Drunken Confession

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

I rummaged through Ren's drawers, trying to find Kai a shirt to wear.

"You know, I don't have to change into a new shirt." Kai smirked. "I can just go shirtless."

"You'd like that, hmm?" I rolled my eyes and held up a think black v-neck. Satisfied, I tossed him the shirt. He caught it with one hand. 

"You act like you wouldn't." Kai pinched my cheek. "Who doesn't like seeing their hot boyfriend shirtless?"

"Oh please like I-"

"Especially," He whispered into my ear seductively. "When he's got an amazing set of abs." 

"I'll see you outside!" I pushed him away. My hand just barely grabbed ahold of the door knob when I felt Kai's chest mold into my back. 

"You're not going anywhere." He wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my neck, sensually. He turned me around and smirked as he tilted my chin up. His lips gently pressed against mine.

"ARE YOU TWO DONE IN THERE YET?" Ren banged on the door. "Me and Luhan need clothes too!" 

Kai groaned and pulled his shirt over his head. I slapped my hands over my eyes, blushing from the sight of my boyfriend's very apparent six pack. Long hours of practicing had done him good, DAMN good. I heard him chuckle, he pulled my hands away from my face. I sighed, thankful he had the v-neck on.

"What are you two doing in there?" Luhan whined. "I'm cold~"

"Come out!" Ren demanded. "You two better not be getting it on ALL UP IN MAH BED! I have to sleep on that er tonight!" 

"I am seriously going to kill those bastards one day." Kai growled. He reluctantly opened the door to two very cold, wet, and angry men.  

"Finally!" Ren barged in. He headed straight for his walk in closet.

"Glad you sobered up." I chuckled. 

"How could I not after being shoved into a vast amount of frigid water?!"

"Your fault for getting drunk."

"Don't get used to it. I am NEVER downing a full bottle of champagne ever again. I'm guaranteed a hangover tomorrow morning."

"Oh, that'll be fun to watch."

"HAH, no."

"Get some rest. I'm heading home."

"Leaving so soon?" Kai pouted.

EXO was staying at Ren's house for the night but I decided leave. I had an adorable puppy to get back home to. "It's getting late and Choco is waiting at home for me."

"Can I come with you?" 

"No, you're staying here." 

"But I miss seeing my son. It's not healthy for a baby to be away from his appa for long periods of time."

"I'm sure Choco can survive one more night without being hugged to death by his appa." I tapped Kai's nose. "But you can drop by tomorrow morning. Bring Monggu over for a play date with Choco!"  

"Or I could force my hyungs dog sit for us while we have our own play date." He wrapped his arms around my waist.

"ert." I gently pushed him away. "Control yourself."

"So mean." Kai pecked the tip of my nose.

 

------------

 

Choco scampered up to me as soon as I opened the door to my apartment. 

"Annyeong Choco-yah!" I bent down to pet the furry fella. Choco barked in reply, happy to see his mommy home. "I'm so tired~" I yawned. I was about go take a shower when the doorbell rang. "The hell, it's almost three in the morning. Who would visit at this hour?" 

I looked through the peephole of the door. My facial expression scrunched as I saw Myungsoo's face. "It's Myungsoo." I glanced down at Choco. "Should I let the pansy boy in?" 

Choco tilted his head to one side, gazing at me with those innocent eyes of his. 

"Is that a yes?"

Choco remained still.

"Fine...but you better attack him if he tries anything. Got it?" 

The hyper puppy barked and pawed at the door. 

"Are you that eager to meet him?" I shook my head and opened the door. "What do you want, Myungsoo?"

"Mari-ah." Myungsoo reeked of soju.

*WHY IS EVERYONE DRUNK?!* "Oh hell no!" I tried slamming the door but Myungsoo barged through, knocking me off my feet. I fell on my but, hard. My tailbone ached in pain. Choco ran circles around me in panic. 

The drunk bastard locked the door shut and staggered up to me. I crawled backwards until I hit the back of my head hit a wall. Myungsoo stopped at my feet and bent down, proceeding to crawl over my legs until he hovered over me. I turned my head in disgust and fear as his intoxicating hot breath hit my neck. 

"Kim Myungsoo!" My hands pressed against his chest to keep his body from crushing my petite frame. "Get ahold of yourself!" 

"I saw you."

"What?" *What is he talking about?*

"You, and that bastard...how dare he. How dare he touch you!"

"What are you talking about? Who is he?" 

"THAT GUY. HE KISSED YOU!" 

He saw Kai. He saw me with Kai. I forgot Myungsoo would be at the party, how could I have been so careless? I had to think of an excuse, fast. "Myungsoo-" 

"Mari-ah, forgive me." Myungsoo muttered. 

"Forgive you? Look, we can talk about this later." I had to use his drunken state to my advantage. "Let's get you back-"

"Forgive me." He repeated. "I didn't mean to hurt you." 

"You didn't hurt me...at least not yet. Come on, let's get you-"

"Forgive me, for breaking your heart."

My body turned stiff. I hated talking about our past. It only brought up painful memories of me crying and waiting around for Myungsoo, only to have him tear my heart into meaningless shreds. It didn't matter how many times he apologized, it would never be enough. 

"I was wrong. I didn't mean to call you a burden. You're not a waste of time, you're not meaningless, you're not worthless."

Every word of his sent a pang inside my heart. "Stop." I was close to tears.

"Come back to me." 

"Stop."

"You're my everything." 

"Stop." I said it louder this time.

"You're mine." Myungsoo's lips brushed against my jawline. "I will protect what's mine."

I grabbed onto his collar, locking eyes with him. "I will kill you if you don't stop! Get ahold of yourself!"

Myungsoo rolled off my body and sat next to me. His head collapsed onto my shoulder. "Kwon Mari." 

"GET OFF!" 

"I love you." He breathed. "I will...always...love you. His face buried in the crook of my neck. 

My body froze. I couldn't tell if it was from the complete shock of a drunk confession or the fear of what tomorrow would bring. Either way, I was incapable of lifting Myungsoo's head off my shoulder. All I could do was sit there, and let the waterworks turn my eyes red and puffy. I didn't even know why I was crying. Was it guilt? Why would I feel guilty? I didn't do anything wrong. Myungsoo was an that didn't care about me. He only cared about ruining my love life...but he still loved me.

Choco whimpered and nudged my hand. I wiped tears away with the back of my hand. "Choco-yah." I said, "Why didn't you attack him?" The puppy whimpered and rested his head on my thigh. "You should've done something before he said those three words again." Tears began pouring out of my eyes again.

I have never despised hearing "I love you" so much. 

 

---End of Chapter 45---

 

Author-nim's note: I'm very sorry for not being able to update as often for these past few weeks! I've been swamped with schoolwork T^T. I'm also TRYING to update my other story but I keep having thoughts about just deleting it since I have no idea how to continue it...then again I have pet peeve about leaving things unfinished. FML why does everything have to be so difficult for me?!!!

 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment MAH HOME SKILLET BISCUITS!

Both help me update faster xDDD