Here for You

My Badass Sweetheart

Music for Later :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rmj3iU36Mmw

Add this too later on! http://www.rainymood.com/

 

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"It's not breaking and entering if you opened the door for me." *You stupid girl. Why didn't you check who it was before you opened the door? ISN'T IT COMMON SENSE?!* I pouted in frustration, shoving him away to let off some steam. 

"What's wrong with you?" Kai took a step back, afraid of being hit again. 

"Stop moving! You're dripping water all over the floor." 

"Well, you keep hitting me!"

"You deserve to be hit, coming in soaking wet and UNINVITED!"

"Then be a good home owner and get the wet house guest a towel." 

I folded my arms,"Or I could be a heartless and kick the wet intruder back out in the rain."

"But, you're not a heartless , so get me that towel." *Good answer*

"Why don't you just go shower. There's a bathroom down the hall, second door to your left." 

"And what am I supposed to wear once I get out of the shower. My clothes are drenched and I refuse to walk around your house ."

"I-"

"Unless," Kai smirked. "You want to-"

"Just go shower! I'll take care of the clothing issue." *ert*

>>>Kai's POV<<<

After a quick shower I wrapped a small white towel around me waist. I glanced down at the pile of wet clothes on the floor. *Looks like I'm walking around * 

There was a knock on the door. "Hey butthole, I have dry clothes for you." 

"It's like she can read minds." I mumbled. 

"Yah, did you fall asleep in there? Hurry up and take the clothes." 

I opened the door wide enough to stick my hand through, "Hand them over." Mari shoved them into my palms forcefully and walked off. I shut the door closed and changed into the loose t-shirt and sweatpants she gave me. I opened the door to see her standing right in front of the door. "Aish!" I jumped back in shock. "Why are you standing there?" 

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the damp clothes from my hands. "I have to go dry your clothes, duh." 

"Oh," I rubbed the back of my neck. She pursed her lips and nodded slowly. We stood in front of each other in silence. Painfully awkward silence. *SAY SOMETHING* I opened my mouth. *ANYTHING. SAY ANYTHING* Mari stared at me intently, clearly waiting for me to speak. Unfortunately my mind went completely blank, not even a single insult or joke. 

"Okay then-" Mari sighed, clearly dissapointed.

"So um," I pinched the hem of my shirt, "Will your dad be okay with me wearing this?" 

"Don't worry about it, he won't mind." 

"Are you sure?"

She inhaled and swallowed hard, "He's dead. And so is my mother." Blinking her eyes a few times, a tiny fake smile smile appeared, telling me it wasnt a big deal. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind." She turned away and headed down the hall. 

I felt a deep pang stab my heart. You shouldn't be smiling like that. You shouldn't be able to say that your parents are dead and smile. You're clearly still in pain. Is this why her eyes are so emotionless? I followed her into the laundry room, watching her dump my clothes into the washer. I sat on the dryer with my legs dangling. I couldn't help but stare at her elegant side profile. Milky white skin, irresistably soft lips, mysterious brown eyes that nearly seduced me the moment I laid eyes on them. The sudden slam on the washer door knocked me out of my gaze. 

She sighed loudly before turning her attention to me, "You're probably wondering why my parents are dead." 

"Huh?" I blurted. 

"It's okay to be curious." *But it's not right* "I mean, with the crappy answer I gave earlier-"

"It's fine. You don't have to tell me."

"But I want to. That way the curiosity won't kill you-"

"I-"

"AND you won't have to stare at me with those pity eyes."

*Pity?* "I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine, everyone who knows does it. It's only natural right?"

 A slight breeze sent a chill up my spine. *Good time to change to subject* "Why is it so cold in here?" I shivered, hugging myself tightly. I examined her sleeping attire: short shorts and an oversized t-shirt that barely hung on both her shoulders. "How are you not freezing?" She looked at me and tilted her head. A slight smile formed on her lips. *Cute* Picking up a towel and playfully placing it on my head, she began patting my hair dry.

"Your hair is wet. Of course you're cold." 

