Mari Christmas Kim Jongin

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

I was dead asleep in my bed...or at least I a few seconds ago before I felt someone caressing my cheek. I rubbed my eyes open to find an incredibly handsome face gazing down at me. 

"Wake up, I want you to see your present." Kai kissed my forehead. 

"Can't we just wait for the others?" I mumbled. "They're probably still asleep too."

"Come on lazy . I really want you to come see your gift."

"I'm so tired...come sleep with me." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down. 

"You are really something. Trying to seduce me on Christmas morning." Kai whispered into my ear. 

"So you'll sleep with-"

"No. But since you're so tired I'll carry you!" Kai lifted me into his arms, bridal style. 

"Kim Jongin!" I was wide awake now. "Put me down!" 

"Oh so now you wanna get up? Too bad, I'm already carrying you." He headed downstairs and finally set me down once we reached the front door. He pulled the door open, "Ta-dah!" 

"Huh?" I stared at the empty box in front of me. "Am I missing something here?"

"What do you mean-" Kai looked down, speechless. 

I heard a soft whimper coming from behind the decorated bajillion foot pine tree. "Hold on." I slipped on my sneakers and headed outside into the cold. 

"Yah, at least put a jacket on!" Kai slid on his own shoes and ran after me. 

"I'll be fine! I just want to see-" 

An adorable black and white puppy with dark orange features glanced up at me innocently before running over. The puppy's eyes were a chocolate brown color that instantly melted my heart...just like Kai's. "Oh my gosh he's so adorable!" I bent down to scoop the furry little animal into my arms. The puppy my cheek affectionately. 

"It looks like he's taken a liking to you already." Kai wrapped an arm around waist.

"Kai he's adorable. Thank you." I kissed my boyfriend's cheek.

"You said you wanted me for Christmas so consider this little guy as mini me." 

"That's so sweet of you. Aigoo I love your present." 

"Do you have a name for him?"

"Hmmm...since he's a mini you..."

"Yah, nothing mean now."

I giggled and kissed the puppy's nose, "Choco."

"Choco? As in chocolate? Yah I said nothing mean! You're teasing me about my tan skin again!"

"I'm not teasing you! You have adorable chocolate colored eyes, it makes me smile whenever I see you, pabo." 

Kai grinned and pecked my lips, "Your eyes are pretty adorable too. I couldn't stop staring into them the first time I saw you."

"Isn't someone extra mushy today." I pinched his cheek.

"You love it. I can tell since you're getting redder by the second."

"Oh shut up."

"Hey, I'm doing you a favor. Whenever you blush your body temperature goes up which means your staying warm in the freezing outdoors."

"Well aren't you thoughtful." I chuckled at his odd sense of logic.

"What are you two doing out there in your pajamas? Get back in here, it's cold!" Taehee scolded. 

"She sounds like a real mother."

Kai Choco's head, "She's been spending too much time with with D.O. hyung."

D.O. appeared behind Taehee,  "YAH. Kkam Jong get back in here before you catch a cold! How dare you drag Mari out there!"

"See, told yah." 

>>>Kai's POV<<<

For the whole day all Mari did was cuddle and play around with Choco. Everything that puppy did was fangirl worthy to the girls of the house.

"Lucky dog." Chanyeol mumbled as he watched Eunhee kiss Choco's nose. "Nice going Kai, you just bought the ultimate er."

"You're jealous of a little puppy?" Xiumin snickered. "How can you hate such a cute face?" held Choco up to Chanyeol's face. Choco stared at Chanyeol with the most innocent expression I'd ever seen. 

Chanyeol pursed his lips before grabbing ahold of Choco. "Darn you and your fluffiness. Your cheeks are just like Baozi-hyung's."

"YAH!" Xiumin snapped. 

"Anyone want hot chocolate?" Mari asked as she stood up. *YES* This was my chance to get some alone time. Choco had hogged her enough for one day.

"Me!" Everyone shot their hands up. 

"Okay then. I'll be back in a bit." 

"Need any help?" I asked. 

"Nah, I think I can handle pouring hot chocolate into a few mugs."

"I'm sure you can. It's just the delivery part I'm worried about. You're a klutz and we don't need broken glass around here." 

