For a good cause

I Can't Believe I'm Marrying You

 

After making breakfast and eating it, you said your goodbyes to Big Bang and went on your way. You decided to make a few stops before you got home. Your first stop was to get official divorce papers. You walked into the building and was looking around before someone came up to you.

“Hello. My name is Jenny Park. My parents set me up for an arranged marriage and I want to divorce the guy because we want to date other people.”

“Hello. You’ve come to the right place. I’m sorry to hear about the arranged marriage. Since they were arranged, you have some special privileges.”

“Oh, honestly I don’t want his stuff; I just want to move on. I just want it official and on paper, so it won’t look as if we’re cheating on one another even though there are no feelings in the first place.”

“I see maybe you please follow me.” You followed the worker into an office and soon you walked out with official divorce papers. You walked out of the building holding the document in your hand. A part of you wanted to rip it up and somehow mend your broken relationship with Onew but the other part of you eagerly wants to sign the papers and move on. You looked down at your ring and a tear dropped from your eye. You wiped it off and walked quickly over to the jewellery store.

“Excuse, I’d like to sell a ring.” You walked over the salesperson and handed her the ring. She examined it and her eyes widened.

“This is very expensive. The diamond on it alone is worth 3 million US dollars.”

“Oh, really?”

“I know it’s none of my business, but why would you sell it? I’ve never seen a diamond cut like this before and the pattern on the gold is very well done.”

“I broke up with a boyfriend of mine, he bought it for me. I guess keeping it would be a pain so I decided to sell it and use the money for useful things.” You smiled at her. “So how much would I get for the whole thing?”

“Let me just check with the owner first.” The worker called the owner and they came out. They personally examined the ring and also seemed shocked at the amount of money it was worth. The worker walked towards you. “Excuse me miss, your ring is worth approximately 4.5 million US dollars.”

Your eyes widened at the price. You wondered how rich Onew’s family was for him to buy two of them. “I’ll sell the ring… but um… how are you meant to give me the money?”

“We’ll give it to you by cheque.”

“Ah, thank you.”

“No miss, thank you.” The owner handed you a cheque and you walked out the door 4.5 million US dollars richer.

You walked to a telephone booth; you picked up a phonebook and looked for the orphanage column. You looked for the closest orphanage to where you were. You ripped the address out of the phonebook and got into a taxi. You told the driver to go to the orphanage.

*I don’t want to be without you girl majimak insaneun jeobeodugil barae* 

-----Phone call-----

You: Hello?
Key: Hey Tofu! It’s me Key oppa, don’t you ever look at the caller ID?
You: No.
Key: Where are you?
You: Hm… I’m on my way to Seoul’s junior orphanage.
Key: Oh, how about I meet you there.
You: Ok, see you there oppa!

-----End of phone call-----

You reached the orphanage and walked into the orphanage. You saw some kids running around. You walked up to one of them.

“Hello! I’m Jenny, it’s nice to meet you.” you crouched down to their level.

“Unni looks very pretty. Does unni want to play?”

“Unni will play with you if you take unni to the office. Unni needs to do something first, ok?”

The little girl smiled, grabbed your hand and showed you to the office.

“I’ll wait for you here Jenny unni.” You nodded and knocked on the door, an old lady opened the door.

“Hello there, how may I help you today miss…”

“Miss Park, but you can call me Jenny.”

“Then you can call my halmoni.”

“Neh halmoni. I’m here to donate some money for the orphanage. I was near this area and I have a large sum of money but I don’t really have a good use for it so I want to donate it to the company.”

“Ah… thank you Jenny.” You wrote a cheque for 1.5 million US dollars for the orphanage and handed it to the old lady. She looked at it and rejected the offer.

“I’m sorry Jenny, I cannot take this. It’s too much.”

“Halmoni, please take it, if it’s not for me, do it for the kids. At this age, education is very important.” You pushed the cheque towards her and she finally took it after some hesitation.

“Halmoni, thank you very much, you’ve lifted a heavy burdened off me.” You stood up, bowed and walked out to see Key playing with the little girl. You smiled as you slowly crept up to them. The girl saw you coming but you put your finger on your lip to tell her to be quiet. You quietly snuck up on Key.

“BOO!” Key turned around and lost his balance. You caught him. “This is different, isn’t it usually the guy that catches the girl when they fall?” you and Key laughed.

“Jenny ah, are you alright? I didn’t see you at all yesterday.” Key looked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Onew and I aren’t together anymore.” You smiled faintly. “Now, shouldn’t we play with these kids, I already promised this little one to play with her.” you pinched the girl’s cheeks.

“Jenny unni, Key oppa, since you’re both here can we play family?” The girl asked.

“Yeah sure. Who do you want us to be?”

“Mummy and daddy!” the girl was jumping up and down while clapping her hands.

“Mummy and daddy it is then.” You grabbed the girl’s hand and Key grabbed the other.

“So where does my little girl want to go?” Key asked.

“To the park!” both you and the girl answered excitedly.

“Why do I feel like I have two daughters?”

You pretended to go to the park which was actually just the play area at the orphanage. The girl was playing with the other kids while you and Key sat down on a bench.

“I saw what happened yesterday Jenny. I saw what Onew did to you.” Key grabbed your hand.

“It’s alright oppa. He’s not worth my time.” You were hurt when you said that. You felt as if millions of broken glass pieces have pierced your heart.

“Jenny, I’m so sorry.”

“Why? You shouldn’t be.”

“I am, all my feelings for you have slowly disappeared. I only now see you as a sister that I have to protect no matter what.”

You smiled. “Well, that’s good. That means you’ve moved on. Something I’m doing right now. If he is going to leave me for Krystal then so be it. I won’t care. I mean, he’s not the only person out there in the world that’s for me.”

“You have a lot of strength Jenny. If only I was Onew. I would have never let you go.”

“What are you on about? You can still hang on to me. Who says you have to be my boyfriend to hang on to me? Have you not seen Jay?” Both of you laughed.