Nervous :S

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

~~~~~Onew’s POV~~~~~

Our manager walked into our dressing room talking to Jenny’s manager. They were talking about the duet that I was going to sing with Lee Hyun Ji noona. I heard that she wasn’t feeling very well so that another female artist was going to take her place. I wonder who it could be…

“Onew, you know how Lee Hyun Ji is going to be absent from the show today.”

I guess I’m going to find out. “Yeah…” I nodded my head slowly.

“Well Jenny is going to take her place. Jenny agreed to do the duet with you.”

My heart was beating quickly inside. It’s been a year since Jenny and I split up but I still had feelings for her. It still breaks my heart that she’s so close to Ji Yong. She’s meant to love me, not Ji Yong. I know he’s older and my sunbae but I really hate him. He took Jenny away. He’s the reason why I can’t have my chance with Jenny. Jenny… why didn’t you wait? It hurts me to see you with another guy…

“Hello? Earth to Jin Ki” my manager snapped me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, what?”

“I said that you’re going to sing the duet with Jenny.”

“Oh yeah, right.” I stood up from my seat and decided to go to Jenny to have a talk. “Hyung, I’m going to go to Jenny so we can practice.”

“Oh, you don’t need to; Jenny is the one that wrote those lyrics so she doesn’t really need to learn it and she told me that she’d rather learn her lyrics alone.”

“Oh,” I was truly disappointed. Does she still hate me that much? It’s been a year; she must have forgiven me already. The time that she laughed when we went up to get our awards; I knew that she was thinking of the time of our honeymoon. I have to talk to her.

I decided to find her and talk to her. I walked around asking people for the whereabouts of her dressing rooms. After asking a lot of staff members, I finally found Jenny’s dressing room. I knocked on the door and she opened the door, as soon as she saw me she closed the door in my face. I stood there and didn’t go anywhere; she was bound to open the door sooner or later. She then slowly opened the door and poked her head out. Even though she was angry at me and probably hated my guts, I thought that she looked cute. I smiled at her and she replied with a sarcastic smile.

“What do you want Onew?”

“Why did you do say yes to singing the duet with me?”

She opened the door wider so that she was standing directly in front of me.

“I did it for my fans and for Lee Hyun Ji unni’s fans. Please don’t think that I did this for you. You’re the last person on earth I’d want to do this for.”

“Jenny, it’s been a year, can’t you forget it?”

“What? Just because a year has passed by I should forget it? What? So should I forget about my father too? Should I forget the fact that you took me up to cloud nine and then kicked my down back to Earth leaving me with injuries that will never heal?”

When she said that, I was sad. I didn’t know that I put her in this much pain. “I’m sorry.”

She let out a faintly laugh of disbelief. “You really think sorry can fix this?” she pointed to her heart. “It’s best if you leave me alone, I’m happy with Ji Yong oppa. You’re not even half a man that Ji Yong is.”

“Please Jenny, let me explain, it’s all because of”

“Jenny! It’s time for your rehearsal” Jenny’s manager interrupted me before I could continue.

“In a sec!” she yelled out to her manager, she turned to be with a disappointed look “See? Even fate doesn’t want you to explain to me, please do me a favour and if anyone asks if we knew each other, say that we don’t.”

“Jenny.” was all that I could say before she ran off with her manager. As she turned the corner I decided that I should walk back to my dressing room. When I reached the dressing room and walked in, Jonghyun walked up to me and patted my back. “Good luck for tonight hyung.” I knew he was talking about the duet so I nodded and smiled. I looked over at Key was reading something; he glanced up at me and looked back down.

I need all the luck I can get.

~~~~~End of Onew’s POV~~~~~

You finally finished your rehearsals and it was time for you to rehearse with Onew. You got on the stage and stood there waiting. You looked around and saw the many empty seats in front of you. You imagined all those seats filled with people, your heart started to beat faster and you started to feel anxious.

“You know, everyone feels anxious when they first debut.” You turned around to see who said it and you saw Onew smiling while walking towards you. You opened your mouth to say something but then the PD said something.

“OK! Now that Onew-sshi is here, we can get to rehearsals. Cue!”

The music went on and you started singing and soon Onew did two. You two sung for a while but the PD didn’t look happy.

“I’m sorry. CUT!” The music stopped and he walked towards you and Onew. “Look, you two look really awkward; we need for you two to act like a couple. You two could do like cute actions, like this.” the PD acted out some, what were meant to be cute actions. You and Onew laughed at him and he stopped. “See? Where were those smiles when you two were singing earlier? This is a happy cheery love song not a ballad. Jenny I know you’re nervous, but I believe you can do this.”

You nodded your head and the PD cued the music to go on. This time you tried to do cute actions but you felt that it was so embarrassing so you cringed every time you did a cute action. You looked over at the PD and gave him a worried look.