"I am not a-" 

"Come on you." I pushed Mari into the kitchen. 

"I'm not that clumsy am I?" She puffed her cheeks and began heating up a pot of milk. 

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her waist, pressing her back against my chest. I rested my chin on her shoulder. "You do tend to fall over quite a bit."

"Oh shut up." She playfully elbowed my stomach. "Go get the marshmallows for me."

"Yes ma'am." I planted a wet kiss on her cheek before turning away. She squeaked out an "ew" and jokingly wiped her cheek with the back of her hand. I rummaged through the cupboards and managed to find a jumbo pack of mini-marshmallows. Piano music  could be heard playing in the background. I assumed it was Mari's cousin Yumee but it was actually Lay hyung. I was about to walk over to the piano when I felt a slight tug at the back of my collar. "Yah-" 

Mari shook her head, "Let him play." 

"I didn't even know he could play the piano."

"He can't." my girlfriend winked. 

Yumee poked her head into the kitchen, "Who's playing the piano?"

A smirk formed on Mari's face, "I don't know. Why don't you go see." Yumee nodded and headed into the piano room. 

"You're kidding." I did my best to suppress a laugh. Mari only giggled and shook her head. "Really? Lay hyung and Yumee noona?"

"They actually met previously at the airport when I went to go pick Yumee up."

"They met at the airport? What, at the luggage claim?" I snickered, burying my face into her hair. 

"We met in a dark alley."

"True."

"Apparently Yumee was the reason Lay and the others missed their flight. Unicorn boy was too lovesick to keep track of time."

"Is that why Luhan was so cold to Lay yesterday?" 

"Uh huh." Mari replied as she poured hot chocolate into the mugs. 

"Mari it's getting dark out! Let's turn on the Christmas lights!" Ren shouted. 

"Alright! Everyone grab your coats and hot chocolate." 

Everyone filed outside, lining up in front of the bajillion foot pine tree. "Flip the switch Ren! Hurry up!" Sora commanded. 

"Aish, you're even demanding during the holidays." Ren flipped the light switch, the mini light bulbs illuminated in a multitude of colors. 

 

 

 

We all stared in amazement with a few "oohs" and "aahs" here and there. I glanced at Mari's face. I grinned at the amazed expression on her face; as if she was a little kid looking through the window of a candy shop. 

Mari caught my gaze as she made eye contact with me, "What?"

I pinched her cheek, "Nothing. You're just naturally cute."

"As cute as Choco?" 

I glanced down at the puppy, who stared back up at me happily. "Nah. Choco still wins by a landslide since we look alike." 

"Yah~" She punched my arm playfully. "Don't make me burn your Christmas gift."

"Oh, what'd you get me?" 

"I'm not going to ruin the surprise!" She tossed me a small box tied with a red ribbon. 

"It seems pretty small compared to the ten pound fella I gave you."

"Just open it!" 

"Alright, alright." I slowly untied the ribbon, letting it fall into Choco's mouth. The hyperactive puppy treated it like a brand new chew toy. I lifted the top of the box.

"Well?" Mari watched me, anticipating my next move.

I pulled out a thin metal chain with a key attached to it...a house key. I stared at her with wide eyes, utterly speechless.

"You're worried about us not spending enough time together and drifting apart right?" 

I nodded. 

"Well I bought myself an apartment in downtown Seoul and that's the spare key so you can come over whenever you-"

I cut her off with a deep kiss. Choco scampered around the two of us in a circle as I pulled Mari closer. I pressed my forehead against hers and kissed the tip of her nose, "So does this mean I get to wake up next to you every morning?" 

"Depends...are you going to sleep next to me every night?"

"I should just consider moving in." 

"We still have Myungsoo to worry about silly. I have a feeling he's going to be checking up on my from time to time."

"At least you two are not living in the same house anymore." 

"Don't underestimate him."

"He's a flower boy. I'll squash him with my foot if he gets in between us."

"Now that would be one hell of a Christmas gift."

"Merry Christmas Kwon Mari."

"Merry Christmas Kim Jongin." We pressed our lips together once again. 

 

---End of Chapter 37---

 

 

 

 

Like Mah Story?! Subscribe and Comment!!! Both help me update faster xDDD