Bittersweet

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"Mari dear can you go over the guest list for me? I need to go make an important phone call." Sora handed me a clipboard. "There are also music sheets in there that need to get to Yumee ASAP. Thanks hun." I heard the click clack of her heels as she walked away. I will never understand how she manages to strut in six inch heels without tripping at least once. 

Ren scurried over, glancing over my shoulder to take a peek at the guest list. "Did everyone RSVP yet?"

"Pretty much." I quickly skimmed down the list of guests. I stopped at the last name and sighed, "Except for you." I circled Kai's name and scribbled "maybe" next to it. I did the same with Tao, Chen, and Luhan's names. The four of them were filming for SBS's Gayo Daejun and it was still uncertain if they'd make it back in time for tonight's festivities. I was thrilled for his first appearance on TV but it's sad we might not being counting down to the new year together.

"Mari, is your grandmother coming tonight? She's the one that always pops the first champagne bottle." Ren smirked. He was hanging streamers around the staircase of his house.

"Grandma Kwon is on her way as we speak. Her flight should be landing in two hours."

"Thank goodness, I'm finally here!" a female voice cheered. 

"Ayeon!" Ren shouted. The two of us raced over to give her a hug. 

"Eeeeee it's my two lovable dongsaengs!" Ayeon embraced us tightly. "I'm so glad to see you."

"We're glad to see you too. I can't believe you actually made it."

"I can't believe I actually managed to sneak her out." Another female with long auburn reddish hair walked in with a tired expression. "I was beginning to think it was mission impossible trying to slip past security." 

"Woori unnie!" I gave her a hug as well. "You look tired, is everything alright?"

"This idiot," Woori flicked Ayeon's forehead. "Forgot to mention her father added guard dogs as extra security so I got chased around for a good twenty minutes while she snuck out the back window."

"Sorry." Ayeon smiled apologetically. "At least you were a good distraction. Security never even noticed I left the house." 

"Aish, I nearly got eaten alive!"

"Alright how about you two sit down and rest while Mari gets some refreshments." Ren led Woori and Ayeon towards the living room. I rolled my eyes as Ren waved his hand in the direction of the kitchen. *Gee, thanks for volunteering me* 

I sauntered into the kitchen and noticed Taehee sitting on stool, watching the catering staff prepare appetizers. "You waiting for an opportunity to steal a quick bite?" 

"Darn, you caught me." Taehee giggled. "I'm starved." 

"You're not the only one. Ren has my hands tied up today with the party setup. I haven't gotten a chance to eat lunch."

"Aigoo, why don't you take a break and pig out with me."

"Can't, I need to finish up decorating the main entrance of the house." 

"Aish, Ren that slave driver. I had to bake all the desserts, you're decorating the house, Sora's managing the waiters, Yumee's in charge of entertainment, and Eunmi and Eunhee are stuck cleaning the pool."

"Wait, they're cleaning the pool?"

"Don't ask." Taehee shook her head. "I'll wait for you to finish. I don't want to look fat by myself once I start inhaling all the delicious food."

I laughed and nodded, "I'll try to finish up soon." I walked out the kitchen with a water bottle in each of my hands. I couldn't help but feel a tad dizzy. Maybe postponing snack time with Taehee wasn't such a good idea. 

"Annyeong Mari!" Xiumin waved. The rest of EXO entered, staring at the interior of Ren's house. 

I shook my head to put a temporary hault on the dizziness. I gave EXO a slight smile, "What are you guys doing here this early? The party doesn't start for another six hours."

"Ren gave us a call. He said he needed help with party setup or something."

*Ren really is a slave driver...* "Well we can always use an extra set of hands. In this case...eight of them."

"Great, so what can we do?" 

"You, can bring these to the guests that are in the living room." I handed him the water bottles. 

"Uh...okay." He shrugged before walking off. 

"Sehun go check on the-" 

"IS THAT A GAME ROOM SIGN I SEE?!" Sehun clapped and ran down the hall. Suho shook his head disapprovingly and followed the hyper maknae. 

I let out an audible sigh, "Okay then." I glanced at D.O., who stared at me with a worried expression. "What?" I blinked.

D.O. pouted, "You look tired. Have you eaten yet?" 

I laughed at the motherly tone he used, "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." An idea sparked in my head. "What about you? Have you eaten yet?"

"Me? Uh no I was going to wait and-"

"Go into the kitchen and grab a bite. I'll meet you in there soon." I gave him a gentle push towards the kitchen. 

"Mari!" Sora rushed up to me. "I can't find the-" she suddenly stopped and stared at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You look a bit pale. Are you feeling alright?" She my cheek.

"Aish," I playfully smacked her hand away. "All of you sound like worried grannies. Now what do you need?" 

Sora giggled and a loose strand of hair behind her ear, "I need help lifting something. Have you seen Ren?" 

"Take those two." I pointed at the twin giants. Chanyeol and Kris pointed at one another. I chuckled amd nodded. "They'll get the job done." 

"You sure? They seem a bit...scrawny." Sora tapped her chin with her manicured finger. "Ren acts like a wimp but he's got serious muscle power." 

"Tch, we'll show you scrawny." Kris growled. 

"Whatever you say Mr. Giraffe." Sora her heels. 

"Kris hyung is actually a dragon." Chanyeol chirped as he followed Sora. 

I puffed my cheeks as I checked the clip board. The music sheets stuck out from under the guest list. *Aish I need to get these to- oh* I smirked as I made eye contact with Lay. "You, take these to my cousin." I handed him the music sheets.

"Who's that?" Lay questioned. He narrowed his eyes at the music sheets. I could've sworn I saw a twinkle in those innocent eyes of his. He widened his eyes at me.

"Yumee's in the living room. Most likely by the piano." 

"Yumee...AH so that's her name!" Lay shot his fist in the air as he bolted into the living room. 

Baekhyun face palmed himself, "Even I knew her name...and he met her first." 

"Better late then never." I snickered. My head began to spin again, this time there was pain involved. *Dammit* I clutched my head. 

"Mari, are you alright?" Baekhyun rushed to my side. 

"My...head..." My limbs felt limp. Darkness soon flooded my eyes.

"Mari-ah!" 

 

---End of Chapter 39---

 

-Baek Ayeon

-20 years old

-Daughter of a presidential candidate

-Headstrong, rebellious, has a bit of an attitude 

-Soft side rarely comes out (If she even has one 0-0) 

-Jung Woori

-22 years old

-Baby Faced (Easily mistaken for a teen)

-Works as a maekup artist for various idols

-Slightly airheaded, bubbly & outgoing, unintentionally acts cute

 

A glimpse of the Park residence: 

Entrance

Living Room

Kitchen:

Ren's Bedroom

Sora's Bedroom

Indoor Gym (Ren's gotta maintain that hot bod ;D)

Swimming Pool

 

Like Mah Story?! Subscribe and Comment!!! Both help me update faster xDDD