Future? What Future?

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Ren's POV<<<

"Good lord, what's taking the bastard so long to respond? I'm dying for an answer!" I hissed. 

Taehee peaked over my shoulder, "What do you think they're saying right now?"

*If I know Myungsoo well, he's probably still trying to let everything sink in* I pouted and shook my head, "Poor sap. He never had a chance..."

"It's even worse that he didn't even know."

"I should've told him myself and spared everyone the drama."

"Oh please, you live for drama."

"Good point. But, I didn't like the trouble Mari had to go through, that was unnecessary."

Taehee nodded and refocused her attention on the silent pair. "Why are they just staring at each other? Are they communicating telepathically?"

"Maybe they've got some secret eye contact language thingy goin' on. They have known each other for a hell of a long time." Myungsoo let out a loud sigh. *FINALLY! HE'S GOING TO SPEAK!* Me and Taehee leaned over the counter to get a better listen. Just as the pansy was about to speak, piano music began to play in the background, drowning out Myungsoo's voice. "YAH!" I shot my head in the direction of the piano, which Yumee was playing contently. "Shin Yumee, I forbid you to play that piano! Stop it! You're ing my eavesdropping time!'

Yumee's lips spread into the most "innocent" smile I had ever seen. She continued tilted her head to one side and winked before turning away to focus on the music sheet in front of her. 

"She's doing this on purpose. Yumee wants to ruin my life." I muttered. 

Taehee giggled and pinched my cheek, "Yah, Yumee's right. We should give the two some privacy."

"Privacy my ! I was apart of this hot mess too! We were in this together, how could Mari do this to me?"

"You're so damn dramatic. Now hush, don't disturb them."

I was about to reply with another snarky comment when I heard a shushing sound from behind. I turned my head and glared at Yumee. She had pressed her index finger to her lips, her sugar coating way of telling me to shut the up. I pouted and pointed at her, "Shut up Yumee! Yo' is supposed to be back in China! What the hell are you still doing in my country?!"

>>>Mari's POV<<<

Coffee with my childhood friend/worst enemy, never thought that day would ever come. I was hoping to get rid of the worst enemy part. I stared intently into Myungsoo's eyes as my fingers impatiently drummed the wooden cafe table of Sweet Haven. I could hear Taehee and Ren hisses and whispers in the background slowly being surpressed with Yumee's graceful piano skills.

"Are you being serious right now?" Myungsoo half laughed. 

I shrugged my shoulders with a wide smirk on my face. "Hey, things happen."

"Seriously? You met him in the middle of a dark alley?" He slumped back in his chair. 

"Technically speaking, yes. That was the first time we introduced ourselves to each other. The first time we saw one another was on the streets of Seoul when Ren accidentally bumped into Kai." 

"Well doesn't that sound romantic? Kidnapped off the streets, landing a job as your kidnapper's choreographer, breaking and entering, sleeping over, and then suddenly becoming a couple in a time span of just two days? Moving a bit fast aren't we?"

"Like I said, things happen."

"Tell me, what made you say yes?"

"Say yes?"

"What made you want to be his girlfriend?"

I blinked at him before taking a deep breath. "I have my reasons."

"Care to tell me those reasons?"

"I can't tell you all the secrets about my relationship, than it wouldn't be special."

Myungsoo smiled, "You really like him don't you?"

*Obviously if I was willing to protect him from you*

I nodded without hesitation, "I love him."

A loud sigh escaped Myungsoo's lips, "I can only blame myself." He held out his hand, which I gladly accepted. He gently rubbed my fingers with his thumb. 

"I'm sorry."

"For what? I should be the one saying sorry. I've caused you so much trouble."

"In the past, you broke up relationships- knowing I liked the guy. This time, it's different. This time, you didn't know I had a boyfriend, so I know you didn't intentionally drive me and Kai apart. I should've told you from the start that I had already moved on."

"Still-"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leading you on. You pursued a girl without knowing she already had someone."

"Yah, it's not-"

"I'm sorry for giving you false hope."

Myungsoo gently squeezed my fingers, "This Kai bast- guy really has done wonders. Look at you, where is my emotionless childhood buddy?" 

"I'm still your childhood buddy! I just decided to take the emotionless part out."

"That's good. I'm happy about that...I'm happy for you." *You're letting me go...*

I gulped, hearing the heart break slipping out of his voice. Guilt welled up inside my chest. He's been chasing after me...something he can never have. *I am so sorry, Kim Myungsoo. I was the one that hurt you this time. Forgive me...*

"Don't look at me like that! You know I hate it when people pity me!" 

I smiled and nodded, "My bad."

"Aish, don't you dare pity me. Just be happy with that - guy...and I'll be happy too."

"Thank you. And Myungsoo, I want you to be happy too." 

"I'll be just fine." He let go of my hand and folded his arms. "I'm just worried about you."

"What do you mean?"

"Have you applied to any colleges yet? Did your grandmother talk to you about your future plans after graduation yet?"

I bit my tongue. Crap. I never thought about life after my high school graduation. "Uh...I'm just focusing on my job as EXO's choreographer right now."

"Mari," he shook his head. "Don't put this off. Don't wait and push away your problem. That already turned into a disaster with me."

"I know, I know." 

"Yah, when is Kai debuting?" 

"Soon. I've finished choreographing and EXO is in the mist of filming for their debut music video."

"So after debut, you're done as EXO's choreographer?"

I pouted, "I guess. My contract expires the day of EXO's showcase."

"Which is..."

"March 31st."

"Well then, you have until March 31st to get your together and tell Kai what you plan on doing with your future."

 

---End of Chapter 48---

 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment MAH HOME SKILLET BISCUITS!

Both help me update faster xDDD