Morning Love

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

Time has been flying by. Well, at least to me it is. 

Graduation is just around the corner and to be honest, I really don't want to go. Graduation means that I need to prepare for college. Which basically means I'm preparing to leave my wonderful life in Seoul...consequently leaving my boyfriend. *T^T*

Kai's been super optimistic about the bittersweet news. Ever since my waterfall of tears that night he's been sleeping at my place for the past month. D.O. suggests he just move in with me so he can have the room he and Kai share all to himself. Kai might as move in since I'll be giving him my keys to the apartment during my four years in the U.S. No use in keeping keys to a home that's an ocean away.

I groaned at the sound of my grandmother's nagging voice over the phone. "Grandma, please, I really don't want to go." she was hassling me about Jeju Island again. "Do you honestly think I want to spend my summer vacation in an office cubicle with loads of paperwork?" 

My grandmother's voice boomed over the phone, "Young lady, I need you to start creating good relationships with business people!" 

"Ew, I refuse to shake hands with century old year old es." I glanced over at Kai, who was attempting to make pancakes. I kept a watchful eye on him in case he started a fire or something. Kid already burnt the last two batches, I'm really praying for a third time's the charm. My stomach is becoming a black hole.

"Kwon Mari, I am telling you to go, not asking."

"WHY?!" I scared the crap out of Kai with my shriek. He accidentally tossed a pancake over his shoulder. It ended up in Choco's food bowl. "Aigoo..." I chuckled and mouthed an apology to him. My boyfriend only winked and resumed burning flipping pancakes.

"Just try it out for a bit. If it bothers you that much to be around your future co-workers then maybe business isn't for you..." 

"What?! YAH, I didn't suffer years of private school full of snobby rich kids for nothing! You can't just kick me out of the company when I haven't even done anything yet!" 

"That's just it, Mari-ah. You haven't done anything. You never go to important dinners, press conferences, or events. I'm beginning to think that becoming CEO isn't-" 

"FINE. I will go to Jeju Island for one week. That's it."

"Two months. It's not even your whole summer-"

"Why are you so insistent on this? It can't just be that I need more experience, I have plenty of time for that in the-"

"There isn't enough time!"

I paused for a moment. Her voice sounded broken and angered. She has never spoken to me this way. I glanced at Kai who was attacking Choco with Eskimo kisses. I chewed on my lip nervously. *I don't want to leave him...*

"Please, I need you at Jeju. I promise it won't be for nothing."

"Okay, I'll go."

"Thank you." My grandmother sounded relieved. "I'll confirm the details with you later." She hung up without another word. 

I gave my phone a stank face before shoving it into my back pocket. 

"Stop making ugly faces to your phone and come here." Kai set down a plate of pancakes and a glass of orange juice on the kitchen counter. The pancakes were decorated to look like bears. Kai threw a straw into the glass of orange juice and pushed it towards me. "Enjoy." 

*How cute~*

I giggled at the different shades of color each individual bear was. "Why are they all different colors?"

"Huh? Oh..." Kai rubbed the back of his neck, clearly feeling embarrassed at his fail attempt at making breakfast. 

"This one is burnt." I poked at the nearly black piece of dough. "Aigoo, it reminds me of you." 

"Yah!" Kai took some access flour from the batter bowl and flicked it at me. "I worked hard-"

I burst out laughing and took a bite of the Kai-look-alike-pancake and savored its well-done flavor. "I'm just teasing, I love your pancakes."

"I'm glad you appreciate my specially made burnt cuisine."

"I like my food extra crisp...it adds extra flavor."

"Good." Kai took a sip of the orange juice in front of me.

"Now hand me that orange juice."

"No." Kai shook his head cutely, "You said you liked the extra burnt flavor. I'm going to make you savor my cooking for the rest of your life."

"Yah, I don't want to taste burnt flap jacks in my mouth for an eternity! Hand over the juice!" 

"No, you can't have it!" He began to blow bubbles into the juice like a toddler playing around with his drink. 

