed out.

I honestly do like playing soccer or in this case kicking a ball but Harry Potter was waiting for me, the wizarding world is waiting for me. I thought to myself for a while, what if I kick this ball really hard to the extent where it gets lost? Then Tofu would have to find it and that would take a while which gives me some reading time. Excellent! I’ll do that. I stepped a few metres backwards from the ball, placed the bookmark into my Harry Potter book and ran full speed towards the ball. If Jenny wanted a challenge, then she’ll have it. I laughed to myself at the thought of Tofu trying to find the ball while I peacefully read my book. I kicked the ball hard and it went flying, along with a patch of grass, high in the air, it went flying over the trees that separated the field from the ‘popular people’ area where all the kingkas and queenkas hang out. I really hope that the ball hits one of them except for Minho that is and Key I too and Taemin as well since he’s so cute, gosh sometimes I just want to pitch his cheeks. I looked up and saw Jenny giving me the thumbs up.

“THAT WAS GREAT! BUT NEXT TIME AIM FOR ME, NOT THE TREES!” she yelled out as she smiled and ran towards the ‘popular’ people area. She ran towards the ‘popular’ area. I waited for 10 minutes and saw that Tofu still hasn’t return. I decided to go and find her. I found her, I found her alright, arguing with Onew. I swear, those two argue so much.

“I HATE YOU!” yelled Onew.

“Oh really? That’s the sweetest thing you’ve said to me, I HATE YOU TOO!” Tofu yelled back.

That’s all I heard because then my eyes met Minho’s eyes. I swear I kind of melted a little bit. I just walked over to him.

“Hey, who long have they’ve been at this?” I asked Minho

“Hm… about 5 minutes; ever since Onew regained consciousness.” he replied.

“Since he regained consciousness?” I asked as I was shocked and pretty sure that it was my fault.

“Oh, I think Jenny kicked Onew in the head with a soccer ball” Minho said as he chuckled a little bit. I couldn’t help but chuckle a long with him.

~~~~~End of Christine’s POV ~~~~~

~~~~~Onew’s POV~~~~~

“Onew hyung, you have to get along with Jenny” begged Key. Honestly, I don’t know why he’s being so nice to that girl? She’s just one of those nerds that we used to pick on. Why are we befriending them? This is so ridiculous; I don’t want to go down to her level.

“Key, are you ok?” I said as I touched his forehead. “Why are you standing up for Jenny? I’ve been your hyung for so long and she’s just pops into our life for less than a year and you take her side?”

“I’m not sick” he said as he pushed my hand away. “I just think that for your safety and Jenny’s, you and her should just forget the past, shake hands and be friends or at least get along with her.”

I gave him a weird look. I swear he’s being blinded by this girl, what’s so good about her anyways? She’s a nerd, she’s clumsy, she’s always happy, always smiling… Her smile… Her smile is so… so… beautiful… AISH! What am I thinking? Lee Jin Ki, Get yourself together! You don’t like Jenny! She is your enemy! Must get my mind on something else. I was thinking so deeply that I didn’t notice that something hit me on the head and I went unconscious.

Later I woke up and heard laughter. My vision was blurry but it cleared up and I saw Jenny holding a stupid soccer ball and laughing her head off. I bet you she did this! She’s always out to get me!

“YAH! YOU DID THIS DIDN’T YOU?! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? YOU MANIAC!” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

“What are you on about? Why would I waste my time in trying to kill you? You idiot! What if I did it? It’s not like you’re dead or anything.” She said with a straight face. “Do you need help getting up?” she said with a smile as she reached her hand out. I really wanted to reach out and hold them and never let go.

“No, it’s alright. I don’t need your help.” I said as I pushed her hand away.

“Don’t have to be such a jerk about it” she said to me in an annoyed tone.

“What did you call me?”

She walked closer to me and started to poke my chest after every word she said. “I *poke* said *poke* you *poke* were *poke* a *poke* JERK *poke*”

I walked closer to her to intimidate her. “I HATE YOU!” I yelled out.

“Oh really? That’s the sweetest thing you’ve said to me, I HATE YOU TOO!”she yelled back.

“Yeah?” I walked closer.

“Yeah” She walked closer.

“Yeah?” I walked closer. Why is my heart beating so fast? Am I going to have a heart attack? No. I can’t I’m too healthy to be sick. I’m really close to her, literally only centimetres apart, my heart is beating so fast I swear it’ll burst out of my chest and start running around. Great! Now I’m staring into her eyes, they’re so… so… beautiful… no. no. this can’t be right. It can’t be! I, Lee Jin Ki am not falling for that nerd! That girl… No! No! No! It must have been the stupid soccer ball hitting my head. Yeah, it’s the soccer ball, it’s the soccer ball.

~~~~~End of Onew’s POV~~~~~

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“Yeah?” Onew walked closer to me.

“Yeah” I walked closer to him.

“Yeah?” he asked again. This time I didn’t answer, my heart started beating really quickly and I wanted to hug him but I knew that would be too weird, his eyes then met mine and we stared at one another. His eyes were not full of anger but affection. I didn’t want to believe it but I honestly was starting to fall for him. Aigoo! What am I talking about? I’m not falling for him! This is so stupid! He’s stupid! This whole situation is stupid! Then a cough got me to go back to what was happening. I cleared my throat and backed away, pushing his chest away.

“Yah,” I said weakly, “just don’t be such a jerk, I was only trying to help you.” I said as I backed away slowly. What I had seemed to have been distracted him from his thinking. He cleared his throat.

“Oh… Yeah…” he stuttered. “Your aim is horrible!”

“No, judging where it hit, it’s was a very good aim, and I didn’t even see my target.” I said as I walked away. “Come on Christine, I don’t want to share my oxygen with people like him.” I said as I pulled Christine away who was busy talking to Minho. She looked disappointed but smiled widely as she waved goodbye to Minho.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~