Can it be????

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

~~~~~At the Strong Heart studio~~~~~

You were backstage talking to some of the staff and going through a list of things that will happen on the show. The staff also pointed out where you would sit. ‘Coincidentally’ you were placed next to Onew and right at the centre of the front row. You saw other famous people like Son Dambi, Brian Joo, Super Junior’s Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Dong Ho and Heechul, KARA’s Ji Young and Goo Hara, Kim Tae Woo, Jung Yoori, and many others arrive on the set. You sat down in your seat and started spinning around and playing alone. You saw Onew walking towards you and you quickly stopped, he was about to speak to you but the show was about to start and everyone could hear the fans cheering in front of the curtain.

“Today, we have many great guests. We have Jenny Park who just debuted yesterday, SHINee’s Onew, KARA’s Ji Young and Goo Hara-” Lee Seung Gi started talking before being interrupted but Kang Ho Dong.

“Seung Gi-sshi, why are you naming the idols first?” That got both celebrities and audience laughing.

“No, no, it’s just that…”

“No, let’s just get the show started before you lose yourself.” The audience laughed and the curtains started to open.

You waved and smiled at the audience and so were everyone else. The clapping finally stopped and everyone calmed down.

“Jenny-sshi, it’s your first time on a variety show so I hope you have a good time.” Said Lee Seung Gi.

“Yes, thank you Seung Gi-sshi. I hope everyone treats me well and I’ll try my best.”

“Yes, now, we also have Onew-sshi here as well, it’s also his first time on this show.” Kang Ho Dong gestured towards Onew and he nodded and then smiled and waved at the camera.

“Weren’t you two doing a duet yesterday?” Seung Gi looked interested and leant on the desk.

“Yes.” You both answered at the same time.

“Everyone was so surprised when you two went on the stage and acted like a couple.”

“Yeah,” you both blushed and smiled shyly.

The audience ‘oh’ed at yours and Onew’s reaction and everyone was laughing and clapping.

You waved your hands to indicate that there was nothing. “No, no, it’s not that.”

“So Jenny-sshi, we know that you have a reality show.” Kang Ho Dong pointed out. You nodded your head. “Well, we’ve seen some incidences where you show us your clumsy side and your sleep talking, is very revealing.” You eyed you suspiciously.

You laughed it off. “Yes, I guess you could say they’re revealing.”

“Who’s the oppa?” Brian Joo asked suddenly. This surprised you because you didn’t want to tell everyone on national/ international television that you were dreaming about Onew.

“Probably me.” Heechul said with a straight face. This caused everyone to laugh.

“Ah, Heechul-sshi, I hear that you were close to Jenny-sshi when she was still in your company.”

“Yes. We are still very close now. I have to keep my distance though since she’s in another company.” He gave you a glare and everyone laughed again.

“Ok, now it’s time for to tell our Strong Heart story.”

The segment started and everyone told their stories and like always, there were a lot of tears and laughter. So far Leeteuk was in the lead with his story about a lady who two-timed him with another man. It was your turn. You braced yourself, you wrote on your board ‘first love’.

“Oh! Jenny-sshi, you wrote ‘first love’, so you have had a boyfriend.”

“Yes. He wasn’t a very trustworthy one though.” You let out a faint laugh. Everyone turned their attention to you and Lee Seung Gi signalled you to continue.

“This happened around last year. Before my boyfriend and I were together, we really hated each other and didn’t get along well but we got close through a mutual friend and after a year of bickering and arguing he confessed to me. Everything was going really well and we even thought of marriage, we had our rings and everything.”

“Wait, weren’t you a trainee then?” Ho Dong asked curiously.

“Yes, I was.” You nodded your head. “He told me that he loved me and I actually fell for it.” You let out a small sigh and looked down. “After awhile, we were really happy and that’s when we got the rings but then out of the blue, one day he just told me that he didn’t want to be with me and that he got bored.” You said, you looked hurt and as you were telling the story, your eyes started to go watery but you tried not to make it noticeable. “He said that got bored of me after all that time together and he was already dating another girl and that’s why I switched companies.”

“Oh! You switched companies? Why?”

