Variety Show? YG Baby!~

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

~~~~~Onew’s POV~~~~~

I was walking towards SHINee’s dorm when I saw Sulli pulling someone along with Key following behind. I looked a little bit closer and saw that it was Jenny. I quickly hid until I saw that Jenny stepped in and the door closed. I decided to eavesdrop what they were going to say. I was listening and it seemed like they were just joking around. I heard nothing coming from inside the room until Jenny started speaking.

“I think I should tell all you guys the news. Since everyone is here. All of you know about the previous accusations that have been made towards me and all of you know that I didn’t do anything wrong and that’s the most important thing; getting rid of the dirt on my name. I’ve decided to leave SM entertainment and try out for YG entertainment.”

What?! Jenny is leaving SM? She’s moving to YG? Isn’t that where Ji Yong is? I can’t let her change but then again, I can’t stop her, she has every right to move. She doesn’t deserve me, that’s why I promise that one day I’ll get her back. Don’t worry Jenny, I’ll get you back. You’ll be mine.

“Oppa, can you please give this to Onew. Inside are the divorce papers. I mean, it wasn’t a real marriage, might as well break it off. I need to date somebody too.”

Divorce papers? Divorce papers? She wants to get divorced? I knew it was coming but I didn’t expect it so soon. All the hopes that I had to get Jenny back, are they going to be crushed? I couldn’t stand it; tears were silently falling from my cheeks. I heard the door knob move and I quickly ran away. I looked back to see Jenny crying and wiping her tears away. I really wish that those hurtful tears weren’t caused by me. Jenny ah, I’ll get you back. I promise.

~~~~~End of Onew’s POV~~~~~

You got off the bus and ran all the way to the YG audition centre. You quickly signed up and lined up. After a long wait, you finally got to audition. You had to stay back along with some other candidates to find out who made it and who didn’t. Your palms were sweaty and you were very nervous.

“Hi, you seem to be very nervous.” You looked up but you couldn’t see the person’s face because they had a hoodie over them so you stood up.

“Hi. I’m very nervous, this is so nerve racking. Oh, by the way, I’m Jenny Park.” You put your hand out.

“I know who you are.” The person lifted up their hoodie a little bit for you to see their face.

“OH! JI YONG OPPA!” you were surprised to see him. Ji Yong covered your mouth and looked around to make sure no one was looking at him. He let out a sigh.

“That was lucky.” He said looking relieved.

“I’m sorry. Why are you here? Aren’t you scared you’re gonna be attacked by fans?”

“No, I’m not scared. I’m here to cheer you on. I saw you audition, that’s awesome rapping by the way. I have to admit, you are quite the rapper if I do say so myself.”

“Really? You think so? Omo, I really hope I make it. I really want to be a trainee.”

“Don’t worry, you made it.”

“What?!” you said out loudly. You received a few looks from people before you apologised and pulled Ji Yong away. “Oppa, don’t joke with me. Are you serious?”

“Do I look like I’m joking Jenny? Look, just then, I was filming you, to see your reaction. You’re actually on a reality show.” Ji Yong pointed at the cameras located around the whole room.

“Wah, I made it. I really made it? I don’t know how to react. All I can do is smile and look weird.” You were jumping up and down and moving your hands around everywhere.

“Well Jenny, congratulations on making it as a YG trainee!” Ji Yong said into one of the cameras. He turned to you and whispered into your ears. “Jenny ah, you’re going to be great! Go out there and try your best. Oh, the cameras will follow you around every once in a while to film your trainee days all the way to the day you debut.”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

When I heard the word ‘debut’ I froze. I just stood there in a trance. I just thought about it. How could it be? That when I joined company, they would have a reality show for me and that I would actually debut under their company. I was in cloud nine or maybe even higher than that. I can’t believe it, things can’t get any better.

“Things are going to get better Jenny.” Ji Yong oppa snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Really?” all I could do was smile. “First you told me that I was a YG trainee, you then told me I was going to debut. I don’t understand how things can get better.” I shook my head in amazement while saying that.

