Today is Debut day!

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

------DEBUT DAY-----

I woke up this morning with a huge smile on my face. Today was the day, the day that my dreams finally came true. It was all that I’ve dreamed of since I was young and now it’s going to come true. I quickly got out of bed and ran to the bathroom to have a shower and brush my teeth before walking out to the kitchen.

“CONGRATULATIONS UNNI!” Minzy jumped out of nowhere and hugged me. CL was behind her and smiling.

“Yah! Yah! Yah!” CL yelled out. “It’s my turn to hug Jenny!” Minzy let go of me and CL hugged me.

“You go out there and show them what you got. YG family will always there cheering for you! Especially Ji Yong oppa.” CL winked at me and I started to blush.

“Alright. Unni, I’ve made you a healthy breakfast so that you’ll have a lot of energy for today.”

“Aw… thanks Minzy. That’s very sweet of you.” I walked over to the table and saw all these dishes of food but the thing that got my attention was the chicken.

“CHICKEN!” I screamed out as I picked one up. I was eating and saw that Minzy looked sad. “What is it Minzy?”

“You chose CL unni’s food over mine.”

“Aww… I’m sorry.” I picked up some salad and started eating it. Minzy smiled so I knew that was the food she made. After eating, I helped with the cleaning up, I sat down to watch some TV because Family Outing was on and I wanted to watch Daesung oppa and my manager walked in.

“Oh! Min Young unni, I didn’t expect you to come so early.”

“Hey Jenny, Hey girls.” She waved to CL and Minzy. “I’m sorry but I have to take Jenny off to a last minute rehearsal before she debuts.”

I grabbed my bag and walked out of the dorm.

“JENNY HWAITING!” I heard CL and Minzy yell out. I turned around and waved to them. We walked down to the front of the building and saw a van waiting for us. We got into the van and I decided to get some more sleep so I could be more awake when I perform.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

While you were sleeping, your manager was talking on the phone with SHINee’s manager and they decided that you and Onew would sing a duet together because both your voices suited each other very well.

­------Phone call------

Your manager: Yeobseyo
SHINee’s manager: Yeobseyo, I just got a call from M! Countdown and they told me that Onew and Jenny have to sing a duet together because the singer that Onew was meant to sing with is sick.
Your manager: Oh, really? Lee Hyun Ji is sick? I hope she gets better. Um… sure, I’ll tell Jenny when she wakes up.
SHINee’s manager: Ok, everything is sorted out. I chose Jenny personally because well Jenny wrote the lyrics so learning it won’t be hard.
Your manager: Yeah, you’re right. Oh! We’re already at the building, I’ll wake Jenny up and I guess we’ll meet you there.
SHINee’s manager: Ok, bye.
Your manager: Bye

-----End of phone call-----

Your manager woke you up and you were still half asleep so you decided to put on sunglasses so that it would hide your still half asleep eyes. You got out of the van and started walking towards the building entrance. You were walking and then you hit the door and stumbled backwards before you regained balance. You were still confused and then your manager did a face palm and pointed to the sign that said “Push”. You laughed and pushed the door open and walked into the building. You took of your sunglasses and rubbed your eyes. You and your manager along with your stylist were walking to the dressing room.

“Jenny, you’re going to do another performance today.”

“Oh, really? Like an encore?”

“No, you’re going to sing a duet.” You stopped all of sudden causing your manager to bump into you.

“Sorry” you apologised to your manager. “But… how will I know the lyrics?

“You wrote the song, so you don’t have to worry.”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“You wrote the song, so you don’t have to worry.”

Wait, she said that I wrote the song. But the only song I wrote that went public was ‘Vanilla Love’. I song that was originally for me and him… I can’t be, I sold the song to this company and Lee Hyun Ji is singing it.

“What…what song?” I prayed that it wouldn’t be ‘Vanilla Love’.

“Vanilla Love, you know the song that Lee Hyun Ji is doing a duet with Onew.” my manager said to me.

I let out a sigh and started walking. I didn’t say anything and continued walking; heavy thoughts were in my head. What is going to happen? It’d be so awkward. I can’t convey the message of the song with him. The song is about loving someone; I don’t love Onew! I don’t! I hate him! All he did was hurt me. He can go die for all I care! I yelled out in my head. But something strange happened, I felt hurt when I said the last one. I felt like it wasn’t genuine. My manager snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Jenny,” she snapped her fingers in my face.

“Huh?” I shook the thoughts that I had out of my head.

“I said, you’ll be singing the duet right after 2PM finishes performing.”

“Oh… ok Min Young unni.”

We started walking to the dressing room; my manager said that that I had to wait a few hours before it was my turn to rehearse so I could have some time to relax. I borrowed my stylist’s laptop and went on the net. I was on this K-Pop website and I saw a few articles about me and I decided to read them.

I read the first one: “Jenny Effect spreading all over South Korea”

It showed a picture of me when I bumped into the glass door just a few minutes ago. They sure do post things up quickly.

We’ve all seen the reality show. Most of us know of the Jenny Effect. If you didn’t then it is when Jenny says something and the room goes completely silent or when Jenny does something clumsy. Well she’s surprised us again, this time walking into a glass door. Aigoo… clumsy Jenny kekeke. Many people have fallen in love with Jenny’s personality which is shown on her reality show ‘Jenny TV’ but is dubbed as ‘The Jenny Effect’. A range of people from children to teens to parents and even grandparents have fallen in love with Jenny and are all supporting her for her debut on the 20th. Even before her debut; she has caught the attention of many male idols causing many females to envy her.

Many netizens and fans have responded well to her clumsiness and close relationship to other company artists like SHINee members Key and Jonghyun, Big Bang’s G-Dragon and Daesung, f(x)’s Sulli and Amber and all of 2ne1. Netizens have left comments like “Her clumsiness is addicting. Kekeke” “I’m looking forward to her debut.” “Jenny Hwaiting!” “Jenny must be very friendly with everyone because she’s made so many friends” “Jenny Effect is spreading like wild fire” “We can’t get enough of it!”

Super Junior member Heechul said, “It was such a pity for her to leave SM, she was always the jokester; my partner in crime (laughs). I wish her the best for her singing career.”
Big Bang member Daesung said, “She is a great person. She tries her best. She’s like the little sister that I’ve never had.”
SHINee member Key said, “I find it so sad that Jenny left SM but I’m happy to see that she is happy in her new company and that she’s going to debut soon. Jenny Fighting!”

Jenny is going to debut on the 20th with ‘Stop’ on M! Countdown so let’s all support her and cheer for her.

I was smiling so much while reading the article; I didn’t know that I was getting so much support. I have to do well today and not let any of my fans down. I decided that for my fans I will sing the duet with Onew; I just imagine that it’s Ji Yong oppa. I turned off the laptop and decided to go through the lyrics for my performance with Onew.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~