“Um…” you hesitated. “He was a SM trainee and I wanted to move on so I switched companies. I realised that I shouldn’t have something distracting me when I’m trying to become a professional artist.”

“Whoa! He’s a SM trainee?” Everyone was shocked when they heard it and there were whispers going around the room.

“Onew-sshi, do you know who it is?” Seung Gi asked but Onew didn’t reply. He was in deep thought and his eyes were watery. “Onew-sshi, are you crying?”

Onew snapped out of his thinking and looked confused before he composed himself. “Uh… yeah… Jenny’s story just reminded me of my first love.”

“Oh, but do you know who Jenny was talking about I mean, you were a trainee too.”

“Um…no. I didn’t talk to Jenny that much during my trainee days, I was too busy studying.” Onew joked. Everyone laughed but then became all serious again after they saw you turning away from the camera and covering your eyes.

“Jenny-ah, are you alright?” Heechul asked looking worried.

You quickly wiped your tears and turned around to face everyone. “Honestly, to tell you the truth, I told myself that I wouldn’t cry when I go on this show but telling this story is breaking my heart all over again.” You bit your bottom lip and held in the tears. Everyone’s heart was breaking for you and the people sitting around you were patting you on the back.

“It’s ok everyone! Let’s try and get some laughter back onto the show. Watching me cry isn’t very pretty.” You tried to laugh it off.

“Ah… Jenny-sshi is very strong. I myself would have cried for a very long time afterwards and I’m the older one.” Said Son Dambi.

“Now let’s see if Jenny beats Leeteuk.” There was a wait and then Leeteuk got a gush of wind in his face which indicated you were now the leader. The audience clapped their hands and the people around you patted your back including Onew.

“Now, Onew-sshi, before you got teary because of Jenny’s story. Would you care to tell it to us?” asked Brian Joo.

“Brian-sshi, are you the MC now? Please come here.” Seung Gi joked as he gestured towards the desk. Everyone laughed and the attention turned to Onew.

“Ah… yes. My story is also tragic as well. I was really in love with this girl. I’ve liked her for a really long time and I finally have the courage to confess to her while we were playing laser tag.” Your eyes widened and you started to pay more attention to his story.

“Our relationship was going really well until one day; another girl got jealous of my girlfriend and wanted me for herself.” Everyone payed more attention to his story while you sat there trying to be composed. “She blackmailed me into breaking up with my girlfriend and made me say and do horrible things to my girlfriend. I really regret listening to that girl. My only love left me after the day we broke up and sometimes we’d meet but she would never make a big deal out of it or anything. I really admire her for that.”

“So, you still love her?” Ho Dong asked.

“Yes. I still love her.” Onew said straight out and nodded his head.

“Wow. So if you were to say something to her, would you like to say it to the camera and hope she watches it?”

“Yes, I’d like that.” Onew turned around towards one of the cameras and cleared his throat. “I know our relationship at the start was pretty rocky and things didn’t turn out as we planned but if you listen to me today and know that my feelings for you are genuine then you’d give me a chance. Please. I love you.” Onew’s tears fell from his cheeks and you were crying too.

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

When I heard Onew’s story, I didn’t know if he was lying or not. I don’t know if I could trust him or not. All I wanted to do was hug him and tell him I wanted to be with him again, love him again and be happy with him again but I knew I couldn’t, I had Ji Yong oppa. I can’t just leave him, I’d break his heart. I’m so confused, Onew or Ji Yong?

As Onew was talking into the camera, I was listening attentively to every single word. I tried to hold onto every word he said. He admitted that he loved me on television. He knew that he was going to get into trouble but he still did it. Are his feelings really genuine? Tears flowed from my eyes as I was hearing him say that. I couldn’t even hold it in. This show is a really good way to release emotions.

I realised the cameras were facing me so I wiped my tears and smiled. I put my arm around Onew. “I guess we’ll have love problems together.” Everyone laughed and the mood lightened up.

The show went on and it turns out that I was the winner for the week. I was happy and excited. I received the trophy and flowers and bowed to everyone. I looked over at Onew who was looking and me and staring. Our eyes met and this burst of electricity went through my body. Could I really still be in love with him?

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~