What are we?

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

*What you want me to be...I'm here for you* Those very words kept echoing in my mind. Who knew this butthole had a soft side. 

"Are you going to hug me back or keep touching my abs?" Kai mumbled into my hair. 

"Huh?" I realized my hands were pressed against his chest. I could see his defined abs through the thin v-neck he was wearing. 

"What, you don't know how to give hugs?" 

"Oh shut up." I slid my arms around his torso and pulled him close, burying my face in his chest. 

Kai laughed, "I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all tonight." 

"Why?" 

"I'm too happy."

I felt my body temperature rise as he planted another kiss on my forehead. "Okay, this is getting really embarrasing for me." I released him and sat up. 

"How? You seem like you've never experienced skinship before. Have you ever had a boyfriend?" 

"No, well...almost." 

Kai sprang up from the bed, "Almost? What do you mean almost?" 

"It's a long story." 

Kai brushed my bangs aside and pinched my cheek lightly, "We've got all night." 

I pushed his hand away, "I barely know you,  I'm not going to vent to you about my past."

"Okay then," Kai sat crosslegged. "Let's get to know each other."

"Are you being serious?"

"Yes ma'am. If you don't want to go first, I will." 

"Go right ahead."

>>>Kai's POV<<<

"My name full name is Kim Jongin. Kai is just my stage name."

"Jongin? Can I call you Jonginnie?" Her eyes lit up. 

I frowned, "Absolutely not."

"Jonginnie-ah~" she teased. "I like it." 

"Yah, don't call me that in public." 

"Got it. So," Mari hugged a pillow close to her chest. "What inspired you to become a singer?"

"I've taken jazz dance lessons and ballet since the third grade. Dancing has always been a large part of my life. But one day I saw Shinhwa on TV and asked my dad "What kind of dance is that?" and he replied, "That's a performers dance" and ever since I wanted I become a singer." 

"My grandmother is a HUGE Shinhwa fan. You could totally be her best friend." *No thank you*

"What about you? Why don't you want to be a singer?"

"Heh, I can't sing for my life."

"That is what a vocal trainer is for. You obviously have the dancing part down." 

"It's already been decided that I take over my grandmother's company. My father was supposed to but you know he's dead so I'm the backup plan."

"Are you sure it's what you want to do?" 

"My grandmother has done a lot for me in the past. This is the least I can do for her. Dancing was something she encouraged me to pursue and I've grown to love it more than anything." 

"Your parents. How-" 

"Car crash." She interrupted, staring down at her toes. "I was only two at the time so I really don't know much." 

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I've learned to let go of that desire of wanting a family."

"Mari-" *How can you not want a family?* 

"Kai," She looked into my eyes. "I can't want something I know I'll never be able have."

"Are you being serious right now? How can you say that?" 

"Because," She pulled the comforter over her shoulder, preparing to sleep, "I've been told that." 

"Yah, who told you that?" 

"I'm sleepy now. Goodnight." 

"Kwon Mari!" 

"Kim Jongin!" She yanked the back of my shirt and pulled me back down. My head sunk into the soft pillow. "Sleep!" 

"You can't just leave me hanging like that! I want to know who-" 

Mari scooted close and hugged my right arm, "If I hug you like this, will you please shut up and go to sleep?" 

I pulled my arm away, earning a slightly surprised expression from her. "That's not a hug pabo. This is." I wrapped my arms around her torso and rested my cheek in the crook of her neck. "Goodnight." 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>>Mari's POV<<<

Bright beams of sunlight poured through my window, instantly warming my cheeks. "So bright." I shielded my eyes with the back of my hand. I tried to sit up but something was clearly restraining my body. I turned my head and realized Kai was still hugging me in his sleep. I slowly wiggled my way out of his grip and gently positioned his arms around a big fluffy pillow. "Keep him asleep pillow-nim." I giggled and walked into the bathroom. 

Even after forty-five minutes in the bathroom, Kai was still snoring like a bear in hibernation. I glanced at the clock. *It's almost noon. Damn, slept through breakfast!* "Kai." I gently patted his shoulder. No response. "Kai." I poked him multiple times. Still no response. "KIM JONGIN!" I screamed and shoved him. 

