Housemate

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

*Kim Myungsoo...* He glanced at me and smiled. *The hell are you smiling? I'm not happy to see you* 

"Hey you." Myungsoo greeted. 

I clenched my fist. "Hey homewrecker."

"Nice to see that you haven't changed a bit...personality wise."

"How did you get in my house?"

"Just came to check up on you."

"That doesn't answer my question."

My anger built up as he took his sweet time sauntering through the room, examining every plushie, book, and picture frame I had out. "You guys have really grown up fast." He picked up a particular picture of me and Ren, dated back about four years. 

He held out the frame next to my face, amazed at how much my appearance changed. "Wow." 

I frowned and snatched the picture frame out of his hand. "Yeah, I know. Ugly right?" I set it back down on my dresser. 

"Not at all. If anything I kind of miss the old you with light brown hair, excessive eyeliner, and dorky nerd glasses."

"Well then, I'm for sure, not going back to that old look ever again." 

"You're not still mad at me are you?" He slowly caressed my cheek. "You know I-"

I slapped his hand away, "Keep your grimy hands off me. I hate you." 

"Do you really hate me?" He frowned. 

"Yes. And who let you in my house in the first place? Don't make me call the-"

"Your grandmother gave me a key to the house."

*You're kidding me* "Liar. Why would my grandmother give you a key to our house?"

"Do you honestly think your grandmother would let her precious seventeen year old heiress live alone without ANY form of security? She called me saying she'd be in Japan for half the year and needed someone to keep an eye on you for the time being."

"Since when do idols have the time to babysit? I can take care of myself just fine."

"I'm done with my promotions. Infinite won't be making a comeback for a while, so all my free time can be focused on you." 

"Get out. Get out of my house and never set foot in it ever again."

"You can't kick me out of our house." 

*Our?* "What do you mean our?"

"I live here now."

"WHAT?! WHY?!" 

"How else am I supposed to keep an eye on you?"

"Don't your parents live next door? Go back to your old house!"

"My dad's job relocated him to Busan so they're moving out next week." 

"Then buy it from them and live there by yourself!"

"Do you honestly think I have that much money like you?"

"Wait, what about your group members? You can't just leave the dorm and stay here."

"Your grandmother happens to have very good connections with my company's CEO. I have absolute consent to live here."

"The rest of Infinite-"

"Gave me their full blessing. They know what's going between the two of us."

"There is nothing going on between the two of us. I made that clear the day you decided to- you know what, no. Just no! You cannot stay here. You're going to make my life a living hell. I refuse to suffer for an entire year before I go off to college." 

"My stuff is already moved in to the guest room across the hall."

"You're across the hall?!" I ran out of my room and burst through the guest room he was supposedly staying in. There were stacks of moving boxes, suitcases, and duffle bags. *This can't be happening!* 

"Now," I felt his hot breath against the shell of my ear, "You can come over to my room and sleep with me whenever you have bad dreams." He wrapped his arms around my waist, my back pressed against his chest. *I think I'm going to have a mental breakdown*

"What did I say about keeping your grimy hands off me?" I tore his hands off me and pushed him aside. I went back into my room and locked the door. *Oh my god. my life. Just... MY LIFE* I dialed my grandmother's phone number, hoping to change her mind about Myungsoo living with me. *Please...please...please...pick up* 

"Hello?" Grandma Kwon asked. *YES*

"Grandma!" 

"Hi hun, how are you?"

"Fine. Actually, not fine. I'm freaking out!"

"Why?"

"Why? You asked Kim Myungsoo to live in our house and babysit me while you're away?"

"Ah yes, wasn't that nice of him to say yes?"

"NO!"

"No? Why no? I thought you liked-"

"Noooooo." I whined. 

"Ah wae~?" *I guess it's a good time to tell her now*

"I have a boyfriend." There was a long pause. *She didn't pass out did she?!* "Grandma? Grams? GRANDMAMA KWON?!" I panicked.

"GOOD GOD MY GRANDBABY FINALLY FOUND HER SOULMATE!"

I nearly upchucked at soulmate. It was WAY too soon to think of Kai that way. Don't get me wrong here, I like Kai. I genuinely do, but I don't want to be completely lovesick and end up heartbroken if things don't end up happily ever after. Gotta be realistic here. "He's my first boyfriend grandma, calm yourself." 

"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier?"

"I was still trying to figure out how to tell you. Looks like I found out how."

"Honey I'm so happy for you! Who is this lucky young fella?"

"He's-"

"He is young right? I mean, we can't have you dating a thirty year old now. I understand you're incredibly responsible and mature for your age but-"

"Grandma he's only a year older than me! And he's part of that upcoming debut group I'm choreographing for."

"EXO?!"

"Yes. He's the main dancer, Kai."

"Can I get a last name."

"I'm not telling you his real name. Not just yet."

"Why? I'm your grandmother, I-"

"Exactly. That's just it. You're my grandmother, Kwon Miyoung. Head of Kwon Enterprises: one of the biggest and wealthiest business companies in the world. You do a better background check on people than national security does. If I tell you the real name of my boyfriend you'll kidnap and interogate him." 

I heard a loud sigh, "I really did pick a good heiress. My grandbaby knows me too well." 

"Will you please tell Myungsoo to leave me alone? He won't listen to me." 

"Absolutely not. You're too precious to me to risk losing. I need to know you'll be safe and Myungsoo is the only person I can trust to watch over you." 

"But what if Kai gets the wrong idea!"

"Oh dear, look at the time. I have a business meeting in two minutes!"

"Yah, grandma-" Before I could utter another word the line went dead. "Ugh!" I slammed my phone on the nightstand beside me. "Worst. Day. Ever."

 

----------------

 

The next morning I woke up an hour earlier than usual in hopes of avoiding Myungsoo. Unfortunately he was already sitting at the dining table with breakfast prepared when I came downstairs. Even after countless rejections he insisted I sit down and eat with him. The only reason I gave in was the giant stack of fluffy pancakes constantly tempting me. 

*Damn food...stupid weakness*  I drenched them in syrup and took a big bite.

"Are they good?" Myungsoo asked, taking a sip of coffee. I gave a slight head nod and continued eating in silence. "Do I need to look forward to breakfast being like this every morning?" I nodded again. "Really?" 

Rolling my eyes I replied,"Let me eat in peace." The doorbell rang. I stood up and slung my bag over my shoulder, "That must be Ren. I'm leaving now." 

"Ren? I haven't seen him in a while." Myunsoo followed me to the door.

I slipped on my leather boots. "Must be because he hates you too."

"If I remember correctly, Ren is one of the few people I'm on good terms with. He's actually pretty easy to deal with, unlike someone here." He flicked my forehead. 

"Don't touch me!" I  pushed him off to the side and yanked the door open. My body felt ice cold as soon as I realized it wasn't Ren standing in front of me.

Myungsoo appeared behind me, "Stop being so difficult. Let's just kiss and-" Without turning around to face him I threw my fist into into stomach to shut him up. "Yah! What the hell?" He coughed and held his stomach with one hand. He looked up, realizing my attention was much more focused on the person in front of me. 

I could feel a knot form in my throat as I uttered, "Kai." 

 

 

 

---End of Chapter 13---

 

 

Oh lord. Myungsoo and Kai....

 

This ain't goin' be pretty

 

 

Like Mah Story?! Subscribe and Comment!!! Both help me update faster xDDD

 

And...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

LMAO! Aren't they adorable? KRIS IS WEARING A FAKE MUSTACHE!!!