*So she does have a heart* After a few minutes I grinned and gently held her wrists. Without giving it a second thought I placed her delicate hands on my cheeks, pressing them lightly. I lifted my head; letting the towel slip through her fingers with a silent drop. Making direct eye contact tinted her cheeks bright red. Her body turned stone cold from the sudden contact. *I guess she's never experienced skinship before* I chuckled at her innocent reaction before sliding her hands off my face. "I'm not cold anymore, thanks."

Mari pulled her hands away and avoided eye contact with me. "Are you hungry?" 

"Starved, whatcha got?" 

"I didn't go grocery shopping today."

"So...ramyeon?" 

"Kimchi or chicken flavored?"

I chuckled and hopped off the dryer. "Kimchi." 

>>>Mari's POV<<<

I stirred the steaming hot pot of ramen for the last time before placing it on the counter in front of Kai's hungry eyes. "Enjoy." I handed him a pair of chopsticks. He stabbed them mercilessy into the insant noodles and scarfed down a mouthful. "Aish, you look like you've never eaten in your life. Does the company ever feed you?"

Kai looked up at me, "I just came back from practice. What, do you want some?"

"No thanks, I already ate." I headed up the stairs, "Just throw the pot in the sink when you're done. I'll clean it tomorrow." 

"Where are you going?" 

"I'll be sleeping if you need me." 

"Yah-"

"Sleep well on the couch pabo~" I teased and slammed my bedroom door closed as I walked in. I jumped into bed and submerged myself with the soft blankets and fluffy pillows. *Goodnight Kai* I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Two Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>>Mari's POV<<<

Cue the music xD 

I shifted around as the sound of thunder and howling winds increased. *Aish, so annoying!* I hated thunderstorms, they were the dreadful ers of sleep. It's not that I was scared of it...okay, well, maybe just a tad bit. So my ears are a bit sensitive to loud noises, kill me. I shot up from the bed and heard my bedroom door creak open. I rubbed my sleep deprived eyes to see Kai standing at the doorway. 

He ruffled his bedhead, "Can't sleep either?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "The storm is being an attention . It's like it wants to keep me awake just so I can stare at it through the window." 

Kai chuckled and sauntered over to my bed. He lifted the covers and gently pushed me aside to make room for himself. "Yah-" I leaned away. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me down into a tight embrace. I felt my back tense up as it made contact with his chest. He draped the comforter over us and snuggled close. *Oh my gosh*  I could practically feel my heart jumping out of my chest. 

"Do you why I came here tonight?"

"To stalk me?"

"I found out you gave Sehun and Luhan your real number."

"You came all this way in the pouring rain to tell me that?

"I came all this way in the pouring rain, TO GET YOUR DAMN NUMBER. Your REAL one. Not the one used to call law enforcements."

I snickered a bit, "Why do you want my REAL number so badly?"

"So we can talk whenever I can't physically be with you." 

"Can't argue with that." I murmured. "Since we both can't sleep, I'll give you this opportunity to have a nice little chat with me." I flipped my body around to face him. 

"About what?"

"Anything." 

"Anything?"

"Yes." I nodded. "What do you want to know about?"

"Your parents."

I widened my eyes, "Huh? Really?"

"You need to talk about them, don't you? That's why you told me they were dead in the first place. You want someone to talk to about this kind of stuff. You need someone."

*I never thought about it that way* "You think I need someone to talk to? I have Ren-"

"Ren is your distraction." 

*Distraction?* "He's my bestfriend-"

"Who you refuse to talk to about this kind of stuff. You're using Ren as the to your emotions. That's not healthy."

"And what are you?"

"Whatever you want me to be." I felt his hot breath on my jawline. "I'm here for you." He planted a light kiss on my neck before cuddling me in his arms, resting his cheek on my forehead. 

 

---End of Chapter 8---

 

Author-nim's note:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO MUCH FLUFFITY FLUFF FLUFF!!! MAH FEEEEELSSS!

The screams...LET EM OUT!

 

Who knew Kai could be such a sweetheart <3333

OOooooooooohhhhhhhh *Screams in corner* If you guys want anymore of this stuff just let me know, but it was CRINGE WORTHY for me to write this xD. I hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

 

Like Mah Story?! Subscribe and Comment!!! Both help me update faster xDDD