"YAH!" Kai rolled off the bed in shock and landed with a loud thud. "Aish! What the hell?!" He rubbed his side. 

"Get up." 

"So mean. Help me." He raised his arms. 

"No." 

"You pushed me off the bed and now my hurts. Helping me up is the least you can do." 

"I only gave you a tiny push. You were the one that decided to roll onto the floor."

"Don't sass me woman."I giggled and grabbed ahold of his hands and leaned back. Kai sprang up and lunged at me, closing the distance between our bodies. He slowly intertwined our fingers and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Next time," he whispered, "Wake me up with a kiss."

My heart sped up as his lips brushed against mine. I closed my eyes, waiting for-

>>>Kai's POV<<<

"Careless, Careless. Shoot anonymous, anonymous. Heartless, mindless. No one who care about me~" 

We jumped a bit from the sudden chanting. I let go of one of her hands and dug into my pockets for my ing phone.

"Who is it?" Mari asked.

"One of the EXO members. I didn't come home AND I didn't tell anyone I stayed here for the night. I have to take this, sorry."

"It's fine, I understand. I'll just go buy some grocceries for breakfast." She slowly let go of my hand. I mentally grinned. *She likes holding hands*

"Alright. Come back soon." Mari nodded and exited the room. I sat on the edge of the bed, putting the phone on speaker,"Hey Suho hyung." 

"Where have you been? You didn't come home last night!"

"I know, I'm sorry-"

"YAH! I made kimchi spaghetti with EXTRA cheese just for you and you decide not to show up for dinner last night?!" D.O. nagged.

"Sorry D.O. hyung." 

"HYUNG~Where are you? Suho hyung and D.O. hyung won't stop complaining." I heard Sehun whine. 

"Hey Kai," I heard Mari call from down the hall. "Have you seen my phone? I think I left-"

"Who was that?!" Suho shouted. 

"It sounded like a girl's voice" Chen replied.

I sighed loudly, "It's just Mari guys." 

"Mari annyeong!" Sehun greeted cheerfully. *Aish this maknae, is he her new bestfriend or something? Who said he could be so casual around her?* "Oh, hyung what are you doing with Mari? Did you stay over-"I heard a loud thump. "Ah hyung~Why'd you push me?!"

"DON'T TELL ME YOU HAD A ONE NIGHT STAND WITH OUR NEW CHOREOGRAPHER!" D.O. screamed. "KIM JONGIN I THOUGHT WE TAUGHT YOU BETTER-"

"I didn't do anything to her!" I groaned in frustration. "The storm last night got really bad so I stayed over for the night."

"Did you sleep with her?" Sehun asked innocently. *You baby. Do you even know what that means?* Mari entered the room, searching for her phone.

"I bet he did." Lay smirked.

"Bet what?" Mari asked, crawling onto the bed. She began tossing around a bunch of pillows. I switched off the speaker button and pressed the phone to my ear. I didn't want Lay bombarding her head with his dirty thoughts. 

"Hey Mari, how was Kai in- 

"I DIDN'T HAVE WITH HER GOD DAMMIT!" *Oh . Bad choice of words*  

"YAH! OUR MAKNAE'S EARS!" D.O. scolded. "You ert!" 

I turned my head around and stared at Mari, who was utterly speechless. She shuddered and resumed digging through her bed. I shook my head, "You Lay." I could practically imagine his triumphant smirk. I buried my head in my lap, mentally dying from embarrasment.

"Are you two dating now?" Suho asked. 

I raised my head. *I never actually thought about that* I but my lip with my back still facing her. "Hey Mari."

"What?" she replied in monotone. 

I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled. "What are we?"

 

---End of Chapter 9---

 

Ooooooooooo What is our lovely Mari going to SAYYYYYY?!!!

Nyahahahahaha you'll all have to WAIT and see~

 

 

Like Mah Story?! Subscribe and Comment!!! Both help me update faster xDDD