“CUT!” the PD shouted out. “Jenny, I know, it’s pretty cringy when you have to do really cute actions, but I’ve seen the aeygo that you do on your reality show. You can do this Jenny, maybe you and Onew should look at each other more. It doesn’t look convincing enough, hold hands, look into each other’s eyes and do cute actions. I need you two to work on that. It’s time for us to prepare for the show. You two are lucky this is the last performance of the night.”

~~~~~Your POV~~~~~

Throughout the whole of rehearsal I was so nervous, my palms were so sweaty, I wasn’t even dancing. Was I that nervous? When then PD said he wanted us to look more convincing, I honestly blanked out. I can’t imagine me and Onew being a couple again. I’m with Ji Yong oppa, it’s so hard for me to be around Onew and not think of hurting Ji Yong oppa. I guess I’ll really have to work hard on this. I shall bring all my acting skills to the front line. I pray that I don’t stuff up, it’d be pretty sad if I do. I promised myself that I won’t cry after my performance because I’ve heard a lot of stories about idols crying after their debut performance, but I’m going to be strong and not cry.

I finished getting changed into my clothes for the performance, I heard a knock on my door and I opened it. To my surprise it was Super Junior, all 13 members stood there holding a flower each. “Jenny, Aja Aja Hwaiting!” they yelled out as they each handed me a flower.

“Thank you oppa!” I went and hugged them all individually.

“You know just because you moved companies don’t mean we can’t support you.” said Heechul oppa. “You know, when you get to do variety shows, you’re going to make me work even harder.”

“Why?”

“Because your funniness is beating his” said Kyuhyun oppa. That earned him a whack on the back of the head by Heechul oppa.

“Well we’ll leave you to prepare for your comeback.”

They all waved goodbye and I bowed to them and waved back. I was about to close the door but then Jonghyun oppa and Taemin came running while arguing. I stood there watching them arguing with each other while walking towards me, I was laughing my head off.

“See hyung? I told you to go early but you didn’t listen to me.” Taemin frowned.

“It’s not my fault I was watching something on the TV”

“So? Jenny noona is more important. Because of you hyung, we’re second place to tell Jenny noona ‘hwaiting’” Taemin pouted and I walked up to them.

“You know Taemin, haven’t you heard of second the best?” Taemin stopped arguing with Jonghyun oppa and hugged me.

“Noona, don’t hug Jonghyun hyung because he didn’t want to come and tell you ‘fighting’.”

“Hm…” I pretended to think. “You’re right Taemin, I don’t want to hug Jonghyun oppa now.”

“Aww… come on!” Jonghyun walked up to me for a hug but then I pointed to a random direction and pretended to look surprised.

“Jay hyung!” Taemin ran away and Jonghyun automatically ran after Taemin. Taemin must have caught on with what I was doing. He’s so good at acting I have to give him points for that. I shook my head and turned around before I saw Jay oppa. I was so surprised I scream out loud.

“Whoa Jenny, talk about fan girl moment.”

“Psh… you scared me. Don’t pop out of nowhere like that.”

“Well I just wanted to come here and encourage my little baby before she goes into the big world of the music industry and she doesn’t even thank meL” Jay oppa pouted.

“You look ugly when you pout oppa. Your aeygo is really bad. You’re like a grandpa.” I laughed.

“I see how it is Jenny Park. So ungrateful.” Jay oppa turned around and started walking away. I shrugged my shoulders and started walking towards my room before I was squeezed to death by him.

“Tofu ah, Hwaiting! You’ve got 2PM’s leadja supporting you, nothing will ever go wrong.”

“Thanks oppa.”

“Well we gotta get going Jenny. Put those flowers away and let’s go. My performance is next and yours is right after.” Jay oppa grabbed my hand and pulled me all the way to the stage. I could hear so many fans yelling and chanting Super Junior’s name. I got backstage and the staff started putting on my earpiece and gave me a microphone.  They were also doing the same thing with Jay oppa and his group members but they didn’t have to hold their microphones. Super Junior finished their song and Jay oppa’s group went up on stage. There was so much screaming and chanting. My heart is beating so quickly, I’m so nervous right now, my hands are all sweaty, I have butterflies in my stomach and my face felt hot. Then I realised that 2PM’s song has ended and the fans were cheering even louder. Jay oppa ran to me and pushed me towards the stage.

“Make dad proud alright? Mum is sitting in the crowd near the back because she doesn’t want to distract you. Anyways, go get ‘em tiger!” I walked onto the stage and the curtains were still closed because the people where still doing the MC-ing and clips from my reality show were playing and I could hear people laughter. Then it all stopped and I could hear cheering. My moment has come.

~~~~~End of your POV~~~~~