Right Hand Man

My Badass Sweetheart

>>>Mari's POV<<<

"Tell Grandmama Kwon I said hi!" Ren wrapped his arms around me. 

"No problem." I laughed, hugging him back.

"Call me if you need me."

"I'll be fine."

"My baby is growing up so fast!"

"Thanks mom."

"That's Mama Ren to you." Ren stepped aside to let Kai through. I waited for Ren to walk away but he just stood at his spot, staring at us. Kai raised an eyebrow at Ren and tilted his head to one side, signaling Ren that we wanted to be alone. "Oh. My bad." Ren chuckled. "Take your time, marshmallow couple." He ran off to be with TaeAn and Myungsoo. 

"Bye, Jongin." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked his cheek. I felt his arms wrap around my waist, tightly embracing me back.

"Don't miss me too much." He playfully whispered.

I responded with a chuckle, "You're so full of it." 

"Full of undying love for you, my lady." He took a step back and dramatically bowed. 

"Mari, hurry up, our flight is boarding!" Myungsoo called.

Ren smacked the back of his head, angrily. "Don't ruin their time together! You've already done enough of that. You love birds take as much time as you need!" TaeAn rolled her eyes, dragging Ren and Myungsoo away. 

"That's my cue. I'll see you soon." I sighed, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Not really." Kai pouted. 

"I'm only gone for eight days!" 

"That's more than a week." 

"Barely." 

"Have fun...and remember not to let any good looking guys near you. Except for me." 

"Aye aye captain. Bye!" I pecked him on the lips one last time before running off.

 

 

"Sorry, but the number you have dialed is unavailable. Please call back later." I sighed for the umpteenth time. Grandma Kwon was no where to be seen or heard from. So much for catching up over brunch.

Judging by the frown I had on my face, TaeAn already knew what happened, "She'll call back. I'm sure she's just overbooked with business meetings again."

"That's what I'm worried about, she's always overworking herself." I threw myself onto the one of the leather couches in the waiting room couch. "I miss my naggy old granny." My lips formed into a slight pout.

"I'm sorry, kiddo. I'm sure she'll make up for loss time. She always does." TaeAn patted my head.

"You should just go straight to her office." Myungsoo suggested. "They're obviously not letting us in for a reason. I mean, you're the freaking heir for crying out loud. What heir needs to make an appointment two months in advance to see their grandmother?"

"Maybe she's backed up on meetings, like TaeAn said. It must be serious if she won't let me in." I eyed the elevator doors that were being guarded by a large number of men in black suits and tacky shades. "They won't even let us near the elevator or stairs. It's like we're banned from this place. Huh, I'm banned from my own company."

"I hate that y receptionist." TaeAn stuck her thumb out at the young woman taping away furiously at the keyboard. "You have to make an appointment. No drop in visits aloud. Blah blah blah~"

"Did you tell her who you were?" Myungsoo asked.

I replied with a nod, "But she didn't believe me since I don't have a company ID card with me. Apparently there are quite a few impersonators that drop by." 

"That's bull." TaeAn scoffed. "Who the hell would want to be crabby old you?" 

"HEY!" I threw one of the peppermint candies, that were in the candy bowl in front of us, at her. TaeAn caught it with two fingers and unwrapped it, happily popping it in .

"Kwon Mari?" A voice called. 

"Yes?" I stood up. 

A tall and lean male with pale skin, chesnut brown hair and eyes that gave off the most innocent look ever. This guy was definately different from the y sultry vibe I got from my boyfriend. The man held out his hand, "My name is Jang Seunghoon, nice to finally meet you Mari-ssi." 

"Nice to meet you." I shook his hand. His grip was so gentle, it felt as if he was treating me like a porcelin doll. 

Seunghoon bowed, more than ninety degrees. Good lord, I could already feel the awkwardness settling in when he gave me an oh too friendly smile. I have never been treated so nicely. *One Hundred Percent Gentleman* 

"And you came to talk to me because..." 

"Ah!" Seunghoon's bright and shiny personality was beginning to be a bit much for me. Goes to show how much of an effect Ren's constant mode has on me. I am not the nicest cookie, therefore being nice to this ray of sunshine was going to be difficult. "I am the Vice President of Kwon Enterprises. I've been working at this wonderful establishment for two years now." Seunghoon chirped. "I look forward to showing you everything you need to know in order to help you sucessfully run Kwon Enterprises."

"Great." I forced a smile. "Exactly, how old are you?"

"Twenty. I just turned twenty last month."

"WHAT?" 

"Excuse me?"

"That means you started working here when you were-"

"Eighteen, well you see-I was homeschooled. My parents spent a fortune on my education so I could have the mind of a college student by the age of fourteen. I worked as an intern for this company for four years before finally grabbing this position. I may be young but I am more than capable of doing my job properly."

Me, Myungsoo and TaeAn gawked at him. This kid probably didn't enjoy his childhood properly because of all the studying and learning he must have endured. Jeez, at fourteen I was learning how to ditch the most boring of my first year of highschool classes. Seunghoon had a job at fourteen, I had never even heard of such a thing. Call me spoiled and pampered but my grandmother was too busy keeping me away from the company as far as possible. She told me to enjoy life as much as I could before I settled down and became old. 

Props to Grams for caring about my life. 

"I will be like your personal assistant until Chairman Kwon hands full ownership of the company over to you. Please treat me well." Seunghoon bowed, again.

I shook my head, "Oh no, it's fine. You're probably busy with all that Vice President work. Besides, I already have a personal body guard, it's already enough to handle." 

"Your grandmother gave me a direct order to oversee your stay in Jeju. I intend to follow through with my promise to Chairman Kwon."

"I guess you're like my babysitter."

"More like your right hand man." Seunghoon winked. "It's going to be a pleasure working with you in the future. Please treat me well, Mari-ssi."

I had no idea why but his upbeat tone made me laugh. This cheeseball was going to be difficult to get used to but I mustered up another smile and replied,"Likewise." 

 

---End of Chapter 56---

 

 

-Jang Seunghoon

-20 years old

-Vice President of Kwon Enterprises

-Organized, Gentleman, and Incredibly Smart.

 

 

 

Suga, how you doin'? You lookin' FINE tonight, MMMMMmmmhhmmmm~ COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! 

Both help me update faster! xD