One Year Later

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

-----One Year Later-----

  • You’re about debut as a solo artist; your reality show is currently airing.
  • Ji Yong and you are together, the fans don’t know about it. It’s easy to date him because you’re both from the same company so fans don’t suspect much.
  • You aren’t really that in love with Ji Yong because you’re still thinking about Onew.
  • Onew is still thinking of you and trying to get you back.
  • You’re close with everyone in SHINee except Onew. You somehow avoid him and making it look like it’s coincidental.
  • You have a large fan base even before your debut because of the reality show.

~~~~~School~~~~~

It was graduation day for you and you were overly excited because that meant that you don’t have to go to school anymore. You were nervously sitting inside the assembly hall waiting for your name to be called up. You heard screaming and turned around to see Key running towards you with the others following slowly behind. You got up from your seat and ran towards him.

“Congratulations Jenny! You’re going to graduate today!”

“I know! Finally, freedom!” you screamed out. A teacher walked up to you and told you to be quiet. You and SHINee apologised and sat down in your seats.

“Park Jenny.” the principal called your name. You stood up but stumbled while trying to get through the crowd of people.

“That’s the Jenny effect!” everyone said out loud.

“I’m guessing you guys have been watching my reality show!” you yelled out. You quickly made your way to the stage and received your graduation certificate. Soon everyone received their certificate and the stage was packed with students and flowers given to them by their parents. It was now time for the special awards.

“Now, it’s time to present a trophy and certificate to our school dux. This award will be presented by the principal.” Said the deputy principal. “Now, the student who is going to receive this high award is a student who always tried their best, helped others around them, looked up to by fellow peers and lastly got the highest marks this year. This student is ……. Park Jenny!”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

“…… Park Jenny!” Did I just hear right? Did the vice principal just call out my name… as dux? Of this school? I was shocked and was surprised. I knew I was studying really hard this whole year but I didn’t expect to get dux.

“Go Jenny! It’s you!” Key oppa nudged me and Jonghyun led me to the stage. I bowed to everyone and walked up the steps. I was given a trophy, certificate and a big bouquet of flowers. Everyone was clapping their hands and cheering. I walked over to the side of the stage while cameras were taking photos of me. I looked onto the crowd and saw Key, Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin cheering for me. I didn’t see Ji Yong oppa anywhere; it’s probably because of his busy schedule I looked over to see Onew.

He was looking at me and smiling, even though my heart was broken into a million pieces, I smiled back at him. I was still angry at him but I shouldn’t show that I’m angry because I’m under the watchful eyes of netizens as President Yang warned me. I looked down pretending to stare at my flowers; I smiled at it because it reminded me of patterns on the wedding ring. Wait, I shouldn’t be thinking about that, I’m with Ji Yong oppa, he treats me well, he doesn’t throw me away like a piece of trash, to him, I was precious, I was important, I was always happy around Ji Yong, the thought of Ji Yong oppa made me smile.

“Lee Jin Ki is in second place.” I automatically looked up and saw Onew walking towards the stage. My heart started beating quickly and my palms were getting sweaty as Onew grabbed the trophy and flowers and walked closer towards me.

“Please squish together a little bit more; we need to take photos for the year book.”

I couldn’t move, my feet felt like they’ve been super glued to the ground. Since I didn’t move, Onew did. He was so close that he could have heard my heart beating quickly.

“1…2…3… smile!” the photographer counted and we smiled. I remembered to the time when I was taking pictures with Onew while on our honeymoon. I laughed at the thought of it and I didn’t know why but Onew was laughing too. After some more clapping, we walked down from the steps and I quickly made my way to my seat.

After the graduation assembly was done, we were all allowed to go outside. Everyone was taking pictures with their parents. I wished my dad was there. It was such a shame, he could have waited, and I prayed that he’d look after me from above. I decided to take a picture of me and the sky; it was a way of me taking a picture with my dad.

I was then tackled over by Tiffany unni. “Jenny congratulations on getting dux! You smashed my brother!”

“Thanks unni.” Tiffany let go and Jay hugged me; he sure knows how to squeeze some to death.

“Oppa, were you a python in your past life?”

“Yah! I had to go through a large crowd of fans to get here and you say this to me? Not even a thank you?”

“Thank you oppa.” Jay let go of me

I saw my mum walking towards me smiling and I ran to her and gave her a hug. She gave me a big bouquet of flowers and congratulated me on getting dux. I was talking to her, Jay and Tiffany until someone covered my eyes. I was surprised. “Hm… give me a hint.”

“I love you”

“Ji Yong oppa!” I turned around and hugged him.

“Congratulations Jenny, you smart one, getting dux.”

“Thanks.” I gave him a hug again. I turned around to see Minho, Christine, Key, Jonghyun and Taemin walking towards me. I ran up to them and gave them all a hug.

“I guess this is it, you’re going to debut and won’t have time to see me.” Christine looked sad.

“Aw… that won’t happen we’ll always have time for you. You know what? We’ll even give a backstage tour too!”

“Really?”

“Well yeah! You’re one of my best friends and you’re Minho’s girlfriend. I don’t think you need any other reasons.”

“Yeah!” Christine was jumping up and down.

I smiled. I’m going to miss this, my partially normal life, my time to hang out with friends; I’m going to miss seeing these goofballs every single day. I’m going to miss this a lot but why do I have a feeling that something is missing. Something important but I can’t seem to put my finger on it.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

“PICTURE TIME!” Everyone huddled together and took a group photo. You took individual pictures with everyone and it was time to go home. You didn’t go home; you went straight to rehearsals for your debut. You were going to debut on M! Countdown in three days so you didn’t want to have any flaws in your debut performance.

You went with SHINee because they were on their way to the rehearsal too. You sat at the back of the van in between Key and Jonghyun.

“Aigoo… my favourite Tofu is going to debut soon. You’re song is going to smash ours.” Jonghyun pouted and pinched your cheeks.

“Oppa, you’ve only seen the teaser. How do you know I’ll be a hit?”

“Cause you’re singing it Jenny and you already have a fan base from your reality show.”

“Thanks oppa. Your song is going to be a hit too.”

“Right… we debuted at number 11.”

“So? So many girls especially noonas out there love you.”

“Well so many oppas, unnis, ajhummas, ajhussis and dongsaengs out there love you.”

You let out a sigh and shook your head. You finally reached the performance place and got out the car. As you were stepping out, cameras were flashing and so many people were there. You turned around and waved at everyone; smiling widely and everyone was chanting your name along with SHINee’s name. You got into the building and your manager quickly led you to your dressing room. You quickly got changed into your clothes, put on your earpiece and ran towards the stage. You got on the stage and the PD gave you a microphone. You gave a signal to say that you’re ready and the lights went on you. You starting singing and dancing and before you even knew it, you were done. You went off the stage and went back to your dressing room.

“Just two more sleeps until my dream becomes reality.”