“Well, what if. I was to tell you…” Ji Yong oppa paused a while. He had a grin on his face. He rubbed his hands together and looked around before he went closer to me. “that… you, Jenny Park, is going to debut as a solo artist.”

“WAAAH!!!!!!! AH!! REALLY? OH MY GOD! JI YONG OPPA THANK YOU!” I hugged him and he spun me around. You decided to call Jay first to tell him the great news.

-----Phone call-----

Jay: Jenny! Hey! Why didn’t you call me last night to tell me you weren’t coming home? Ji Yong had to call me. You’re so irresponsible Jenny.
You: Jay, breathe… relax*laughing* look, I have to tell you something… I quit SM entertainment.
Jay: What? But you wanted to debut so badly. Why? Did something happen? Who did it? Tell me, because they have an appointment with my fist.
You: Yah, just calm done. You’re over-reacting too much.
Jay: Yah, did you just ‘yah’ me?
You: Jay oppa, mianhe. But don’t worry, because, there’s a spot for me as a trainee in YG entertainment.
Jay: You made it into YG! Wah! Good job Tofu! Someone’s going to have chicken tonight!
You: WAHHHH! CHICKEN!!! *silence* um… oppa, I really have to go. I’m receiving the weird looks again.
Jay: *laughs* Alright, make sure you come home early because I have to film a variety show tonight.
You: Sir, yes sir! Bye grandpa!
Jay: Bye Tofu!

-----End of phone call-----

“Ji Yong oppa, when are the cameras going to start following me around?”

“Why don’t I take you over to President Yang and you find out from him?”

“Really? I’m meeting him already?”

“Well, he’s been taking notice of you Jenny, apparently when you auditioned for YG two years ago, he actually made it in but then you went and chose SM, so he’s very happy to see that you’ve moved to YG.”

“OH…..” I nodded. So could have been a YG trainee too? Why didn’t I just choose YG in the first place? It would have been much better; I mean I still would have been friends with Key and the others. It would have made life less complicated. Do I regret choosing SM? No, because it gave me a taste of what the big bad world of growing is like. I’ve learnt from this, no way am I going to make the same mistakes again.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~

“So let’s go!” Ji Yong grabbed your hand and took you to a office building. He led you to the President’s office and knocked on the door.

“Come in.”

Ji Yong walked you in and left. You bowed to the President. “Hello, thank you for giving me this awesome opportunity. I’m so grateful for this; I’m definitely not going to let you down.”

“Hello Jenny that was quite the greeting. I’ve seen your audition tapes from two years ago and I’ve loved your personality, talent and your determination. I’m glad that you’ve decided to move to YG.”

“Thank you sir. Please treat me well.”

“I will, now, we have to get down to business. About the reality show, I was planning to use it near the time of your debut so the people can get used to your personality and this should get you a lot of variety show deals.”

“Whoa, it’s like you read my mind. I’d always wanted to go on variety shows.”

“No, I just watched your audition tapes. I’ve thought up of a time table for you, I’ve decided to give you more school time then training time because I know you’re going to have you final exams soon.”

“Thank you sir. So when does this all come into action?”

“Well, you should probably move into the dorms by next week, you should start training tomorrow, oh, that’s when the cameras are following you and you should debut in about a year or so.”

“A year?” you were surprised because that is a very short time to be training.

“Yes, you’ve already trained a year at SM, so another year here should be good. I think you’d be ready by then.”

“Wow.” You smiled in disbelief. Your dreams were coming true so quickly. You were more than excited to move in, outside you might have looked calm but on the inside, a million gazillion things were going on.

“Mr… President Yang, um… how about I move into the dorms tomorrow and start training tomorrow. I mean the quicker the better.”

“That’s great! I’ll get take you to meet on your dorm mates.”

President Yang stood up and walked over to the door. You signalled you to come out with him. You followed him and you finally reached a big building, you saw people walking in and out of the building, you were guessing that they were trainees as well. They all looked tired but they were smiling and joking around.

“Jenny, here is your dorm, it’s dorm number 18. The other trainees living in here are Chae Rin and Minzy. They’re around your age so you guys will get along fine. Now, let’s get you to meet them.” He opened the door and inside were two girls sitting on the couch looking at you as you walked in.