*How can you be so cute?*

"You ." I reached over the counter and grabbed the drink from his hands. Kai kept the straw in his mouth as I gulped down the rest of the juice in seconds. 

"I wasn't done with that yet!" Kai spit out the straw. "I demand compensation!"

"Compensation for what loss?"

"The loss of freshly squeezed orange juice!"

"By freshly squeezed you mean straight from that carton in my fridge."

"You still have to give me a reward for my valiant efforts in your kitchen." Kai puckered his lips, "Kisseu~" 

I shoved another forkful of burnt pancakes into my mouth, "You ain't gettin' squat from me." Kai lips retreated into an un-amused poker face. I tried to hold back laughter to avoid choking as I finished chewing.

Being the persistent and stubborn fool he was, Kai asked for another kiss. This time he leaned over the counter and tapped his cheek with his index finger. "Kisseu~" 

I surprised him with my fingers pinching his cheek. "Aigoo, our Jonginnie did such a good job not burning down the kitchen! Kyungsoo Umma would be so proud." 

Kai jerked his face away and rubbed the pink spot forming on his cheek. He scowled and turned away. I quietly climbed over the counter and gently kicked his . Kai whipped his body around to take his revenge when he suddenly stopped in his tracks, realizing how close I was. I sat on the counter with my legs dangling and an innocent smile plastered on my face. 

My boyfriend couldn't help but smirk as his body slipped in between my legs. His palms were planted on the edges of the marble counter to keep himself from pouncing on me. He leaned his body in, closely, as I gently slid my hands up and down his lean biceps. 

Kai smirked and pressed his forehead against mine. "You are such a tease." He breathed. 

"And you are such a ." 

"You're going to be missing these moments when you're in Jeju for the summer." 

I widened my eyes and pulled away, "You heard?" 

"You talk quite loud for someone with such a tiny body." 

I grumbled and folded my arms. Kai chuckled and slowly unfolded my arms. He slowly grasped my hand, giving it a kiss before pressing my palm to his cheek. "You better not fall for any stupid beach gods or snobby rich guys." He warned. "I'll drag you back to Seoul if I see you in the arms of another man."

"I better not see you flirting with some deranged fangirl or else I'll dump your without having second thoughts." 

"Don't worry, you're my favorite deranged fangirl." 

"I am not a deranged fangirl!"

"You stare at my body every single time I go shirtless during practice." 

Dammit. I've been caught. I still denied it though, it's too embarrassing to give in to the truth. "Liar!" I pouted.

"You're the liar."

"Ugh, I hate you." 

Kai smirked and kiss my forehead, "When do you leave?" 

"I don't know. Grandma says she'll confirm the details with me later." 

"How long will you be gone for?"

"Two months. It's not so bad." 

Kai shrugged, "Guess not." He slowly backed away to let me jump off the counter. "I have to go meet up with EXO. I'll see you later, okay?" 

"Practice?"

"Debut showcase in one month. Of course there's going to be practice." 

"Well I have graduation in a week so I should probably start going to those practices..." 

"You have practice for graduation?"

"You'd be surprised to see how hard it is to get three hundred high school seniors to walk on and off stage without breaking any bones." 

"Not everyone can move as gracefully as you can." Kai winked. "Now tell me, what should I get you-"

I cut him off, "No, no gifts. I really don't want anything."

"Mari, I am absolutely getting you a gift. Your graduation party happens to also be your birthday party, so yes, I will be getting you a gift."

"Aish, you already got me Choco for Christmas." I picked up the adorable furry companion from the floor. I cuddled Choco close as Kai gave the puppy a kiss on the nose. 

"Then you'll also love the next gift I'll be getting you." He quickly threw on his shoes and opened the front door. "Have fun at graduation practice, bye!"

"W-wait! I seriously don't-"

The door slammed shut. 

"YAH!" I screamed.

 

---End of Chapter 51---

 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment MAH HOME SKILLET BISCUITS!